SiNfuL iPhone

SiNfuL iPhone (http://www.sinfuliphone.com/index.php)
-   Apple TV (http://www.sinfuliphone.com/forumdisplay.php?f=114)
-   -   XBMC all add-on show empty but wasn't like that before (http://www.sinfuliphone.com/showthread.php?t=103065)

ps32412 01-07-2012 11:12 AM

XBMC all add-on show empty but wasn't like that before

There is some hope that somebody can help me out. I did google it but didn't find a solution. I guess otherwise I have to uninstall and reinstall XBMC.

My guess is that it has something to do that I created additional profiles in XBMC with the hope I could password protect some section in the case I have young visitors who want use the ATV2G JB SPass 4.4.4 / nitoTV / I-Flms / Plex / navi-x / aTV Flash (black) 1.1.1 / Exposed / Overfl0w
(Later I found under System -> Settings the option to set passwords for XBMC. Is it possible to set a password protect also for ATV2G Menu items?)

Anyway my main problem is that under XBMC -> System -> Settings -> Addons -> GetAddons -> All-Add-on I get a empty list and same happens to all installed add ons

Would really aprichiate any tip:)

Tbl178 01-07-2012 09:16 PM

you have to wait for a little bit to see the stuffs in the add-on after install

winmecd 01-08-2012 01:37 AM

Mine did same thing could not solve it so had to do a full reinstall 😞

ps32412 01-08-2012 06:13 AM

Thanks for the replays that give's me a hint, in that case it seems that by loading a specific add-on might have overwritten some files which results in empty lists. And since I don't know the structure or procedure only a reinstall as mention will help me until somebody can narrow it down in case somebody else will face the same issue.

MASTASLY 01-08-2012 07:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ps32412 (Post 744813)
There is some hope that somebody can help me out. I did google it but didn't find a solution. I guess otherwise I have to uninstall and reinstall XBMC.

My guess is that it has something to do that I created additional profiles in XBMC with the hope I could password protect some section in the case I have young visitors who want use the ATV2G JB SPass 4.4.4 / nitoTV / I-Flms / Plex / navi-x / aTV Flash (black) 1.1.1 / Exposed / Overfl0w
(Later I found under System -> Settings the option to set passwords for XBMC. Is it possible to set a password protect also for ATV2G Menu items?)

Anyway my main problem is that under XBMC -> System -> Settings -> Addons -> GetAddons -> All-Add-on I get a empty list and same happens to all installed add ons

Would really aprichiate any tip:)

for ATV2 after you adding new repo you need to reboot device to see it's content otherwise you won't see shite...unless u already tried and it still doesnt work...

but for what you saying at the end you can't even see repos that you already installed so there's something fucked up there...i wud just quick restore with 4.4.4seasonpass and all shud be fine again.

ps32412 01-08-2012 07:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MASTASLY (Post 745527)
for ATV2 after you adding new repo you need to reboot device to see it's content otherwise you won't see shite...unless u already tried and it still doesnt work...

but for what you saying at the end you can't even see repos that you already installed so there's something fucked up there...i wud just quick restore with 4.4.4seasonpass and all shud be fine again.

I guess you are completely right since I tried in the meantime to uninstall XBMC via NitoTV (Install 11.x Beta) -> Reboot and then install XBMC again but still shows same issues on all installed add-ons. Then I thought I might have installed too much and started to uninstall add-ons and reboot again -> No effect except showing more free space in System Settings. So I will perform a new 4.4.4seasonpass since Apple is still signing the SHSH Blobs + AP Ticket (Anyway have a iFaith 1.4 saved IPSW too)
Bye the way great Forum and thanks to everybody for the kind replays! Just learned a lot here. (Didn't know I could use Filezilla to SFTP into ATV2G without USB just on WiFi works great and changed root password too lol)

Edit1: OK Restored all with 4.4.4seasonpass and install most of it again, seems to be ok now. My guess is now that plex might have caused it.

natzakaria 01-08-2012 11:37 PM

I have the same issue only after installing plexbmc.
I guess that must be the culprit.
Now doing upgrade to 4.4.4 from 4.3

mattyg18 01-09-2012 05:23 AM

I had the same problem on 4.4 after installing add ons and then changing from confluence to aeon skin. I couldn't figure out the problem so i just re-did season pass and re-installed all add ons. I left the confluence skin on (in case thats the problem) and everything seems to be fine for now, including Plex.

Keeping my fingers crossed.

ps32412 01-09-2012 07:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mattyg18 (Post 746333)
I had the same problem on 4.4 after installing add ons and then changing from confluence to aeon skin. I couldn't figure out the problem so i just re-did season pass and re-installed all add ons. I left the confluence skin on (in case thats the problem) and everything seems to be fine for now, including Plex.

Keeping my fingers crossed.

Good to know since I did exactly that on the messed up I did change the skin from confluence to aeon skin with file xbmc.repo.aeonmq.2.zip and after re JB all on 4.4.4 I didn't. So that might be the reason for real why we get the empty add-on lists.

Blackrooster 01-11-2012 09:53 PM

If Get more is Empty use Putty and paste the command line. then reboot.
=========================

ssh with putty
rm -f /private/var/mobile/Library/Preferences/XBMC/userdata/Database/Addons*

If after a jailbreak XBMC does not function use the following command line then reboot

ssh with putty
rm -f /private/var/mobile/Library/Preferences/XBMC/userdata/Database/*db

bigorangekitty 01-11-2012 10:24 PM

go to get add-ons, hold the menu button and choose "check for update" and "force refresh"

rdeguz1 08-15-2012 11:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blackrooster (Post 748795)
If Get more is Empty use Putty and paste the command line. then reboot.
=========================

ssh with putty
rm -f /private/var/mobile/Library/Preferences/XBMC/userdata/Database/Addons*

If after a jailbreak XBMC does not function use the following command line then reboot

ssh with putty
rm -f /private/var/mobile/Library/Preferences/XBMC/userdata/Database/*db

This worked for me !!!!!!!!!! Finally after searching and reading countless threads on AppleTV and XBMC forums I found a solution that really works!! Thanks a LOT :headbang: