You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    

Go Back   SiNfuL iPhone > Device Specific > iPhone 3GS

Notices

iPhone 3GS iPhone 3GS Discussion | Help
NO JAILBREAKING QUESTIONS!

cellular data network bar missing pleast help
Unread 06-02-2011, 11:08 PM   #1
frankrodrigjr
n00b

Device: iPhone 4
iOS Version: 4.3.x
iTunes Version: iTunes 10
Carrier: T-Mobile
cellular data network bar missing pleast help

im running 4.3.3 on an iphone 3gs jailbroken and unlocked for tmobile i can send and receive calls. when ever i try to go to the cellular data network bar to set the mms settings its no longer there what can i do to fix it. please help

Last edited by frankrodrigjr; 06-02-2011 at 11:15 PM.

Unread 06-04-2011, 07:13 AM   #2
lod
Lord of Darkness

Device: iPhone 4S
iOS Version: 7.0
iTunes Version: iTunes 11
In your carrier settings on your phone, the carrier.plist needs to have the following lines in it in order to give you access to the settings:
<key>AllowEDGEEditing</key>
<true/>
<key>AllowMMSCEditing</key>
<true/>
<key>AllowMMSEditing</key>
<true/>

Unread 06-04-2011, 07:38 AM   #3
MOUSA
iPhoneaholic

Device: iPad 3
iOS Version: 5.1.1
Carrier: Other
Quote:
Originally Posted by lod View Post
In your carrier settings on your phone, the carrier.plist needs to have the following lines in it in order to give you access to the settings:
<key>AllowEDGEEditing</key>
<true/>
<key>AllowMMSCEditing</key>
<true/>
<key>AllowMMSEditing</key>
<true/>
first, download ifile from cydia
second ,open ifile go to system >library>carrierbundles, search for your carrier open the file carrier and copy carrier.plist and to var>mobile>library>preferences paste it there and restart iphone and after that u will find cellular network appear and if doesn't appear back to var>mobile>library>preferences and open carrier.plist and add
<key>AllowEDGEEditing<key>
<true/>
and save it should appear this the only way to get it appear

Last edited by MOUSA; 06-04-2011 at 07:47 AM.

Unread 06-04-2011, 05:19 PM   #4
frankrodrigjr
n00b

iOS Version: 4.3.x
thanks guys worked great now i just have to set the picture settings

Unread 06-19-2011, 09:24 PM   #5
bocatica
n00b

Device: iPhone 3GS
iOS Version: 4.3
How exactly do you add this to the plist file? I found a carrier.plist file on thei phone for unknown bundles and it had the attribute allowedgeediting set to true but the settings still did not come up.

Please assist. Thank you

Unread 06-19-2011, 10:26 PM   #6
tom21
Obsessive iPhone Disorder

iOS Version: 5.1.1
Carrier: AT&T
Thanked 1,866 Times in 1,016 Posts
Not all mobile carriers allow editing APN fields. If there is no editable field shown after editing, you will have to patch CommCenter using Wortel's patch. It is because there is a signature verification check built into the carrier.plist file.
I'm forever busy to be sober. Resident drunk lurking with Budweiser.

Unread 07-07-2011, 05:59 PM   #7
inzaneee
n00b

Device: iPhone 3G
iOS Version: 4.2
i have problem with the CARRIER in settings .. UNABLE TO LOAD NETWORK LIST ..

What should I do?.. PLEASE help Me!

Unread 08-02-2011, 02:55 PM   #8
Elsocio83
iPhone User

Device: iPhone 5
Carrier: Sprint
For everyone that's having trouble with their "Cellular Data Network" tab disappearing, I found the solution:

In Cydia, you must download "TetherMe" and install it. This will bring up your cellular data network tab, knowing TetherMe will require to use your internet APN for a hotspot or using USB mode to connect to a laptop. Trust me, this actually worked for me (using iPhone 4 4.3.3 using Gevey SIM with T-Mobile). This is also working on a iPhone 3GS running on 4.3.3 ultrasn0w. I'm not sure what exactly happened, but I did a clean restore, setup as new iPhone in iTunes,within hours, the tab was gone. But, this actually helped me. Need help, let me know and I will direct you to the right area.

Last edited by Elsocio83; 08-02-2011 at 03:03 PM.

Unread 08-02-2011, 03:35 PM   #9
technotom

iOS Version: 6.0
Carrier: o2
I have a 3g on 4.2.1 ipad baseband 6.15.00 with no wifi and no cellular tab. Can't download anything in cydia even though it opens up fine. Cant install ifile or tether me. Any ideas are much appreciated. Thanks
TECHNOTOM

Unread 08-02-2011, 06:38 PM   #10
Elsocio83
iPhone User

Quote:
Originally Posted by technotom View Post
I have a 3g on 4.2.1 ipad baseband 6.15.00 with no wifi and no cellular tab. Can't download anything in cydia even though it opens up fine. Cant install ifile or tether me. Any ideas are much appreciated. Thanks
What steps did you do to not have wifi? Maybe if you tell me how you got there, maybe I can help you, but I need more information.

Unread 08-03-2011, 03:26 PM   #11
technotom

Iphone 3g was on 5.14.02 bb and needed unlock so updated it to ipad baseband 6.15.00. Unlocked with ultrasn0w after jailbreak. Had wifi for a day or so and phone worked great. Then phone stopped locating and connecting to wifi networks. Only there after realised that there was no celluar data tab in settings so cant even connect on 3g celluar. With no cydia I cant install ifile or tetherme or anything.

Can I use winscp or something to update settings or can anyone make helpful suggestion please.
Thanks.
TECHNOTOM

Unread 08-03-2011, 03:33 PM   #12
Elsocio83
iPhone User

Quote:
Iphone 3g was on 5.14.02 bb and needed unlock so updated it to ipad baseband 6.15.00. Unlocked with ultrasn0w after jailbreak. Had wifi for a day or so and phone worked great. Then phone stopped locating and connecting to wifi networks. Only there after realised that there was no celluar data tab in settings so cant even connect on 3g celluar. With no cydia I cant install ifile or tetherme or anything.

Can I use winscp or something to update settings or can anyone make helpful suggestion please.
Thanks.
I would create a custom firmware using sn0wbreeze for iOS 4.2.1 and select expert mode, then use the iPad baseband (even though you have it on your phone) and create it. Then download iReb and put your phone in DFU mode. Then, open iTunes and when the message comes up that you are in recovery mode, hold shift (Windows) and click on Restore and search for your custom firmware. Go to this site to download the tools : ih8sn0w.com

Unread 08-04-2011, 11:25 AM   #13
Elsocio83
iPhone User

Quote:

Thanks.
Technotom, follow my steps so you can have your cellular data network tab back on your iPhone 3GS:

Download your firmware for your phone by visiting Felix Bruns to download your firmware iPod, iPhone and iPad Firmware Download. Then download sn0wbreeze to create a custom firmware for your 3GS (please make sure you are using the correct sn0wbreeze for your firmware). Then, open sn0wbreeze and create your custom ipsw (make sure you hactivate the phone option is selected, install iPad baseband selected too). Create your custom firmware, then open iReb. You will need to use iReb to put your iPhone 3GS in DFU mode in able for this to work. In iReb, select iPhone 3GS and follow the steps. Once your iPhone is in DFU mode, open iTunes (Note, please remember, do not open iTunes in the beginning of this process. Open iTunes after your iPhone is in DFU mode) and iTunes will detect your phone in recovery mode (that's fine). Next, in Windows, hold down shift+Restore and restore your iPhone with the custom firmware (using sn0wbreeze will save your custom ipsw on your desktop in windows) and let it do its job. If everything goes well, you will now be running on iOS 4.2.1 and now, you should be able to connect to wifi and open cydia and update your sources. To have TheterMe, go to this link:

http://www.sinfuliphone.com/showthre...light=tetherme

To add the .deb files into your phone, install Sinful's repo (sinfuliphonerepo.com/) in cydia, then search for iFile, install iFile, then open iFile. Navigate to var/root/Media/Cydia/AutoInstall folder and drop the three files:
TetherMe
TetherMe APN Edit
TetherMe Preferences

Reboot your phone and then you will have your cellular data network tab back on your phone and it will not disappear after following these steps! Anyone let me know if this works for you. I want to help everyone out possible!!!

Last edited by Elsocio83; 08-04-2011 at 12:09 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Elsocio83 For This Useful Post:
technotom (08-05-2011)

Unread 08-05-2011, 04:22 PM   #14
technotom

Hey Elsocio83,
Thanks for your help. I was having the issue with my 3g and not a 3gs so first problem I had was that you do not get the pre-unlock option with the 3g in sn0wbreeze but you put an idea in my head with your post and I installed deb files for Ultrasn0w and Mobile substrate and Tetherme. After a couple of reboots all worked fine and I had my 3g unlocked again and celluar data tab restored.
The only issue I have at the moment now is that when I try to install some packages from Cydia they keep deleting Ultrasn0w and leaving me stranded again and I have to re jailbreak, so I still have to work that one out. My wifi never returned so I presume that is shot .
Thanks for taking the time to post your reply and If I can return the favour in the future I will .

If anyone has a similar issue and has any questions feel free to pm me and I'll do my best for you.

TECHNOTOM
TECHNOTOM

Unread 08-08-2011, 06:42 AM   #15
Elsocio83
iPhone User

Quote:
Hey Elsocio83,
Thanks for your help. I was having the issue with my 3g and not a 3gs so first problem I had was that you do not get the pre-unlock option with the 3g in sn0wbreeze but you put an idea in my head with your post and I installed deb files for Ultrasn0w and Mobile substrate and Tetherme. After a couple of reboots all worked fine and I had my 3g unlocked again and celluar data tab restored.
The only issue I have at the moment now is that when I try to install some packages from Cydia they keep deleting Ultrasn0w and leaving me stranded again and I have to re jailbreak, so I still have to work that one out. My wifi never returned so I presume that is shot .
Thanks for taking the time to post your reply and If I can return the favour in the future I will .

If anyone has a similar issue and has any questions feel free to pm me and I'll do my best for you.

TECHNOTOM

Ok, I apologize. I thought you had a 3GS (maybe I was reading too fast). If Cydia keeps on removing the debs you installed, I would suggest removing the debs you installed and then open Cydia again and install the updated debs (Ultrasn0w, mobile substrate, etc.). As for the wifi, I still don't understand why it is not working for you, as when you create the custom ipsw, you should have everything working.

Unread 08-20-2011, 01:33 PM   #16
Kerromatic
n00b

iOS Version: 4.3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elsocio83 View Post

Technotom, follow my steps so you can have your cellular data network tab back on your iPhone 3GS:

Download your firmware for your phone by visiting Felix Bruns to download your firmware iPod, iPhone and iPad Firmware Download. Then download sn0wbreeze to create a custom firmware for your 3GS (please make sure you are using the correct sn0wbreeze for your firmware). Then, open sn0wbreeze and create your custom ipsw (make sure you hactivate the phone option is selected, install iPad baseband selected too). Create your custom firmware, then open iReb. You will need to use iReb to put your iPhone 3GS in DFU mode in able for this to work. In iReb, select iPhone 3GS and follow the steps. Once your iPhone is in DFU mode, open iTunes (Note, please remember, do not open iTunes in the beginning of this process. Open iTunes after your iPhone is in DFU mode) and iTunes will detect your phone in recovery mode (that's fine). Next, in Windows, hold down shift+Restore and restore your iPhone with the custom firmware (using sn0wbreeze will save your custom ipsw on your desktop in windows) and let it do its job. If everything goes well, you will now be running on iOS 4.2.1 and now, you should be able to connect to wifi and open cydia and update your sources. To have TheterMe, go to this link:

http://www.sinfuliphone.com/showthre...light=tetherme

To add the .deb files into your phone, install Sinful's repo (sinfuliphonerepo.com/) in cydia, then search for iFile, install iFile, then open iFile. Navigate to var/root/Media/Cydia/AutoInstall folder and drop the three files:
TetherMe
TetherMe APN Edit
TetherMe Preferences

Reboot your phone and then you will have your cellular data network tab back on your phone and it will not disappear after following these steps! Anyone let me know if this works for you. I want to help everyone out possible!!!

This method worked for me!!! awesome tip I am on iPhone 4 - 4.3.3, 04.10.01
the only downside is that it once again screws up your facetime if you have it activated but its alright nobody even uses facetime anymore since skype or tango is so much better! Thanks for the help

Unread 08-22-2011, 06:46 AM   #17
Elsocio83
iPhone User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kerromatic View Post

This method worked for me!!! awesome tip I am on iPhone 4 - 4.3.3, 04.10.01
the only downside is that it once again screws up your facetime if you have it activated but its alright nobody even uses facetime anymore since skype or tango is so much better! Thanks for the help
Wow. I'm glad that this worked for you. I did this on my girlfriend's iPhone 3GS and I did it on my iPhone 4, so I know it works.