THIS THREAD IS OUTDATED!!! A lot of what was posted in this thread is not relevant anymore but there is some useful info at the end of the thread
Well I know it is a little late but nonetheless, better late than never......Watch LIVE, archived or condensed NFL games for FREE!!!!!!!! I thought I posted this earlier today so everyone could watch their favorite teams fighting for the playoffs but I guess it didn't get posted for some reason.
If you're a fan of the NBA
, you may have recently noticed that it has been pointed out/ already posted that you can watch all the LIVE games (also condensed & highlights) of games for FREE by using the UK appstore app NBA.tv along with a couple of cydia tweaks (iAP Cracker & Location Spoofer). Well.....it made me think maybe it could be that simple for NFL
games too and what do you know, it is!!!
Watch from your iDevice where ever you are!
IMPORTANT NOTE: If you are from a country other than the US or a US territory then you can download the apps from ANY appstore that has them. Also, you DON'T need to use any location spoofing app, just download the app and use iAPCracker and you're done!
Things you need:
- UK app store account
(I will describe how to get one below, easy and can be useful to get other apps in the future)
- NFL Game Pass
and/or NHL Game Center
- (Cydia Tweaks) iAP Cracker
and one of the following (2) location spoofing apps: Location Spoofer
(has an annoying pop-up for most) or LocationHolic
(I prefer this one because it has an SBSettings toggle and/or a Notification Center widget toggle)
- From your PC (maybe it will work right on your idevice but not sure), go to this UK app store link for NFL Game Pass here: http://itunes.apple.com/vn/app/nfl-g...459244446?mt=8
- Click the "view in itunes" tab and wait for itunes to open up to the app page. Then click the "free app" tab. You will then be prompted that this is an UK app store app and to create an account or sign in with existing apple ID. Create a new account (can't be your current Apple ID email address). You will need an UK street address to create the account so just google a hotel address etc. After creating an account you can download the app to your pc if you wish (optional).
- On your iDevice, open Settings>Store> and click on your Apple ID. Sign out of your current Apple account (presumably US but what ever country) and login with the UK account you just created.
- Open the App Store, search for "NFL Game Pass
" and/or NHL Game Center
- Open Cydia and download iAP Cracker
and Location Spoofer
(the Sinful repo has them as well as many other repos) or just search the forum and download the debs.
- Open Location Spoofer or LocationHolic.
- for Location Spoofer:
(optional, but if you don't want Location Spoofer to ask whether to spoof an app's location then set never spoof all first, then uncheck NFL Game pass), then select to spoof "Game Pass". Set your location to somewhere like Ireland (only because the NFL Redzone has a blackout restriction in the UK).
- for LocationHolic:
You may have to open/close the app from your switcher or respring after installing the app if your real location is not showing on the map in LocationHolic. After your correct location is displayed, tap the fake tab and set you location in Ireland like mentioned above. Then just remember to turn on LoactionHolic via SBSettings, NC, or within the LH app itself before opening the NFL, NBA or NHL app.
- Open up NFL Game Pass and click on the "Premium Subscription" tab. You will then see the "Thank you, your subscription is now active" screen. Then tap "continue without sign in" (optional, you can try to login using your NFL account but I have not tried that). If using this for the NBA.tv app and/or the NHL Game Center app just select buy premium league pass when prompted after trying to watch video etc.
That's it. Enjoy the NFL, NBA and NHL seasons!!!!
You can log back into your normal apple account by redoing step (3) at any point after downloading the NFL Game Pass and or NBA.tv app.