So, you've keenly upgraded to the latest version of XBMC on your ATV2 only to find that the latest version has a deal breaking bug.
Here's how to revert to a previous version:
- Exit XBMC on the ATV2
- On any web browser on your computer, go to XBMC's repo's deb folder.
- Download the last version that worked. (usually the first one later than the newest, the page has time stamps)
- Using an SFTP program (I am using WinSCP on Windows) copy the file to your ATV2)
- Using an SSH terminal, (I am using PuTTY on Windows) log into your ATV2, and navigate to the location that you transferred the file to.
- Enter the following command (where [File Name] is the full filename of the .deb file downloaded:
dpkg -i [File Name]
Note: WinSCP & PuTTY both point to the same location when it first logs into the ATV2.
To revert from RC1 to b3, the file that you need is:
and the command to re-install it is:
dpkg -i org.xbmc.xbmc-atv2_11.0-0~b3_iphoneos-arm.deb