some people ask how to created individual sms tones.... here is a tutorial that i found @ The digital side of life ;
Here is my little manual, which I found somewhere in the internet, to make your own sms tones. All you need is you own iPhone, some nice music/effects/anything other and iTunes!
1. Choose a favorite MP3 files and cut (with IRinger, itunes it self, or Windows Movie Maker) out some seconds (2-3 seconds should be enough)
2. Now import this MP3 in your iTunes and convert it to a AIFF file
3. Copy this new created AIFF file on your desktop
If you don’t find this file, look at the properties of the file in iTunes – there should be the path where it’s located on your harddrive.
4. Now change the ending *.aif in *.caf
5. Now connect via SCP on your iPhone (Mac: Cyberduck, Win: WinSCP)
6. Go to “/System/Library/Audio/UISounds”
7. Here you can change one or all of the default sms tones.
But create first a backup of the file which you’ll replace! e.g. rename “sms-received6.caf” in “sms-received_6.caf” and then copy your new file to “sms-received_6.caf”.
And here is which file corresponds to which name:
sms-received1.caf -> Tri-tone
sms-received2.caf -> Chime
sms-received3.caf -> Glass
sms-received4.caf -> Horn
sms-received5.caf -> Bell
sms-received6.caf -> Electronic
copyright by Own SMS tones for iphone | The digital Side of Life