You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    

Go Back   SiNfuL iPhone > Device Specific > iPhone 3GS

Notices

iPhone 3GS iPhone 3GS Discussion | Help
NO JAILBREAKING QUESTIONS!

Reply
 
Thread Tools

 I'm Locked out of iphone 3.1.3
Old 09-28-2010, 12:39 PM   #1
mxrio
Jailbroken
 
mxrio's Avatar
 
mxrio is offline
Join Date: Aug 2010
Device: iPhone 4
iOS Version: 4.2
iTunes Version: iTunes 10
Carrier: T-Mobile
OS: Windows 7
Location: TX
Posts: 27
Thanks: 19
Thanked 10 Times in 5 Posts
I'm Locked out of iphone 3.1.3

I recently bought an iphone 3gs on firmware 3.1.3 and it has password lock and the previous owner did not give me password and i have no way to contact him.

So my real problem is i need to keep that firmware because i want to unlock to tmobile. How can i restore or remove password and keep the jb. or Any other solution to keep my baseband and the ability to jb.

[EDIT]
First of all no I did not steal it.
Second it is jailbroken but when i try to get shsh files it appears they are not there ?
  Reply With Quote

 
Old 09-28-2010, 01:37 PM   #2
GTX15
iPhoneaholic
 
GTX15's Avatar
 
GTX15 is offline
Join Date: Oct 2009
Device: iPhone 5
iOS Version: 6.1.2
iTunes Version: iTunes 10
Carrier: AT&T
OS: Windows 7 64-bit
Location: CHITOWN
Posts: 113
Thanks: 13
Thanked 20 Times in 14 Posts
Yea right!! give the phone BACK!!
  Reply With Quote

 
Old 09-28-2010, 01:53 PM   #3
karma
Banned because I'm a TOOL!!!

 
karma is offline
Join Date: Jun 2010
Device: iPhone 4S
iOS Version: 5.1.1
iTunes Version: iTunes 10
Carrier: AT&T
OS: Other
Location: Orange County, NY
Posts: 3,078
Thanks: 954
Thanked 2,030 Times in 891 Posts
If the phone isn't jailbroken, then your only solution is to restore/upgrade to the latest firmware. You can use TinyUmbrella to check if it has any SHSH blobs saved by doing the following:
-Connect the iDevice to your computer
-Open up TinyUmbrella -- Click here to download
-Click "Advanced options"
-In the "Device/Version" drop-down list, select the firmware you want to check for SHSH blobs
-In the "Request From" drop-down list, select Cydia
-Click "Save My SHSH"

Wait a few seconds while it checks...if it comes back as successful then you do have your SHSH blobs saved on file with Cydia for that firmware and now TinyUmbrella has saved a copy on your computer. This means you can upgrade/downgrade/restore to that specific firmware. If it comes back as failed and says something along the lines of "not eligible" than you don't have your SHSH blobs saved for that specific firmware and can't upgrade/downgrade/restore to it...it's too late.

If no SHSH blobs are saved on it and it's not jailbroken then you're screwed. Also, I find it hard to believe that you bought a phone and the seller wouldn't either remove the password lock all together, wouldn't tell you the password, or you have no way to contact him (how did you buy it in the first place than?)...there's no reason to lie on these forums.
  Reply With Quote

 
Old 09-28-2010, 02:50 PM   #4
junkiee24
Obsessive iPhone Disorder
 
junkiee24's Avatar
 
junkiee24 is offline
Join Date: Feb 2010
Device: iPad 2
iOS Version: 5.1
iTunes Version: iTunes 10
Carrier: T-Mobile
OS: Windows 7
Location: HI
Posts: 514
Thanks: 52
Thanked 35 Times in 30 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by karma_ View Post
If the phone isn't jailbroken, then your only solution is to restore/upgrade to the latest firmware. You can use TinyUmbrella to check if it has any SHSH blobs saved by doing the following:
-Connect the iDevice to your computer
-Open up TinyUmbrella -- Click here to download
-Click "Advanced options"
-In the "Device/Version" drop-down list, select the firmware you want to check for SHSH blobs
-In the "Request From" drop-down list, select Cydia
-Click "Save My SHSH"

Wait a few seconds while it checks...if it comes back as successful then you do have your SHSH blobs saved on file with Cydia for that firmware and now TinyUmbrella has saved a copy on your computer. This means you can upgrade/downgrade/restore to that specific firmware. If it comes back as failed and says something along the lines of "not eligible" than you don't have your SHSH blobs saved for that specific firmware and can't upgrade/downgrade/restore to it...it's too late.

If no SHSH blobs are saved on it and it's not jailbroken then you're screwed. Also, I find it hard to believe that you bought a phone and the seller wouldn't either remove the password lock all together, wouldn't tell you the password, or you have no way to contact him (how did you buy it in the first place than?)...there's no reason to lie on these forums.
SO TRUE>> if no SHSH then only option is to falsh to 4.1 and wait for a JB.
T-Mobile USA
iPad2 - 5.1
  Reply With Quote

 
Old 09-28-2010, 02:55 PM   #5
Da Haka
Ex-SuperModerator
 
Da Haka's Avatar
 
Da Haka is offline
Join Date: Jul 2010
Device: iPod Touch 3
iOS Version: 5.0.1
iTunes Version: iTunes 10
Carrier: Verizon
OS: Windows 7
Location: C:\Windows\System32\
Posts: 1,883
Thanks: 391
Thanked 2,389 Times in 536 Posts
To get past the passcode lock, simply call the iPhone from another phone and then while in the call, press the home button.

Not sure if thats what you are asking...
Imports are like tampons, every pussy's got one...

  Reply With Quote

 
Old 09-28-2010, 03:21 PM   #6
sinner
Obsessive iPhone Disorder
 
sinner's Avatar
 
sinner is offline
Join Date: Aug 2009
Device: iPhone 5
iOS Version: 6.0
iTunes Version: iTunes 11
Carrier: T-Mobile
OS: Windows 8
Location: CA
Posts: 531
Thanks: 514
Thanked 135 Times in 104 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Da Haka View Post
To get past the passcode lock, simply call the iPhone from another phone and then while in the call, press the home button.

Not sure if thats what you are asking...
even though your method will not WORK. Lets just say it will, but still how can he disable the passcode lock when he do get into setting?
  Reply With Quote

 
Old 09-28-2010, 03:41 PM   #7
junkiee24
Obsessive iPhone Disorder
 
junkiee24's Avatar
 
junkiee24 is offline
Join Date: Feb 2010
Device: iPad 2
iOS Version: 5.1
iTunes Version: iTunes 10
Carrier: T-Mobile
OS: Windows 7
Location: HI
Posts: 514
Thanks: 52
Thanked 35 Times in 30 Posts
wonder how much he bought the locked iphone for..
i bought a iphone 3gs that was on 4.1 for $200 super good condition.
no SHSH files on board so i am on the wait list for a new JB.
T-Mobile USA
iPad2 - 5.1
  Reply With Quote

 
Old 09-28-2010, 03:42 PM   #8
karma
Banned because I'm a TOOL!!!

 
karma is offline
Join Date: Jun 2010
Device: iPhone 4S
iOS Version: 5.1.1
iTunes Version: iTunes 10
Carrier: AT&T
OS: Other
Location: Orange County, NY
Posts: 3,078
Thanks: 954
Thanked 2,030 Times in 891 Posts
That method works for AndroidLock, but not the default lock provided by Apple.
  Reply With Quote

 
Old 09-28-2010, 03:45 PM   #9
junkiee24
Obsessive iPhone Disorder
 
junkiee24's Avatar
 
junkiee24 is offline
Join Date: Feb 2010
Device: iPad 2
iOS Version: 5.1
iTunes Version: iTunes 10
Carrier: T-Mobile
OS: Windows 7
Location: HI
Posts: 514
Thanks: 52
Thanked 35 Times in 30 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by karma_ View Post
That method works for AndroidLock, but not the default lock provided by Apple.
for andriod lock how would you disable it.. doesn't it ask you to input your pattern to disable it?

hmm i guess you can get into cydia and remove it. then reinstall it to wipe it clean.. right?
T-Mobile USA
iPad2 - 5.1
  Reply With Quote

 
Old 09-28-2010, 04:40 PM   #10
karma
Banned because I'm a TOOL!!!

 
karma is offline
Join Date: Jun 2010
Device: iPhone 4S
iOS Version: 5.1.1
iTunes Version: iTunes 10
Carrier: AT&T
OS: Other
Location: Orange County, NY
Posts: 3,078
Thanks: 954
Thanked 2,030 Times in 891 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by junkiee24 View Post
for andriod lock how would you disable it.. doesn't it ask you to input your pattern to disable it?

hmm i guess you can get into cydia and remove it. then reinstall it to wipe it clean.. right?
Yeah to bypass AndroidLock, all you do is call your phone from a different phone, answer the call and then press the home button. That will bring you right to the Springboard and you can do whatever you want after that. Not sure if they fixed it in the later versions of AndroidLock but I know you could do that before.
  Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off




All times are GMT -8. The time now is 02:31 AM.

Copyright 2009 - 2016 (SiNfulSS)- Shot Caller @ SiNfuL iPhone