follow this guide and there will be no 1604 error in itunes and jb will suceed on first try. see notes at bottom.
things you will need
mini usb 5 pin (samsung/blackberry charger works fine)
putty to ssh into appletv
winscp to stick files in appletv
icefilms leave as zip
ireb r4 for pwned dfu
echo "deb http: //atp.awkwardtv.org ./" > /etc/apt/sources.list.d/awkwardtv.list
apt-get install com.nito.nitoTV
echo "deb http://www.ambertation.de ./downloads/PLEX/" > /etc/apt/sources.list.d/plex.list
apt-get remove com.plex.client-plugin
apt-get install com.plex.client-plugin=0.0.9.0.0-312c11b0
now you have everything you need.
extract and open seasonpass
and click 'create ispw' and let it go through its paces. when it gets finished and tells you to set into dfu mode... plug in the usb with the the power cord unplugged
. give it a few seconds and you should have a blinking light. if you do not... then plug in the power cord until the light blinks and then unplug
. now hold menu and play for seven seconds and stick it into dfu. do not let it open itunes
click ok on seasonpass, unhook usb and close out seasonpass.
plug in usb (must have been unhooked from step one). if the light blinks constantly... then stick the appletv back into dfu mode and open ireb
if it doesnt... use the power cord trick to get the light blinking again. click the appletv box in ireb and let it put the appletv into pwned dfu mode. once the pop-up tells you ur done... do not click the ok button.
and give it a sec to find the appletv. do a shift+restore
(hold shift and click restore). it should open up the folder with the new ispw file. if it doesnt... look in >ur documents>seasonpass-win. it will be there. click on it and then click open. itunes will now restore your appletv.
you are now jailbroken with seasonpass
now for the fun stuff.
adding nito and plex
1. click through the startup and then go to settings in your appletv and go to about. find your ip address. it should be 192.168.1.???. now open putty
. type in ur ip address and click ok. then click yes to the popup.
2. username is root
3.password is alpine
4.line by line
copy and paste the code above for nito. say yes when prompted
5. now do the same for the plex code.
you now have nito and plex on your appletv. if you dont see it on ur appletv next to movies and tv shows... then type reboot
go into nito on your appletv and install software. arrow down to xbmc-atv2 and install it
you now have xbmc.
1. open winscp
2. type in ur ip address again and then the user/pw (root/alpine). click ok and yes to the popup
3. on the left side... find the repository zip file. drag it over to the right side(into appletv) and copy it. remember where it is. /private/var/mobile/ is where i stuck mine.
4. in xbmc... >system>settings>addons>install from zip>home folder. and find the repository zip and click on it. it should say in bottom rigth of screen 'anarchist enabled' or whatever.
5. now get out of xbmc by backing out to main menu and arrow down to the power button in bottom left. this will put you in the appltv main menu.
6. go back into xbmc. >video>addons>get more>icefilms and install.
you should now have icefilms.
you are set and ready to go now. anything else you might want to stick in your appletv... you will have the means to do so.
it took me a long time to get this to work. i kept getting 1604 (not in dfu properly) and 1602 (power cord plugged in) errors. i literally spent five hours trying to restore the appletv over and over again. i have three appletvs in the family. once i figured out the power cord trick (light doesnt always blink when i plug into usb) and used ireb... i was able to jb the 2nd and 3rd in a matter of minutes. it may not be necessary to use ireb, but i found that i am able to do it first try every time. seasonpass already created the ispw... so im able to bypass that step and just go straight into pwned dfu and get it done first try.
if you used this guide... consider hitting the thanx button.
happy new year.