THIS WILL VOID YOUR WARRANTY!!
Originally Posted by abc17031
that is how i fix most of the water damage phones. make sure the heat not too hot.
water+heat=evaporated. use the simple logic of nature. Just sharing my though.
First, you'll need to dismantle the iPhone. This is not for the faint of heart, as there are very fragile wire connectors that, if disconnected via breaking, means you'll need to replace your entire LCD, which is expensive.
This guide is not about how to dismantle your iPhone, so check these videos. Try not to laugh at the narrators awesome accent
iPhone 2G Disassemble
iPhone 3G Disassemble
iPhone 3GS Disassemble
iPhone 4G Disassemble
Once you have it all disconnected and in pieces, run to the cabinet or closest pharmacy and grab yourself some Isopropyl Alcohol.
DO NOT GET ETHYLENE ALCOHOL - IT WILL WRECK YOUR LCD SCREEN BEYOND REPAIR
Isopropyl alcohol is used to clean electronics while Ethyl Alcohol is used to dissolve certain PBC plastics and LCD screens, much like the screen on your iPhone, or Blackberry Storm devices.
Cant find Isopropyl alcohol? Unsure if what you have is Isopropyl or Ethyl? Go to your closest plumbing store (or hardware store) and get some silica sand. Still cant find silica or the correct alcohol? Go to the closest grocery store and get some uncooked raw white rice. Cant find rice, silica or Isopropyl? Where the hell are you? Mars?
You will also need a fiber free cloth such as microfiber, or fiber free cotton swabs, but I doubt you'll find those, as they are hard to find.
A word to the wise: Fixing by putting it near a fireplace or putting a heat gun over it, won't fix it. It will just cause further damage. The water may evaporate, and get into places which can't be fixed by any of the methods below, it can cause corrosion on the connections, which is very hard, if not impossible to fix, and can warp the LCD lens making your screen appear blurry all the time.
FIXING WITH ALCOHOL (Like many Friday nights..)
The area where you will do this needs to be clean. Don't do it in your dads work shop or garage, because dust is a mighty fine iPhone killer. Find a nice COLD area, like a bathroom, because Isopropyl alcohol evaporates fast at room temperature. I don't think I need to say, to wait a few hours after the last person who showered because of the moisture.
Dab the cloth in the alcohol, dabbing it along the circuitry board of the iPhone, hereby known as the logic board. Don't go in swipes or circles, because that can cause your cloth to tear, giving small fibers a chance to leave themselves behind. You don't want to use a lot of alcohol here, enough to make it appear wet, but not enough so as if you were to tilt the iPhone that it would drip off. Go over the entire phone surface, LCD screen and all. It is safe to use Isopropyl on LCD screens. Ethyl alcohol will dissolve the screen.
Bring the iPhone out to room temperature, and let it sit for about an hour or two. Don't attempt to speed things up with a blow dryer or by putting it in the sun, because that will just cause more problems. Plus the alcohol is highly flammable, and there is no quick fix for melted logic boards.
Reconnect everything once there is no visible signs of alcohol remaining, and see if the phone turns on. If it does not turn on, disassemble again and read on.
This and no other ways are the very best and most safest ways to get your idevice useable again.
Your suggestions might be good meant , but you dont't put your cat in the microwave for drying it.
Your suggestion makes for several reasons (and iam really sorry to say that ) Absolutely no sense ,Bogus.
The temperatures that are produces in a dryer can climb up to 90 c thats
194 degrees Fahrenheit the electronical components could take damage due overheat if you have wrapped it in extra clothe for protection.
are you out of your mind ? And i didnt talked about it yet that a dryer the way i know it has a rotary drum .If you put an idevice in there
it gets more then a usual shaking of the device .
Well do what you need to do . From my point of view is your way the most unwalkable way i can ever imagine .