You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    

Go Back   SiNfuL iPhone > News > Front Page Important News

Notices

Front Page Important News Important News that appears on the Front Page of the forum
Only Admin & Mods can post in here

Reply
 
Thread Tools

 
Old 09-17-2017, 02:43 PM   #41
thoryamaha919
iPenguins
 
thoryamaha919's Avatar
 
thoryamaha919 is offline
Join Date: Jun 2010
Device: iPhone 6+
iOS Version: 10.x
iTunes Version: iTunes 12
Carrier: AT&T
OS: macOS
Location: PA
Posts: 223
Thanks: 137
Thanked 69 Times in 49 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by fulsin View Post
if stopped by authorities(e.g. police, securities at airport, or international authorities) and they want to search what is on my phone, do I lose all rights? Can I say that they can't scan my face with my phone to access it? If I have a pin number those authorities wouldn't be able to get in but now it is a piece of cake.
Unlawful search and seizure of a device. That would be like them taking your finger and using Touch ID to unlock a phone.

If you are ever in a spot you can alway reboot the phone then your passcode would need to be entered.

Does require you to actively look at the device to engage the Face ID.

iPhone 7 Plus 10.1.1 Jailbroken
iPad Air 2 10.2 Jailbroken
  Reply With Quote

 
Old 09-19-2017, 05:38 AM   #42
satish
Jailbroken
 
satish is offline
Join Date: May 2012
Device: iPhone 4S
iOS Version: 5.0.1
iTunes Version: iTunes 10
Carrier: Verizon
OS: Windows 7
Location: Texas
Posts: 68
Thanks: 75
Thanked 10 Times in 8 Posts
Wow expensive
  Reply With Quote

 
Old 09-19-2017, 08:27 AM   #43
GadgetGurl
iPhoneaholic
 
GadgetGurl's Avatar
 
GadgetGurl is offline
Join Date: Sep 2010
Device: iPhone 6
iOS Version: 10.x
iTunes Version: iTunes 11
Carrier: AT&T
OS: Windows 7 64-bit
Location: Wa
Posts: 137
Thanks: 225
Thanked 34 Times in 23 Posts
I did the preorder for the 8 Plus, 256 go. I have a 6 128 now and the small screen size is the decider on updating. The price point is not a huge factor, did want the larger screen and memory. The wireless charging is a plus if I ever decide to shell out more $$ for that features accessories. I use my phone for field estimates at work and have partial reimbursement...still not venturing into the X territory though.
iPhone 6 white, 128 gb, 10.2 - Jailbroken
iPad 2 black, 64 GB, 6.1 - Jailbroken
IPad Air 2 white, 128 go, 10.2 - Jailbroken
Game Center Tag: Ms Vixxen
  Reply With Quote

 
Old 09-20-2017, 01:03 PM   #44
Heist
Moderator

 
Heist's Avatar
 
Heist is offline
Join Date: Dec 2010
Device: iPhone 5S
iOS Version: 9.x
iTunes Version: iTunes 12
Carrier: T-Mobile
OS: macOS
Location: America
Posts: 2,914
Thanks: 210
Thanked 1,248 Times in 639 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GadgetGurl View Post
I did the preorder for the 8 Plus, 256 go. I have a 6 128 now and the small screen size is the decider on updatin.
Interesting you say this. in my own casual observation I tend to find more women than men gravitate to the Plus variants considering the standard phone size too small.

Meanwhile most men will find the phablet size of the plus far too large.

I would say for every 10 Plus users that I know, at least 7 of them are female and 1 is gay (skew that however you will).

I wonder what the psychology is behind the difference in preference between the two sexes?
  Reply With Quote

 
Old 09-20-2017, 01:15 PM   #45
gbu
Obsessive iPhone Disorder
 
gbu is offline
Join Date: Dec 2012
Device: iPhone 6+
iOS Version: 8.1.x
iTunes Version: iTunes 12
Carrier: o2
OS: Windows 7 64-bit
Location: Drunkk
Posts: 484
Thanks: 48
Thanked 38 Times in 31 Posts
Well small hands always look better holding things it makes them look even bigger, so i tell my wife anyway lol
  Reply With Quote

 
Old 09-20-2017, 02:37 PM   #46
GadgetGurl
iPhoneaholic
 
GadgetGurl's Avatar
 
GadgetGurl is offline
Join Date: Sep 2010
Device: iPhone 6
iOS Version: 10.x
iTunes Version: iTunes 11
Carrier: AT&T
OS: Windows 7 64-bit
Location: Wa
Posts: 137
Thanks: 225
Thanked 34 Times in 23 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gbu View Post
Well small hands always look better holding things it makes them look even bigger, so i tell my wife anyway lol

Admittedly your post did make me chuckle...

On a serious note, in retrospect, I have to agree with your observation on the size preference difference between genders. I'm doing some asking around.

GG
iPhone 6 white, 128 gb, 10.2 - Jailbroken
iPad 2 black, 64 GB, 6.1 - Jailbroken
IPad Air 2 white, 128 go, 10.2 - Jailbroken
Game Center Tag: Ms Vixxen
  Reply With Quote

 
Old 09-20-2017, 04:29 PM   #47
Mr.x
Lifer -SuperMod

 
Mr.x's Avatar
 
Mr.x is offline
Join Date: Jun 2010
Device: iPhone 7+
iOS Version: 10.x
iTunes Version: iTunes 12
Carrier: Other
OS: Windows 7 64-bit
Location: Just over your Shoulder
Posts: 7,491
Thanks: 1,244
Thanked 5,692 Times in 2,286 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heist View Post
Interesting you say this. in my own casual observation I tend to find more women than men gravitate to the Plus variants considering the standard phone size too small.

Meanwhile most men will find the phablet size of the plus far too large.

I would say for every 10 Plus users that I know, at least 7 of them are female and 1 is gay (skew that however you will).

I wonder what the psychology is behind the difference in preference between the two sexes?
Men stick phone in pocket more then women. I can say I love the screen size of Plus but size of none plus better for pocket use. and that's why i love how the New "X " the phone they named after me. will be big screen smaller phone.
  Reply With Quote

 
Old 09-21-2017, 06:36 AM   #48
Heist
Moderator

 
Heist's Avatar
 
Heist is offline
Join Date: Dec 2010
Device: iPhone 5S
iOS Version: 9.x
iTunes Version: iTunes 12
Carrier: T-Mobile
OS: macOS
Location: America
Posts: 2,914
Thanks: 210
Thanked 1,248 Times in 639 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.x View Post
Men stick phone in pocket more then women. I can say I love the screen size of Plus but size of none plus better for pocket use. and that's why i love how the New "X " the phone they named after me. will be big screen smaller phone.
I agree. I see the X as the comfortable compromise between the footprint of the Plus and the Standard size. However, as crazy as it sounds, I'm not the biggest fan of >5" screen phones.

Privacy in public places for one reason. These huge screen phones make it so easy for people to snoop and cut their eyes over into your screen and read / look at whatever is up and with phones handing sensitive information and docs, even more sensitive than laptops in some cases, I find it bothersome.


I know there are privacy films you can attach to your screen, but I've yet to find one that doesn't have polarization problems when just a few degrees off center.
  Reply With Quote

 
Old 09-21-2017, 07:29 AM   #49
Mr.x
Lifer -SuperMod

 
Mr.x's Avatar
 
Mr.x is offline
Join Date: Jun 2010
Device: iPhone 7+
iOS Version: 10.x
iTunes Version: iTunes 12
Carrier: Other
OS: Windows 7 64-bit
Location: Just over your Shoulder
Posts: 7,491
Thanks: 1,244
Thanked 5,692 Times in 2,286 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heist View Post
I agree. I see the X as the comfortable compromise between the footprint of the Plus and the Standard size. However, as crazy as it sounds, I'm not the biggest fan of >5" screen phones.

Privacy in public places for one reason. These huge screen phones make it so easy for people to snoop and cut their eyes over into your screen and read / look at whatever is up and with phones handing sensitive information and docs, even more sensitive than laptops in some cases, I find it bothersome.


I know there are privacy films you can attach to your screen, but I've yet to find one that doesn't have polarization problems when just a few degrees off center.
Although out in public i have very few looking over my shoulder ever. So for me who cares. i think the new "X" is awesome size of screen and phone. I am going to get one regardless of the haters. I like what i like. i am not a Teenager on parents dime. I prefer to live in present and not past if i can afford to do so i sure will.
  Reply With Quote

 
Old 09-21-2017, 04:09 PM   #50
dimisxxx
Jailbroken
 
dimisxxx is offline
Join Date: Jan 2011
Device: iPhone 5
iOS Version: 6.1
iTunes Version: iTunes 11
Carrier: Other
OS: Windows 7
Location: finland
Posts: 39
Thanks: 15
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Thank goodness.....
  Reply With Quote

 
Old 09-21-2017, 09:40 PM   #51
Km1234
Jailbroken
 
Km1234's Avatar
 
Km1234 is offline
Join Date: Nov 2013
Device: iPhone 5S
iOS Version: 7.0.x
iTunes Version: iTunes 11
Carrier: AT&T
OS: Windows 7 64-bit
Location: California
Posts: 52
Thanks: 36
Thanked 7 Times in 7 Posts
I am annoyed with Apple because they are greedy.
---Fast charge ---spend extra
---Wireless charge ---spend extra
---Charge + headset ---spend extra

I havent seen drop test yet but I am guessing sturdy case will be a must. ---spend extra because normally I will just use a thin case n glass protector...10$ but now glass back will make it more fragile.

Why I want iphone 10?
Small size + big screen
better camera than 8

Not sure about face ID because how will I use my phone while driving? yeah I use my phone while driving, so what?

Not sure about that top bar

Rant about apple... Instead of Face ID, why don't they focus on shit we need like expandable memory slot or better water resistance.. what is so hard about near water proof now that they got wireless charge n no jack. how about make an Active iphone and whatver ip67 crap they always put out now.
  Reply With Quote

 nice
Old Today, 06:34 AM   #52
amm451981
Jailbroken
 
amm451981's Avatar
 
amm451981 is offline
Join Date: Nov 2009
Device: iPhone 4
iOS Version: 4.3
iTunes Version: iTunes 10
Carrier: AT&T
OS: Windows XP
Location: ahmedabad
Posts: 39
Thanks: 290
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
nice

nice
Amit M. Mamtora
  Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On




All times are GMT -8. The time now is 06:21 PM.

Copyright 2009 - 2017 (SiNfulSS)- Shot Caller @ SiNfuL iPhone