You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    

Go Back   SiNfuL iPhone > Device Specific > Older Devices > iPhone 3GS

Notices

iPhone 3GS iPhone 3GS Discussion | Help
NO JAILBREAKING QUESTIONS!

Video recording in HD on 3GS iphone with 4.3.2 finished
Old 04-21-2011, 10:40 PM   #1
hwafa
n00b

Device: iPhone 4
iOS Version: 4.3
iTunes Version: iTunes 10
Carrier: Other
Video recording in HD on 3GS iphone with 4.3.2 finished

I hope that members will find a solution to record video in HD on our 3GS with the new firmware 4.3.2

before I use this script(in mode SU type ./hdvideo.sh) with mobile Terminal, and works great with firmware 4.2.1.
4 choices of possible resolution and high or normal quality.

the deb file is here: hdvideo3gs.deb

PS:dont try to install on 4.3.2 there are two icons: phone and sms deleted on springboard

the script:

#!/bin/sh
## iMatte HDVideo Recording Enabler/Disabler Script v1.0 - Created by Pierre-André Leclair for the iMatte Theme.
## informatique conseils +

bold='\033[1m'
red='\E[31;40m'
green='\E[32;40m'
cyan='\E[36;40m'
normal='\033[0m'
underline='\033[4m'

choice=0
while [ $choice -ne 9 ]
do
clear
echo -e $cyan"Enable/Disable HD Video on 3G(S)\nby Pierre-André Leclair (www.informatiqueconseils.net)$normal\n\n"
echo -e "("$bold"1"$normal") - Enable HD Recording (1280x800)"
echo -e "("$bold"2"$normal") - Enable HD Recording (1280x800) Higher Bitrate"
echo -e "("$bold"3"$normal") - Enable HD Recording (1280x800) Lower Bitrate"
echo -e "("$bold"4"$normal") - Enable HD Recording (1280x768)"
echo -e "("$bold"5"$normal") - Enable HD Recording (1280x720)"
echo -e "("$bold"8"$normal") - Disable HD Recording\n"
echo -e "("$bold"9"$normal") - "$bold$underline"Quit$normal\n\n"
echo -en $bold"Select an option: $normal"
read choice
case $choice in

1)

cp "/var/mobile/Documents/hdvideo/N88AP.plist" "/System/Library/CoreServices/SpringBoard.app/N88AP.plist"
cp "/var/mobile/Documents/hdvideo/AVCapture-1280x800.plist" "/System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/Celestial.framework/N88/AVCapture.plist"
cp "/var/mobile/Documents/hdvideo/CameraRollValidator.plist" "/System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/Celestial.framework/N88/"
cp "/var/mobile/Documents/hdvideo/MediaValidator.plist" "/System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/Celestial.framework/N88/"
echo -e $green"Copied with succes. You will be recording in "$bold"HD (1280x800)$normal"$green" after respring!$normal"
sleep 2
;;

2)

cp "/var/mobile/Documents/hdvideo/N88AP.plist" "/System/Library/CoreServices/SpringBoard.app/N88AP.plist"
cp "/var/mobile/Documents/hdvideo/AVCapture-1280x800-High.plist" "/System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/Celestial.framework/N88/AVCapture.plist"
cp "/var/mobile/Documents/hdvideo/CameraRollValidator.plist" "/System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/Celestial.framework/N88/"
cp "/var/mobile/Documents/hdvideo/MediaValidator.plist" "/System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/Celestial.framework/N88/"
echo -e $green"Copied with succes. You will be recording in "$bold"HD (1280x800)$normal"$green" after respring!$normal"
sleep 2
;;

3)

cp "/var/mobile/Documents/hdvideo/AVCapture-1280x800-Low.plist" "/System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/Celestial.framework/N88/AVCapture.plist"
echo -e $green"Copied with succes. You will be recording in "$bold"HD (1280x768)$normal"$green" after respring!$normal"
sleep 2
;;

4)

cp "/var/mobile/Documents/hdvideo/AVCapture-1280x768.plist" "/System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/Celestial.framework/N88/AVCapture.plist"
echo -e $green"Copied with succes. You will be recording in "$bold"HD (1280x768)$normal"$green" after respring!$normal"
sleep 2
;;

5)
cp "/var/mobile/Documents/hdvideo/AVCapture-1280x720.plist" "/System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/Celestial.framework/N88/AVCapture.plist"
echo -e $green"Copied with succes. You will be recording in "$bold"HD (1280x720)$normal"$green" after respring!$normal"
sleep 2
;;

8)

cp "/var/mobile/Documents/hdvideo/bak/N88AP.plist" "/System/Library/CoreServices/SpringBoard.app/N88AP.plist"
cp "/var/mobile/Documents/hdvideo/bak/AVCapture.plist" "/System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/Celestial.framework/N88/"
cp "/var/mobile/Documents/hdvideo/bak/CameraRollValidator.plist" "/System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/Celestial.framework/N88/"
cp "/var/mobile/Documents/hdvideo/bak/MediaValidator.plist" "/System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/Celestial.framework/N88/"
echo -e $green"Copied with succes. You will be recording in "$bold"SD (640x480)$normal"$green" after respring!$normal"
sleep 2
;;

9) ;;

*)

clear
echo -e $red"Invalid Choice$normal"
sleep 1
clear;;
esac
done

echo -en $bold"\nWould you like to respring now? (y/n) $normal"
read choice2
if [ "$choice2" == "y" ]
then
clear
echo -e $green"Respringing...$normal"
respring
else
echo -e $red"Don't forget to respring to apply changes...$normal"
sleep 2
break
fi

Iphone 4 16G firmware 4.3.2 jb: redsn0w

Old 04-26-2011, 07:47 AM   #2
diomorgan
n00b

Device: iPod Touch 4
iOS Version: 4.2
Ouch, I past hours to understand why SMS and PHONE icons were missing and now I found that's because I enabled HD video and HDR on Winterboard! :-(
Thank you!

Old 04-28-2011, 03:25 PM   #3
aschaudf
Obsessive iPhone Disorder

iOS Version: 5.1.1
Carrier: T-Mobile
is this for 4.3.2?
Macbook Early 2008 - OSX Lion 10.7.4
iPhone 4 5.1.1 32GB T-Mobile Redsn0w ~ Current iPhone
iPhone 4 5.1.1 8GB Sprint Absinthe
iPhone 3GS 4.1 32GB T-Mobile PwnageTool
iPhone 3GS 5.1.1 32GB T-Mobile PwnageTool
iPod Touch 4g 5.1.1 32GB Absinthe ~ Current iPod
iPod Touch 2g MC 4.1 8GB GreenPois0n
iPod Touch 1g 3.1.3 16GB Pwnagetool
iPad 1g 5.1.1 16GB Absinthe ~ Current iPad

If I helped you in some way consider hitting the Thanks Button! If you need help and I do not reply via forum don't hesitate to PM.

Old 04-30-2011, 05:15 AM   #4
wakane
n00b

The title says that it's for 4.3.2. But the content says don't try on 4.3.2

So, is this for 4.3.2?

Old 05-01-2011, 06:25 AM   #5
Mclim
n00b

Device: iPhone 3GS
iOS Version: 4.1
iTunes Version: iTunes 9
I think it's impossible, 3gs's lens not a HD lens.

Old 05-06-2011, 06:58 AM   #6
Jekku
n00b

Device: iPhone 3GS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mclim View Post
I think it's impossible, 3gs's lens not a HD lens.
It's not the lens...
The lens only makes the sensor to "see" it's surroundings. It also affects the quality of the image the sensor captures.
There is no such thing as a HD lens. It's the sensor which enables the HD.

It's the hardware, and YES, the 3GS hardware is capable of 720p @30fps recording.
Even the iP4 is capable of 1080p@30fps recording.

The thing is that Apple has crippled the software to use only 640x480.

Old 05-06-2011, 07:03 AM   #7
GorgonSin
Obsessive iPhone Disorder

Device: iPhone 6+
iOS Version: 9.0
iTunes Version: iTunes 12
Carrier: AT&T
this looks very difficult

13" MacBook Pro Retina - Apple - OS X Yosemite - i5 8 gigs ram , 256GB SSD
iPhone6+ 64Gig - iOS 9.0.2 (Jailbroken)
iPad2 16Gig - iOS 9.0.2 (Jailbroken)

Old 05-11-2011, 05:46 AM   #8
Buckaroo
Jailbroken

Device: iPhone 4S
iOS Version: 6.1.2
Carrier: T-Mobile
There is a link to enable HD recording on 3GS running several different firmwares at this link (scroll down to find different firmwares 3.x, 4.0.1, 4.2.1, AND 4.3.2): HD video on iPhone 3GS [4.2] // mikes digital anthology

I was happy running 4.2.1 on BB 5.13.04 with T-mobile for one month. Suddenly, my cellular network quit working, so I only lived on Wifi for a week and half. Just a few days ago I gave up and upgraded to 4.3.3, in order to get my phone calls working again. As a result, I lost HD video among other things. There are several of us running 4.3.3 and wanting a tweak to enable HD video on 3GS. Anybody able to do the task?

Old 07-01-2011, 07:56 PM   #9
Menneisyys
n00b

Please see iphonelife.com/blog/87/new-vastly-enhanced-iphone-3g-s-video-recorder-enhancer-released-source-code for a completely and fully working(!) Cydia version compatible with both 4.3.x and iOS versions prior to 4.3.

The dedicated articles (there’re a lot of them in my blog at iphonelife.com/werner.ruotsalainen ) also explain a LOT of hacks and other goodies I’ve implemented / found out not available anywhere else.

Old 07-01-2011, 07:58 PM   #10
undefinednerd
Part Time Hooker

Device: iPhone 4S
iOS Version: 5.1.1
Carrier: AT&T
It just me or did anyone else's eyes start to cross when reading all that?
One Day Three Autumns
iMessage- AoKiddo@yahoo.com

Old 07-02-2011, 12:42 AM   #11
Menneisyys
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by undefinednerd View Post
It just me or did anyone else's eyes start to cross when reading all that?
If you meant my article, a large portion of it is meant for programmers / hackers. For other people, the first section (Cydia source name) is sufficient to get started.

Old 07-02-2011, 03:07 PM   #12
Menneisyys
n00b

I’ve played a lot with hacks and have written a Cydia app for both iPhone 3GS (all 4.x versions – yes, 4.3.x too!) and iPhone 4. Posted a full summary on all these to howardforums.com/showthread.php/1723145-iPhone-3G-S-4-HD-video-camera-enhancers-released-(full-source-code!) . (Sorry, non-clickable link, you’ll need to copy/paste – I’d like to receive feedback ASAP and, consequently, don’t want to wait for the moderation.)

Old 07-05-2011, 05:10 PM   #13
Menneisyys
n00b

New version, with vastly enhanced backup / restore capabilities, released to Cydia (of the iPhone 4 version too). I've elaborated very thoroughly on the backup / restore algorithm. I also present some information on minimizing "clicking" using my live view-less 4.3.x Full Sensor mode by using 1.75 Mbps data rate.

Please see iphonelife.com/blog/87/ios-programming-making-backup-copies-system-files-and-restoring-them-iphone-3gs-4-video-came for the article. Feedback welcome!

Old 07-08-2011, 02:54 PM   #14
Menneisyys
n00b

I've uploaded new iPhone 4 / 3GS-specific app versions (1.5 / 1.7, respectively) in Cydia. The major change is that I've moved permission setting in an install-time script (and the docs directory removal into uninstall-time one). Now, it doesn't require the root password to be “alpine” as these scripts are run as “root”, not as “mobile” (the restricted user Cydia apps are run). With uninstall-time directory deletion, I've also eliminated the need to manually tap the “Restore Original Configuration” button before uninstallation to remove the docs directory.

Please see iphonelife.com/blog/87/other-tips-programming-cydia-or-just-system-hacks-new-iphone-3gs4-video-camera-enhancer-tool for more info (warning: highly technical info, mostly for programmers or hackers!)

NOTE: the article has TONS of Cydia-related hacks and tips!