You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    

Go Back   SiNfuL iPhone > Discussion | Help > How-To: Guides / Tutorials > Jailbreaking > Check Here First!

Notices

Check Here First! Tools & Info that apply to all devices & firmwares.

Upgrade iDevice to 11.1.2 Tutorial
Old 01-25-2018, 10:20 PM   #1
bimmerme
Obsessive iPhone Disorder

Device: iPhone 6S +
iOS Version: 10.x
iTunes Version: iTunes 12
Carrier: T-Mobile
Upgrade iDevice to 11.1.2 Tutorial

How to upgrade from 9.3.3 to 11.1.2 with blobs (this tutorial is valid ONLY while Apple is signing iOS 11.x.x, not forever)

This is a write up on steps I took to upgrade my 2 iPhone 6+ and an iPad Air Wifi from jailbroken 9.3.3 to 11.1.2.
This guide is compiled by me, I take no credit in any step of the process, it’s knowledge I’ve gathered while I was reading on how to upgrade my iDevices. Don’t know whom credits are due, they are not due to me.
(I'm not a very good writer, considering that English is my second language, third to be exact, this tutorial may be missing things, feel free to suggest or, mods - edit it)

Prerequisites:
1. I’m not sure if this will work from any iOS version 9, I made it happen from 9.3.3 to 11.1.2. I suppose it’s the same process and it should work on any iOS 9.x.x. It all comes down to setting your nonce properly, I think
2. You MUST have saved blobs for iOS 11.1.2 (or whatever iOS version 11.x.x you want to upgrade to)
3. You need a Mac running MacOS X (or virtual machine). I used my MacBook Pro running macOSX Sierra. I’ve read that virtual machine would work too.
4. Your iDevice you’re upgrading must be jailbroken. To jailbreak, I used https://jbme.qwertyoruiop.com/ to be safe. Luca's jailbreak enables tfp0, and you must have that in order to proceed. If you use say Pangu on older iOS 9, you'd need to use cl0ver, check this link.

Here’s the guide (omit all ‘’ for Terminal commands):
1. Download and unzip futurerestore_mac for iOS 11 from here
2. Download and unzip nonceEnabler from here
3. Download IPSW v11.1.2 from ipsw.me for your iDevice
4. Put all downloaded files in a new folder on your Desktop
5. If you have not installed OpenSSH from Cydia, do it now
6. Download your shsh2 file to the same download folder and rename it to blob.shsh2 for simplicity
7. Make a copy of the shsh2 file and change it’s extension to .plist
8. Open it with .plist editor, I used BBEdit
9. Search for ‘generator’
10. Next line below has your nonce, starting with 0x (between '' and ''). Leave that file open for now.
11. Open Terminal on your Mac and ssh to your iDevice. If you don’t know it’s IP address, go to Settings, Wi-Fi and click on the “i” of your Wi-Fi connection, this will tell you your iDevice’s IP
12. Type in terminal ‘ssh root@IP_ADDRESS’ (IP_ADDRESS is your iDevice IP address), hit ENTER and type in your root password (default is alpine but you should have changed it right after you jailbroke first time Remember, type commands without ' '
13. Open a second Terminal window by clicking on Shell->New Window->Basic
14. cd to the folder you copied nonceEnabler and the other downloads to on your Mac, type 'cd' and drag the download folder to Terminal (if easier for you)
15. Type ‘scp nonceEnabler root@IP_ADDRESS:’ , where IP_ADDRESS is your iDevice’s IP address. Do not forget the colon at the end of the command. Enter root password if prompted. This should copy nonceEnabler to your iDevice.
16. Now go back to Terminal window that you SSH’ed to your iDevice and type ‘chmod +x nonceEnabler’, hit ENTER then type ‘./nonceEnabler’ and hit ENTER
17. At the end of the command output you must see something like this line:
"[*] done patching"
18. Type ‘nvram com.apple.system.boot-nonce=YOUR_NONCE’, replace YOUR_NONCE with the one from the opened .plist blob file from step 10
19. Type nvram -p and hit ENTER
20. The result should contain a line similar to this: “com.apple.System.boot-nonce 0x****************”, matching the same NONCE you got from your blob file from step 10
21. Type 'nvram auto-boot=false', this will prepare your iDevice for restore. If you reboot it after this command, it will enter recovery mode, so be careful. If you change your mind and want to go back to normal, just type ‘nvram auto-boot=true’
22. Type ‘nvram -p’ and you should now be able to see your NONCE and the flag you just set to ‘false’
23. Type ‘reboot’ and see your Mac losing connection to your iDevice and it entering recovery mode.
24. Go back to the other Terminal window
25. Type ‘./futurerestore_macos -t blob.shsh2 —latest-baseband —latest-sep IPSW_FIRMWARE.ipsw’, where blob.shsh2 is your blob file for iOS 11.1.2 from step 6, and IPSW_FIRMWARE.ipsw is IPSW downloaded from ipsw.me for the firmware you’re restoring to (in this case the latest jailbreakable iOS 11.1.2)
In my case the exact command looks like this: ‘./futurerestore_macos -t blob.shsh2 --latest-sep --latest-baseband iPhone_5.5_11.1.2_15B202_Restore.ipsw’ for my iPhone 6+. Use option —no-baseband if you’re running this on iPad Wi-Fi, or any other iDevice that has no baseband
26. Hit ENTER and wait about 4-5 minutes and command should end with a line like this:
Done: restoring succeeded.

NOTES:
Here’s some of the tutorials I used:
1. https://yalujailbreak.net/futurerestore-ios-11/
2. Prometheus Guide Part 1: How to set a nonce with nonceEnabler
3. Prometheus Guide Part 2: How to use futurerestore to restore to unsigned firmwares

The second and third links are from the old version of futurerestore and should be read carefully before applied.

Errors that I’ve encountered:
The worst error I’ve encountered is getting this message on one of my 6+:
[Error] Devicenonce does not match APTicket nonce
[Error] maybe you forgot -w ?

Of course, re-running futurerestore with option -w as suggested did not do any good. nvram command was showing nonce had been set properly, but futurerestore couldn’t match it to the blob. What I ended up doing is I installed julioverne’s NonceSet available on Cydia. This little gem did work in that particular stubborn iPhone, but did not work on my other phones, where nvram command was sufficient and NonceSet not needed actually. What I mean, you need to find the working solution to properly set your nonce. So, if you’re 100% sure you’ve set your nonce properly, but futurerestore ends with error that APTicket was not a match try NonceSet.
If you’re on iOS 10.x.x upgrading to 11.x.x, I’ve read that V0rtexNonce is the tool to set your nonce. Google it for download link.
In case you get stuck in recovery mode, you could exit easily with proper tools, I used ReiBoot. It did the job 100% and very quickly.

Other helpful notes:
Best way to jailbreak using Luca’s website was when I had lightning cable unplugged (for whatever reason). You must have it plugged in order to run futurerestore obviously.
Also, you may need to keep closing iTunes because when it detects the iDevice in recovery mode, it will keep popping up and bugging you to update your iDevice.
You may or may not have to do these, they may not be technically correct, but helped me in the process (or so I think).

Last edited by bimmerme; 01-27-2018 at 11:50 AM.
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to bimmerme For This Useful Post:
ddub420 (01-29-2018), DR. KillShot (01-29-2018), firstcherokeekid (01-26-2018), hstar76 (02-25-2018), kinghuff (02-04-2018), Mr.x (01-26-2018), Radeon30 (01-26-2018), ramafikli (05-28-2018), WilYawn (01-29-2018)

Old 01-26-2018, 09:55 AM   #2
Heist

Device: iPhone 5S
iOS Version: 9.x
Thanked 1,437 Times in 705 Posts
Well written instructional.
May I add one thing. You forgot to add the most important step of all.
How to save blobs (At least how to do it before the signing window closes on a o/s)

Old 01-26-2018, 02:06 PM   #3
bimmerme

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heist View Post
Well written instructional.
May I add one thing. You forgot to add the most important step of all.
How to save blobs (At least how to do it before the signing window closes on a o/s)
Yes, sure, feel free to add it. I assumed if anyone has gotten to this point to upgrade to 11.1.2, which is not signed any longer, they already had their blobs saved when Apple was signing it.

Old 01-29-2018, 02:03 PM   #4
ddub420

iOS Version: 11.x
Carrier: Other
Thanked 2,929 Times in 928 Posts
good write up

---------- EDIT ----------

Some things to note.

Code:
./futurerestore_macos -t blob.shsh2 --latest-sep --latest-baseband iPhone_5.5_11.1.2_15B202_Restore.ipsw
--latest-sep --latest-baseband will work only untill the current SEP (secure enclave processor) is compatible and still signing. Once the SEP is incompatible (iOS 12 probably, not 100%), using this command will cause a restore error forcing you to update to latest iOS version.

instead of downloading ReiBoot...
Encounters fork of future restore has ReiBoot built in
All you need to do is run this command if you need out of recovery mode

Windows:
Code:
futurerestore.exe --exit-recovery
macOS:
Code:
./futurerestore --exit-recovery

Old 01-29-2018, 08:00 PM   #5
DR. KillShot
iPhoneaholic

Device: iPad
iOS Version: 3.1.3
iTunes Version: iTunes 10
Carrier: AT&T
thanks for the information
PAGING DR. KILLSHOT... PAGING DR. KILLSHOT HOLD ON I GOT HIM RIGHT IN MY SIGHT

Old 01-29-2018, 11:04 PM   #6
bimmerme

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddub420 View Post
good write up

---------- EDIT ----------

Some things to note.

Code:
./futurerestore_macos -t blob.shsh2 --latest-sep --latest-baseband iPhone_5.5_11.1.2_15B202_Restore.ipsw
--latest-sep --latest-baseband will work only untill the current SEP (secure enclave processor) is compatible and still signing. Once the SEP is incompatible (iOS 12 probably, not 100%), using this command will cause a restore error forcing you to update to latest iOS version.

instead of downloading ReiBoot...
Encounters fork of future restore has ReiBoot built in
All you need to do is run this command if you need out of recovery mode

Windows:
Code:
futurerestore.exe --exit-recovery
macOS:
Code:
./futurerestore --exit-recovery

Thanks for clarification.
As of now, iOS 11.3 beta SEP is compatible, so we're still safe. But be on the lookout because Apple can change this in an instant.
If anyone has their mind set to upgrade to iOS 11.1.2, now is a good time.

Old 04-17-2018, 06:08 AM   #7
memoonlinenet6
n00b

Device: Other
iOS Version: 7.0
iTunes Version: iTunes 11
Carrier: Vodafone
Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmerme View Post
How to upgrade from 9.3.3 to 11.1.2 with blobs (this tutorial is valid ONLY while Apple is signing iOS 11.x.x, not forever)
You MUST have saved blobs for iOS 11.1.2 (or whatever iOS version 11.x.x you want to upgrade to)
hello
thanks for the guide nut i have 2 questions
first
is this still possible as of now
second
how to be having 11.1.2 biobs if iam on 9.3.3 and dont upgrade to 11.x.x
i need to understand this point as it is so confusing to me
thanks in advance

Old 04-17-2018, 09:43 AM   #8
Carboncopy
I Changed This

Device: iPhone 6S
iOS Version: 9.x
Carrier: AT&T
Quote:
Originally Posted by memoonlinenet6 View Post
hello
thanks for the guide nut i have 2 questions
first
is this still possible as of now
second
how to be having 11.1.2 biobs if iam on 9.3.3 and dont upgrade to 11.x.x
i need to understand this point as it is so confusing to me
thanks in advance
No. Only when iOS 11.1.2 was being as per the instructions.

Old 04-17-2018, 11:47 PM   #9
memoonlinenet6
n00b

Device: Other
iOS Version: 7.0
iTunes Version: iTunes 11
Carrier: Vodafone
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carboncopy View Post
No. Only when iOS 11.1.2 was being as per the instructions.
Thanks
But if that was only valid when apple was sining ios 11.1.2 why do ineed blobs for
prometheus exploit was for downgrade ios even if apple stop signing it with the help of blobs
So now this instruction cant be used

Old 09-02-2018, 10:56 PM   #10
Carly Swinson
Carly

Device: iPhone X
iOS Version: 11.x
Carrier: Other
Wow, great tips. they really work. Thanks bimmerme.