You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    

Go Back   SiNfuL iPhone > Jailbreaking | Unlocking | Activating > Jailbreaking

Notices

Jailbreaking Jailbreaking Discussion

Reply
Thread Tools

 Help? iTunes Sticks At "Verifying iPhone Restore With Apple"
Unread 07-05-2012, 02:17 PM   #1
zGg
Obsessive iPhone Disorder
 
zGg's Avatar
 
zGg is offline
Join Date: Apr 2011
Device: iPhone 4
iOS Version: 6.1.3
iTunes Version: iTunes 11
Carrier: Verizon
OS: Windows 7 x64
Location: P.A.
Posts: 837
Thanks: 53
Thanked 292 Times in 178 Posts
Help? iTunes Sticks At "Verifying iPhone Restore With Apple"

Hello.

I'm totally out of options here. Hopefully someone can help me.

When I try to restore my iPhone, I cannot get passed "Verifying iPhone Restore with Apple".

It always gets stuck there.

This happens even with custom iPSW's. Like a Sn0wbreeze one for example. And yes...I know very well that I need to enter PWNED DFU mode before restoring to any custom iPSW.

This is very strange, because what any custom iPSW does is prevent iTunea from verifying the restore with Apple...but on my lap top it doesn't work...it tries to contact Apple's servers anyway. I cannot figure out why.

What I have done:
Disabled all firewalls...from the built in Windows Firewall to the Avast! Any-Virus firewall.

Please do not tell me it is Apple's servers being overloaded....that is not the case. If it was...then iTunes would get stuck on verifying my my other laptop.

I can restore fine on my other laptop.

When I restore to stock firmware, it verifies with Apple, then the restores goes through fine.

If I restore to a castor iPSW....the restores works fine, skipping the verification with Apple's servers as usual.

However....on my main laptop....I cannot restore to any iPSW...no matter what.

Well I can restore to a custom redan0w iPSW that is stitched with blobs...in which puts my device in a recovery loop...which I definitely cannot let fly. So the whole redsn0w iPSWs are not an option. (yes I am aware of the Recovery Fix...the way I look at it..if it gets put in a recover loop..then that shouldn't happen...so restore until it doesn't. I don't settle for having to apply a recovery fix to use my phone).

But:

No matter what I do ony main computer, iTunes *always* tries to verify the restore with Apple...even if I use a custom iPSW.

I cannot win.

And no...I have never modified my host file. I have never did anything with Tiny Umbrella. It is not set to point to the alternative server.

So in short:
My one laptop can restore fine to stock or custom iPSWs...skipping verification when using a custom iPSW.

My main laptop...no matter what I try to restore to, whether it be custom or stock...gets stuck trying to verify the restore with Apple.

Why the hell would it even be contacting Apple's servers when I'm restoring to a custom iPSW like a Sn0wbreeze one.

I know it's not a firewall problem... And it's not a server overload on Apple's part...if it was...then restores would not work on the other laptop either.

Anyone have any ideas why iTunes always gets stuck at verifying restoring with Apple...and why it even tried to verify the restore with Apple when im tring to use a *any* custom iPSW?

Any help would be greatly apprecated.

Best regards,
-ZG.
~~~~~iPhone 4 (CDMA)_iOS 6.1.3_p0sixspwn 1.0.7~~iPad 2_iOS 7.0.4_evasi0n 7 1.0.2~~~~~
Compaq Laptop, Windows 7
  Reply With Quote

 
Unread 07-05-2012, 04:37 PM   #2
l8ter
Ex S-Mod
 
l8ter is offline
Join Date: Sep 2009
Device: Other
iOS Version: 5.1.1
iTunes Version: iTunes 10
Carrier: o2
OS: Windows 7
Location: -------------------------
Posts: 4,475
Thanks: 1,793
Thanked 3,515 Times in 1,574 Posts
Dude you have 777 posts on your clock , and you didn't understood it yet that if you pick the moderated mode your post is only visible to the staff .Until we approve it ?

NO FUCKING one can see the content or the post itself .

What makes you picking the moderated mode ? What do you think is this mode for ?

Iam drunk right now and that's why iam pissed off too .

When i had the half ammount of posts as you got i understood this already.

But hey you top it by thinking that if you post in the tutorial section ( NO NOT WE GUIDE YOU TO LOOSE THE PROBLEM , THIS SECTION IS FOR SHOWING PEOPLE HOW TO DO A CERTAIN THING SUCCESFULLY)

Yes , yes i know loose the attitude .Asshole moderator Nr. 1 here . I hope this keeps in your mind what a bad day you give me if you do stuff like this here.

Anyways.

Well i dunno i read you did a lot already but not to erease the content of your idevice before you can sync a stock firmware again.

Like i said iam drunk got some attitude and that's all that i have in my mind about your issue.

Perhaps you missed to notice it that youve done that already .Well maybe someone else got a clue .

And if you would not have used the moderated mode you would have more answers already. Please guys if you dunno what you do , back off and make a simple standart post like everyone else does it too .



Last edited by l8ter; 07-05-2012 at 04:44 PM.
  Reply With Quote

 
Unread 07-05-2012, 07:08 PM   #3
zGg
Obsessive iPhone Disorder
 
zGg's Avatar
 
zGg is offline
Join Date: Apr 2011
Device: iPhone 4
iOS Version: 6.1.3
iTunes Version: iTunes 11
Carrier: Verizon
OS: Windows 7 x64
Location: P.A.
Posts: 837
Thanks: 53
Thanked 292 Times in 178 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by l8ter View Post
Dude you have 777 posts on your clock , and you didn't understood it yet that if you pick the moderated mode your post is only visible to the staff .Until we approve it ?

NO FUCKING one can see the content or the post itself .

What makes you picking the moderated mode ? What do you think is this mode for ?

Iam drunk right now and that's why iam pissed off too .

When i had the half ammount of posts as you got i understood this already.

But hey you top it by thinking that if you post in the tutorial section ( NO NOT WE GUIDE YOU TO LOOSE THE PROBLEM , THIS SECTION IS FOR SHOWING PEOPLE HOW TO DO A CERTAIN THING SUCCESFULLY)

Yes , yes i know loose the attitude .Asshole moderator Nr. 1 here . I hope this keeps in your mind what a bad day you give me if you do stuff like this here.

Anyways.

Well i dunno i read you did a lot already but not to erease the content of your idevice before you can sync a stock firmware again.

Like i said iam drunk got some attitude and that's all that i have in my mind about your issue.

Perhaps you missed to notice it that youve done that already .Well maybe someone else got a clue .

And if you would not have used the moderated mode you would have more answers already. Please guys if you dunno what you do , back off and make a simple standart post like everyone else does it too .

Okay...

First off.

I didnt do this on my computer.
I had to do it on my phone because of no Internet.

Second...I have no idea what you are talking about when you say "Modertaor Mode".

I use the Sinfuliphone app that you download and install with Installous.

With the app...I went to a section*specifically* called the "Tutorial/*Help* Section. FYI.

The only reason there would be anything wrong with my post,like it being in the wrong section or be in this so called "Moderator Mode" would be because of the Sinful iPhone app that you insall with Installous.

With that being said...I am deleting that app from my phone, and never using it again.

Rite now I am using Safari..,,which you may or may jot know....posting on the sinful site with Safari is extremely buggy, so if there are typos....then no...it's not because I don't know how to spell, or I am retarded...ita because I'm forced ti post on 3.4" screen with an extremely slow keyboard.

The keyboard is only really slow and buggy when posting on sinful tho.

But looks like I learned my lesson.

YOU CANNOT PROPERLY CREATE A POST IN SINFUL UNLESS YOU DO SO ON YOUR DESKTOP.

Lesson learned.
Hopefully I e of the mods will be kind enough to tell me how to gt tuis post out of "moderator mode"..or can at least do I themselves.


As i said...all I did was open the sinful app, tap on the tutorial/help sextion, and postedy problem.
God I fuckinhate having to do all this shit onmy phone.
~~~~~iPhone 4 (CDMA)_iOS 6.1.3_p0sixspwn 1.0.7~~iPad 2_iOS 7.0.4_evasi0n 7 1.0.2~~~~~
Compaq Laptop, Windows 7
  Reply With Quote

 
Unread 07-05-2012, 07:56 PM   #4
Wirerat
Obsessive iPhone Disorder
 
Wirerat's Avatar
 
Wirerat is offline
Join Date: Aug 2011
Device: iPad 2
iOS Version: 6.0.2
iTunes Version: iTunes 10
Carrier: AT&T
OS: Windows 7 x64
Location: Kicking a dead horse
Posts: 570
Thanks: 137
Thanked 232 Times in 126 Posts
Make sure your firewall settings are allowing iTunes. Also that damn tinyumbrella might have you pointed at the wrong servers.
I would try a different computer completely if you cannot resolve. Good luck!!
  Reply With Quote

 
Unread 07-05-2012, 11:37 PM   #5
Fight9
Obsessive iPhone Disorder
 
Fight9's Avatar
 
Fight9 is offline
Join Date: Mar 2011
Device: iPad 3
iOS Version: 5.1.1
iTunes Version: iTunes 10
Carrier: AT&T
OS: Mac OS X
Location: KY
Posts: 2,107
Thanks: 618
Thanked 1,843 Times in 769 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by zGg View Post
Okay...

First off.

I didnt do this on my computer.
I had to do it on my phone because of no Internet.
Maybe that's your problem. It can't check with iTunes if you don't have any Internet.
Hit the THANKS button if I have helped you!

  Reply With Quote

 
Unread 07-06-2012, 07:27 AM   #6
l8ter
Ex S-Mod
 
l8ter is offline
Join Date: Sep 2009
Device: Other
iOS Version: 5.1.1
iTunes Version: iTunes 10
Carrier: o2
OS: Windows 7
Location: -------------------------
Posts: 4,475
Thanks: 1,793
Thanked 3,515 Times in 1,574 Posts
A deep breath and back into the crowd.

Well if you make a post in the Tutorial section,
( there where you made the OP until i moved it to the apropriate section because i was an drunk ass motherfucking moderator that time) this post is need to be approved by a staff member. And lucky for you it was me .Usually non tut's become deleted.

Ok my bad too , you didn't selected to make a moderated post.This was because of the section you posted in.

Iam sorry buut i was drunk ,no excuse but it explains a lot.

ZiGy i have absolutely no idea if the idevice that your internet provides could be the reason for your issues.It is obviously a network connection issue.My only idea is to make another attempt with a usual internet connection from a buddy or so .

You have done a lot already so i doubt that the pc or the idevice is the issue here , the only unusual in your describtion is that you use the Phone as internet source.

I hope i got this all correct. If not describe it again please. Sorry if ..


  Reply With Quote

 
Unread 07-06-2012, 08:35 AM   #7
zGg
Obsessive iPhone Disorder
 
zGg's Avatar
 
zGg is offline
Join Date: Apr 2011
Device: iPhone 4
iOS Version: 6.1.3
iTunes Version: iTunes 11
Carrier: Verizon
OS: Windows 7 x64
Location: P.A.
Posts: 837
Thanks: 53
Thanked 292 Times in 178 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fight9 View Post
Maybe that's your problem. It can't check with iTunes if you don't have any Internet.
No.

Definitely not.

I don't try this unless I go somewhere with wifi.

I have been playing with iPhones long enough to know that I need to he connected to the Internet to restore. Seriously? I really sound that dumb?lol...I need to stop posting from my phone I guess.lol

I knew I would all these same replies.

*pleas re-read my post so you *know* that iTunes is not getting stuck because its not connected to the Internet(because I AM connected to the Internet). ...it is NOT my firewalls..and it is is NOT Tiny Umbrella. I HAVE *CONFIRMED THIS*.

That means its *something else* besides those 3 things....obviously.

---------- EDIT ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by l8ter View Post
A deep breath and back into the crowd.

Well if you make a post in the Tutorial section,
( there where you made the OP until i moved it to the apropriate section because i was an drunk ass motherfucking moderator that time) this post is need to be approved by a staff member. And lucky for you it was me .Usually non tut's become deleted.

Ok my bad too , you didn't selected to make a moderated post.This was because of the section you posted in.

Iam sorry buut i was drunk ,no excuse but it explains a lot.

ZiGy i have absolutely no idea if the idevice that your internet provides could be the reason for your issues.It is obviously a network connection issue.My only idea is to make another attempt with a usual internet connection from a buddy or so .

You have done a lot already so i doubt that the pc or the idevice is the issue here , the only unusual in your describtion is that you use the Phone as internet source.

I hope i got this all correct. If not describe it again please. Sorry if ..
Thanks..
I'm starting to think my computer is fucked.

U think I'm going to uninstall iTunes and reinstall...since I have tries prettying everything and nothing is working.

Perhaps a corrupted file in iTunes th is neede to connect to Apple's servers...which I still wouldn't fully understand since it even tried ti co text servers when trying ti restore to a Sn0wbreeze iPSW.

Should I find a fix before reinstalling iTunes or restoring my entire computer....I will be sure to post back.

Thanks L8er
~~~~~iPhone 4 (CDMA)_iOS 6.1.3_p0sixspwn 1.0.7~~iPad 2_iOS 7.0.4_evasi0n 7 1.0.2~~~~~
Compaq Laptop, Windows 7
  Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On




All times are GMT -7. The time now is 03:54 PM.

Copyright 2009 (SiNfulSS)- Shot Caller @ SiNfuL iPhone