I never tried this on beta 9. I only tried it with redsn0w beta 8 using an iPod touch 4G on iOS 5.0.1. The results may differ on 5.0. It probably doesn't matter what firmware or device. Try it anyways. You have no other options left. You could try the first method with beta 9. It might work.
Have you ever gotten that message when you boot tethered? You think that you screwed your device up and have to restore? Well, you did. JK This is how to fix that. You WILL be surprised by the answer to this.
Follow this 1 step:
1. At the last step when it says keep holding your home button for 15 seconds keep on holding it. Don't let go of the home button.
If that doesn't work then try this way:
1. Boot tethered without pointing to the 5.0 firmware.
2. Point to 5.0.1 and boot tethered again.
3. Point back to 5.0 and boot tethered again.
4. Don't let go of the home button when you get to that 15 seconds step.
That pineapple should pop up. When it does you could let go of the home button.
There was more to this part, but I forgot. I wonder what else I did.
Not working? Turn your device off and try again. Ignore the first 3 seconds of the first step. Just hold home + power for 10 second and let go of the power button without letting go of the home button. If it still doesn't work then do that 3 seconds when your device is off.
Still not working? IDK Just spam boot tethered until it works.
It worked for me. It might work for some or not.
Last edited by TakeshiHero1; 12-19-2011 at 10:33 PM.