You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    

Go Back   SiNfuL iPhone > Jailbreaking | Unlocking | Activating > Jailbreaking

Notices

Jailbreaking Jailbreaking Discussion

can't enter DFU while connected to PC (FIXED) & TU does not detect my iPod touch (NOT FIXED)
Unread 12-30-2011, 09:57 AM   #1
hero3210
!!!

Device: iPod Touch 3
iOS Version: 5.0.1
iTunes Version: iTunes 10
Carrier: Other
Icon4 can't enter DFU while connected to PC (FIXED) & TU does not detect my iPod touch (NOT FIXED)

Hi

my iPod touch 3 was on IOS 4.3.0 & was using fake 4.3.3 from cydia

I wanted to update it to IOS 5.0.1 but iTunes always seems to have a problem (maybe because the firmware that appeared was 4.3.3)
I tried using TinyUmbrella but it won't detect my iPod touch nor any other idevices (I tried with two iPhone 4 devices) although I can run the TSS server.

I sent my 5.0.1 SHSH to my computer using iSHSH then I used that SHSH in TU but it won't work.

I tried entering DFU mode but my iPod touch won't enter DFU mode while it's connected to my PC but it will enter it easily when it is not connected.

I made a backup in iTunes & erased everything in my iPod touch & tried entering DFU while connected to my laptop but it won't enter it.
then I tried updating my IOS using another computer & it worked. I was able to enter DFU mode while connected to that computer.

Now my iPod touch is running IOS 5.0.1 & it cannot enter DFU mode again neither with my PC connected nor with the other one connected, but can enter it when nothing is connected.

I want to enter DFU mode in order to be able to jailbreak my iPod touch.

BTW, in the other laptop TU was able to detect my iPod touch & my SHSHs.
(I'm not sure if this has anything to do with my problem but maybe a month ago iFunBox was not able to detect my iPod touch then an update came for iFunBox & after updating it, it was able to detect my iPod touch)

I have two problems I guess

1- TinyUmbrella cannot detect my iPod touch 3 (the problem is from my pc)
2- My iPod touch cannot enter DFU mode while it is connected to a computer.

I tried entering DFU mode using this method but error 11 would appear in iTunes.

if possible, please tell me what pc programs conflict with iTunes or any of its functions.

Any help would be appreciated & thanks in advance.

Last edited by hero3210; 01-01-2012 at 05:06 AM. Reason: adding (fixed) & (not fixed) to the title

Unread 12-31-2011, 02:11 AM   #2
hero3210
!!!

update: today I tried entering DFU mode while the iPod touch is connected to my PC,
I tried many times untill I got bored and started pressing & holding buttons randomly.. the screen was blank (as if it was in DFU mode) but when I tried jailbreaking it using redsn0w the redsn0w freezes (not responding) & the "Next" button is in grey (as if no device is connected)

I used sn0wbreeze & it detected that my iPod touch was in DFU mode but after sn0wbreeze finished it asked me to restore the IPSW it created using iTunes & restarted my iPod touch

but AFAIK I can only restore a custom IPSW when the device is in DFU mode.
(now my iPod touch in restore mode & when I try to restore the sn0wbreeze IPSW I get error 21 & according to this it means I can only restore my custom IPSW while my iPod touch is in DFU mode)

I wish I know what to do to enter DFU again (although I'm not 100% sure if it was DFU mode there)

Help of any kind is much appreciated.

please help even if you're not 100% sure what the solution is, it might give me a hint to fix this whole thing

Unread 12-31-2011, 03:47 AM   #3
hero3210
!!!

UPDATE: YEEEEEEEES, Finally I managed to enter DFU mode & jailbroke my iPod touch successfully.

this is what I did:
as I mentioned in my previous post my iPod touch was in recovery mode & it was stuck at it ( I was not able to make my iPod touch be in recovery mode nor in DFU mode but somehow while I was trying to enter DFU mode my iPod touch entered recovery mode & got stuck there)

at that time I found out that I don't have iTunesHelper.exe running in the background processes so I ran it from the iTunes installation folder (I don't think this helped 'cause right now it is not running in the processes, but I mentioned it just in case)

Then I ran TinyUmbrella to fix the recovery problem but as before it does not detect that my iPod touch is connected, so I ran RecBoot & exited recovery mode.

after that the DFU problem is fixed, I was able to enter DFU mode but then redsn0w freezed just like before, so I returned my iPod to normal again and entered redsn0w & entered DFU while redsn0w was running & my iPod is now finally jailbroken

now I have one problem left, which is the TinyUmbrella not being able to detect my iPod touch nor any other idevice, please help me with that one
The Following User Says Thank You to hero3210 For This Useful Post:
tom21 (12-31-2011)

Unread 12-31-2011, 04:06 AM   #4
tom21
Obsessive iPhone Disorder

Device: iPhone 4
iOS Version: 5.1.1
Carrier: AT&T
Thanked 1,866 Times in 1,016 Posts
You're actually one of the few who came back to post updates that could help others in the future. For your persistent and encouragement, you'll get a THANKS from me.

Connect your iPod touch to another computer and launch TinyUmbrella. Does it works? Try reinstalling Java, iTunes... etc.

Try using iFaith, does it detects your iPod? How about both ifunbox and iTools too?
I'm forever busy to be sober. Resident drunk lurking with Budweiser.

Last edited by tom21; 12-31-2011 at 04:12 AM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tom21 For This Useful Post:
hero3210 (12-31-2011), lothariokundalini (12-31-2011)

Unread 12-31-2011, 05:40 AM   #5
hero3210
!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tom21 View Post
You're actually one of the few who came back to post updates that could help others in the future. For your persistent and encouragement, you'll get a THANKS from me.
Thank you very much

Quote:
Connect your iPod touch to another computer and launch TinyUmbrella. Does it works?
Yes, As I mentioned in my first post, TinyUmbrella does not work in my computer no matter what idevice is connected but works in other computers.

so in sum:
with my PC: TinyUmbrella does not detect my iPod touch nor any other idevice.
with other PCs: TinyUmbrella detect my iPod touch and other idevices.

so the problem is from my PC not my iPod touch.

Quote:
Try reinstalling Java, iTunes... etc.
deleted all apple software, installed iTunes, reinstalled Java ... same problem

Quote:
Try using iFaith, does it detects your iPod? How about both ifunbox and iTools too?
iFaith: when I press "Show Available SHSH Caches on Server" this message appears:

all of its other functions require DFU mode.

iFunBox: as I mentioned in my first post: ifunbox in its latest version does detect my ipod touch.
Quote:
Originally Posted by hero3210 View Post
(I'm not sure if this has anything to do with my problem but maybe a month ago iFunBox was not able to detect my iPod touch then an update came for iFunBox & after updating it, it was able to detect my iPod touch)
iTools: yes, iTools detects my iPod.

& I give you a THANK YOU for being helpful

Last edited by hero3210; 12-31-2011 at 05:48 AM.
joecef (12-31-2011)

Unread 12-31-2011, 06:41 AM   #6
tom21

Which iTunes version was installed on your Windows? Are you using 32-bit or 64-bit Windows?

Try creating a new user account on Windows, launch TinyUmbrella testing connection with your device and disable the antivirus, firewall, spybot, systemworks... etc.

Last edited by tom21; 12-31-2011 at 07:15 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to tom21 For This Useful Post:
joecef (12-31-2011)

Unread 12-31-2011, 07:29 AM   #7
hero3210
!!!

the latest version (10.5.2.11)

& already tried making a new account & disabling firewall ... etc
it still doesn't work

I am using a 64-bit Windows 7
joecef (12-31-2011)

Unread 12-31-2011, 07:36 AM   #8
lothariokundalini
(still) Hacked by Contra

hats off to you, hero3210 for your comprehensive posts of your temporary hurdle as well as your updated troubleshooting. as tom21 said earlier, your thread by reference will become useful to those who underwent or is undergoing the same problem you encountered.

by your persistence and diligence you can enjoy your jailbroken idevice for this year to come.
i may disagree violently with what you say but i will fight to death your right to say it

Unread 12-31-2011, 09:37 AM   #9
hero3210
!!!

Icon7

Quote:
Originally Posted by lothariokundalini View Post
hats off to you, hero3210 for your comprehensive posts of your temporary hurdle as well as your updated troubleshooting. as tom21 said earlier, your thread by reference will become useful to those who underwent or is undergoing the same problem you encountered.

by your persistence and diligence you can enjoy your jailbroken idevice for this year to come.
You are welcome. That's what forums are for, sharing & not just taking, right?!

Don't forget to press THANKS if u like my posts

Unread 12-31-2011, 11:50 AM   #10
hero3210
!!!

Update: Fix for redsn0w 0.9.10b3 Freezing in Windows 7

as I said before redsn0w freezes when you enter DFU mode first then run redsn0w, to fix this:
Right click redsn0w.exe ----> Select Properties ----> click "Compatibility" tab ----> Check "run this program in compatibility mode for" and choose "Windows XP (Service Pack 3)

Don't forget to press THANKS if this helped you
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to hero3210 For This Useful Post:
joecef (12-31-2011), tom21 (12-31-2011)

Unread 12-31-2011, 12:06 PM   #11
tom21

Can your iPod be detected by TinyUmbrella yet?

Remove/uninstall iTunes properly and try installing the 32bit iTunes on your 64-bit Windows.

Unread 12-31-2011, 12:56 PM   #12
hero3210
!!!

Quote:
Can your iPod be detected by TinyUmbrella yet?
No, not yet

Quote:
Remove/uninstall iTunes properly and try installing the 32bit iTunes on your 64-bit Windows.
I can't download the 32-bit version of iTunes, when I enter this link it automatically detects my windows then it only shows the 64-bit installer.

I don't think my problem is caused by iTunes, I've had a similar problem once where iTunes & iFunBox were not able to detect my iPod touch. I tried deleting itunes, reinstalling and everything I could think of but with no gain. I finally found out it was caused by a program that conflicts with iTunes so I deleted that program & everything returned back to normal.

right now I don't have that program installed plus iTunes & iFunBox (latest version) detect my iPod touch, so I'm guessing maybe it's caused by another program???

any known programs that conflict with iTunes or TinyUmbrella?

Tags
dfu, ios 5.0.1, tiny umbrella, tinyumbrella