Identify the Problem:
This is probably a good place to start ... follow the steps to see if you can determine the problem with your Cydia:
1) Open Terminal on the device or through SSH.
2) Type the following:
3) Read the error message.
Sometimes just running the update command will fix the issue!
Cydia Crash on Load:
1) SSH into your device.
2) Navigate to the /var/lib/apt/lists/ folder.
3) Delete everything EXCEPT the partial folder.
Cydia Won't Add a Repo:
There are very few possible explanations, here are a few:
1) The repo is down, check the forums for more information.
2) You typed it wrong, many people forget to put the / at the end of a repo url.
3) You aren't connect to a network ... pretty self explanatory.
A common error message would be Bzip2 error or the fact that a source is not functioning correctly.
IF A REPO ONLY ACCEPTS ONE DEVICE PER ACCOUNT YOU WILL GET THIS MESSAGE IF YOU ADD MORE THAN ONE DEVICE (our repo is like this)
If you cannot remove the source from Cydia or the problem persists, try this:
1) SSH into your device.
2) Navigate to the /etc/apt/ folder.
3) Backup the cydia.list OR sources.list.d file.
4) Edit the cydia.list OR sources.list.d file with a text editor and remove the entry related to the problematic source.
Crash After "Reloading Data":
If Cydia is crashing after the Reloading Data message then try this:
(If you don't have terminal installed, use terminal through SSH)
1) Open Mobile Terminal/Terminal via SSH.
dpkg --configure -a
I am unsure that this is a valid fix but if you try it let me know the outcome please.
July 18th Error:
On July 18th, a corrupt package was posted. There was a 10 minute window where anyone who loaded Cydia would experience problems.
If you think you are having this problem please follow this link:
Icon is not Visible:
If your Cydia icon disappeared after you installed a new package and restarting doesn't get it back, follow these steps:
1) SSH into /applications/cydia.app
2) Copy the icon.png to your computer.
3) Delete icon.png from the device
4) Respring and a basic, white icon will appear for Cydia.
5) Copy the icon.png back to /applications/cydia.app
6) Respring and the normal icon should be there.
Cyder is a progam for your computer that downloads and transfers packages/sources to your device.
It also has other useful feature which may fix problems such as clearing the cache.
To get it go here: http://www.********.com/showthread.p...ighlight=cyder
If you can't find a fix for the problem and you really want it fixed, then try reinstalling Cydia.
1) Open Terminal on your device or through SSH
2) Type the following commands:
apt-get remove cydia
apt-get install cydia
Another method of reinstalling Cydia is:
1) Download 2shared.com - free file sharing and storage
2) SSH the package to /var/mobile on your device.
3) Open Terminal and type the following:
dpkg -i cydia.deb
4) Reboot (twice sometimes)
If none of the above worked then you will be forced to rejailbreak ... there is no other way!
this is some stuff off ******** hope it help note- i had to run some of the c0de stuff 3 or 4 times b4 it would work