Originally Posted by avatar1349
To be able to get your 2G onto FW 3.1.3 do the following: (this is written from Mac's point of view)
1. download the 3.1.2 FW .ipsw and put this in a dir called "iPhone" (for the purpose of "easy to find"). Make sure you got bl39 & bl46 in the same dir
2. Download redsn0w-0.9.4
3. Restore from iTunes to FW 3.1.3
4. After that is finished (the iPhone will reboot) close iTunes
5. When the iPhone finished rebooting, your faced with FW3.1.3; just switch off your iPhone and start redsn0w
5. Startup redsn0w and follow the instructions to the letter, paying attention to the fact that you don't just click "next"..."next"
6. After that the whole process is being finished on the iPhone
7. restore your backup you made before (iTunes will show which is your last restore)
8. Add in cydia the repo http://sinfuliphonerepo.com/
(yes...including the last slash)
9. Install appsync 3.1.x and sync your apps via itunes
10. From thereon its a piece of cake
"1) download the 3.1.2 FW .ipsw and put this in a dir called "iPhone" (for the purpose of "easy to find"). Make sure you got bl39 & bl46 in the same dir".
From where do I download the 3.1.2 ,ipsw? How do I find out what baseband the .ipsw has? I currently have 04.05.04_G - which I've rarely found on the net by the way, most modem firmwares with 3.1.2 seem to have 4.26 baseband - and don't want to inadvertently upgrade to 5.11 as I've heard it has wifi issues.
"2. Download redsn0w-0.9.4"
Again, where do I downlaod this from. More importantly, do I download it on my phone or laptop?
"3. Restore from iTunes to FW 3.1.3".
Really? The last time I restored to the latest version via itunes it locked my (unlocked and jailbroken) phone. Won't the same thing happen again if I restore to 3.1.3 through iTunes?
"4. After that is finished (the iPhone will reboot) close iTunes...7. restore your backup you made before (iTunes will show which is your last restore)".
Will the closed itunes restart automatically or will I have to restart it manually?
Thanks in advance
P.S: I already have a jailbroken and ulocked 2G iphone running on OS 3.1.2. But it has become very sluggish and keeps crashing or restarting in Safe Mode (the large number of hacked apps I have?), sometimes as many as ten times in an hour. I'm figuring reinstallation (to a virgin 3.1.3) OS would improve speed and performance as it does on my laptop after I format it.