Alright guys , heres a tutorial for the 3gs (old bootrom) users that want to jailbreak 4.0 and unlocked
VERY IMPORTANT !!!!
MUST HAVE OLD BOOTROM AND MUST BE JAILBROKEN WITHOUT THE USE OF SPIRIT
It's my first guide so bare with me ..
First we must find out if you have an old or new bootrom
I found this tool from Ih8snow that takes all the guessing out
To make this work you must be in DFU mode ,
On the 3gs just hold your Home and power button for 10 seconds then release the power
and hold your home button for another 10 seconds voila DFU mode
now run the program
If it say's you have an old bootrom then we can jailbreak 4.0 .
Now for downgrading (if you already updated to 4.0 and have your shsh blob saved for 3.1.2 or 3.1.3 )
I downloaded a custom firmware from sinful here and chose 3.1.2 since you cannot upgrade using a custom ipsw from sn0wbreeze
if your 3gs has been jailbroken with spirit.
So heres the steps i took
1. download 3.1.2 stock firmware - http://www.sinfuliphone.com/showthread.php?t=3029
2. Patch Itunes to saurik server by going On a Mac, go to /etc/hosts. On a PC, go to C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc\hosts
and adding the line 220.127.116.11 gs.apple.com
this will allow for signing on previous firmwares ..
3. YOU WILL MOST LIKELY GET ERROR
The iPhone iPhone could not be restored. An unknown error occured (1015) error, then re-do the process all over again. You will get the same error again and it is normal. Ignore the error and jailbreak your iPhone using RedSn0w.
4. download redsnow here -http://iphwn.org/redsn0w-win_0.9.3.zip
5. Follow the steps to redsnow they are pretty simple . and jailbreak
!!!!! IMPORTANT !!!!!!!!
THE LAST STEP OF REDSNOW WILL TAKE ALMOST 10 MINUTES OR MORE TO FINISH CALLED ACTIVATION BUNDLE LET IT FINISH IT IS NOT FROZEN
!!!! IMPORTANT !!!!!!!!!
Once this is complete you phone will reboot , mine went back to recovery but i knew it was jailbroken because of the custom boot logo and recovery logo
i didnt need to get out of recovery to upgrade anyway so i started the process of creating my custom ipsw 4.0 with sn0wbreeze
6. Download sn0wbreeze from here - http://www.mediafire.com/?nj03emmtiyo
7. Download your official Iphone 4.0 ipsw here - http://appldnld.apple.com.edgesuite....3_Restore.ipsw
Or you can find the original one u upgraded with first here -
you must also show hidden files and folders and unhide protected operating system files in order to find it .
location for pc (vista) is C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\Apple Computer\iTunes\iPhone Software Updates
8.Now open sn0wbreeze V1.6.1 for iphone 4.0 and follow the steps , again there is simple mode or expert , choose what you are comfortable with
expert has custom boot logos, unlocks (only works with older models, we will use ultrasn0w after ) also has crack apps u can install so it comes with ur custom ipsw , cydia installer etc.
9 Build Custom Ipsw
10. Unpatch your itunes signature server by erasing the line On a Mac, go to /etc/hosts. On a PC, go to C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc\hosts
and erasing the line 18.104.22.168 gs.apple.com
11. Go to itunes and shift Click restore (pc) and find the custom build ipsw on your desktop.
12. Let itunes do its thing and voila !!!! jailbroken with custom 4.0 firmware ..
YOU MAY NOTICE THAT YOU HAVE NO CELL SERVICE AT ALL , IT MAY TAKE MINUTES OR U MAY NOT GET ANY I RAN INTO THIS PROBLEM BUT ITS EASILY FIXED
GO TO CYDIA AND ADD REPO BY GOING TO
MANAGE > SOURCES > EDIT > ADD AND USING THIS
After its added search for ultrasn0w 0.93 and install , after cydia refreshed I had service and everything works . Enjoy your jailbroken and unlocked 3gs
Please rate my guide it will help me for future guides.