You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    

Go Back   SiNfuL iPhone > Discussion | Help > General Help

Notices

General Help DO NOT POST DEVICE SPECIFIC, APP RELATED, or JAILBREAK questions in here!
They have their own specific forums.

Masking IMEI
Old 07-03-2010, 11:44 AM   #1
nakamoniel
n00b

Device: iPhone 4
iOS Version: 4.2
iTunes Version: iTunes 10
Carrier: AT&T
Masking IMEI

Hi Sinful, I knw its noway possible at moment to mask/change imei in 3gs, and i knw it was possible on early models with ziphone, any idea why that feature is still not available, or if you can reinstate that feature in form of some app or somehing? I know 90% of ppl will start replying with legality issues, well my reason is i want to use medianet plan with 3gs, I baught my iphone paying full price not at&t subsidy price and i think i should be allowed to use my phone with wich ever plan i choose, instead of them just switching me to higher rated plan with simple text msg. Can you please look into it? or if not possible explain why not? Thanks. -Nakamo

Old 07-03-2010, 11:46 AM   #2
multipazz
Obsessive iPhone Disorder

iOS Version: 4.0.1
Carrier: Vodafone
Thanked 3,467 Times in 1,337 Posts
I think rockstar will answer this for you... he use 3G on AT&T with $10 plan

Old 07-03-2010, 12:03 PM   #3
rockstar

Device: iPhone 4S
iOS Version: 5.0.1
Thanked 7,928 Times in 1,811 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nakamoniel View Post
Hi Sinful, I knw its noway possible at moment to mask/change imei in 3gs, and i knw it was possible on early models with ziphone, any idea why that feature is still not available, or if you can reinstate that feature in form of some app or somehing? I know 90% of ppl will start replying with legality issues, well my reason is i want to use medianet plan with 3gs, I baught my iphone paying full price not at&t subsidy price and i think i should be allowed to use my phone with wich ever plan i choose, instead of them just switching me to higher rated plan with simple text msg. Can you please look into it? or if not possible explain why not? Thanks. -Nakamo
if u dont want internet or excessive charges, just call at&t and tell them that u lost ur phone so u want them to blog internet usage on ur account so that who ever find ur "lost" phone cant use the internet and they will gladly do that for u. Then u re pretty much set to use ur sim in the iphone. Just pop in the sim and it will work. Since you have signed a contract with at&t they cant change the plan for u because in that way they will be voiding the contract. Just make sure u dont use internet because they have the right to charge u if u do;high sums. Calling and txing should work fine. I have been using this on my iphone for almost a year now.
*****Hit the THANKS button if I helped*****
The Following User Says Thank You to rockstar For This Useful Post:
Paradox31102 (09-28-2010)

Old 07-03-2010, 12:47 PM   #4
nakamoniel
n00b

Thanks for reply both of you, well see i am not bout to have internet, dey tried and i kicked their ass over 611 to ensure they dont mendatorily make me pay 30$ a month, I am just wondering how do you use $10/month for data rockstar?

Old 07-03-2010, 12:57 PM   #5
rockstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by nakamoniel View Post
Thanks for reply both of you, well see i am not bout to have internet, dey tried and i kicked their ass over 611 to ensure they dont mendatorily make me pay 30$ a month, I am just wondering how do you use $10/month for data rockstar?
I have my data blocked right now. So I dont use it, so that I dont get bumbed with a huge sum of biill

Old 07-03-2010, 01:01 PM   #6
nakamoniel
n00b

Exact same here, thats why i am hoping someone figures that feater of ziphone of masking IMEI all over again so we can jumpon medianet all over again

Old 07-03-2010, 01:02 PM   #7
rockstar

yeah but unfortunately there is noone out there. jUST LETatt block it

Old 07-03-2010, 05:01 PM   #8
tonyice88
Jailbroken

iOS Version: 5.1
Carrier: Other
I tried this technique a little while back. I probably used the $10 data plan for about a year until ATT caught on and automatically changed my internet plan to an iPhone plan. i called, complained, and they reversed the charges.

I told them I was using a non-smart phone and gave them that imei number. They switched it back to that phone. I waited a couple of days, popped the sims card back in the iPhone and the next morning, i got a text stating that my internet plan was changed and they started charging me the $30 data plan again.

So this time, I tried not using internet at all assuming that might've been the problem. However, no luck at all. I was charged... yet again. So it seems like they do random checks or something and eventually they'll catch on. I found out that one of my friends had data-opt out, then put the sims card on an iphone, and wasn't charged at all. So I figured I tried that as well so I don't have to deal with using a shit phone.

That DID work but I can't use internet. So now, I'm just using wifi lol.

Please hit thanks if that helped!

Old 07-03-2010, 05:26 PM   #9
rockstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyice88 View Post
I tried this technique a little while back. I probably used the $10 data plan for about a year until ATT caught on and automatically changed my internet plan to an iPhone plan. i called, complained, and they reversed the charges.

I told them I was using a non-smart phone and gave them that imei number. They switched it back to that phone. I waited a couple of days, popped the sims card back in the iPhone and the next morning, i got a text stating that my internet plan was changed and they started charging me the $30 data plan again.

So this time, I tried not using internet at all assuming that might've been the problem. However, no luck at all. I was charged... yet again. So it seems like they do random checks or something and eventually they'll catch on. I found out that one of my friends had data-opt out, then put the sims card on an iphone, and wasn't charged at all. So I figured I tried that as well so I don't have to deal with using a shit phone.

That DID work but I can't use internet. So now, I'm just using wifi lol.

Please hit thanks if that helped!
yeah same, I let them turn it one, once in a while. When I think I will need it during the day. A friend of mine does the same thing, but he uses the internet without the data plan. He checks and monitors his usage so he doesnt go over his usage or else he would be fucked

Old 08-08-2010, 05:25 PM   #10
c0nd0r54
n00b

Device: iPhone 5
iOS Version: 6.1
iTunes Version: iTunes 11
Carrier: T-Mobile
Ok, im now guessing after reading this, there is no hope for my blocked iphone4?!?

Old 08-08-2010, 05:40 PM   #11
rockstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by c0nd0r54 View Post
Ok, im now guessing after reading this, there is no hope for my blocked iphone4?!?
u dont haave to block it, just cancel the plan and use the phone for txting and calling

Old 08-08-2010, 06:20 PM   #12
[AMM]Viper
ObsessiveFoxbodyDisorder

Device: iPhone 6+
iOS Version: 10.x
iTunes Version: iTunes 12
Does this apply to me if I was to get a cheap AT&T Go phone n pop the sim In My 3G?

Old 08-09-2010, 03:47 AM   #13
JimmyFoster
n00b

Hi,Use the Turbo Sim. Apparently I have heard rumors that it masks your IMEI number on the phone somehow. It is used to unlock the Iphone 3G.
The Following User Says Thank You to JimmyFoster For This Useful Post:
Paradox31102 (09-28-2010)

Old 08-09-2010, 03:57 AM   #14
rzrz
n00b

Device: iPhone 3GS
iOS Version: 3.1.3
Carrier: Other
does turbo sim support iOS 3.1.3 for iPhone 3G?

Old 09-28-2010, 03:03 PM   #15
Paradox31102
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockstar View Post
if u dont want internet or excessive charges, just call at&t and tell them that u lost ur phone so u want them to blog internet usage on ur account so that who ever find ur "lost" phone cant use the internet and they will gladly do that for u. Then u re pretty much set to use ur sim in the iphone. Just pop in the sim and it will work. Since you have signed a contract with at&t they cant change the plan for u because in that way they will be voiding the contract. Just make sure u dont use internet because they have the right to charge u if u do;high sums. Calling and txing should work fine. I have been using this on my iphone for almost a year now.
Thanks for the tip!

Let me get this straight... AT&T KNOWS YOU HAVE AN IPHONE? but because they think you lost your phone they block the internet and you dont pay for it?
OR does AT&T think you are using another phone and once the internet is blocked you switch the SIM to the iphone??? Also how does the contract thing keep them from changing it because you phone wasn't lost when you signed the contract? Could you explain that part a little more?

I actaully tried to pay $10/month by activating my SIM over the phone and giving them the serial off of a featurephone and adding onto my family's plan. Once activated I put it into my 3G off ebay and i had a cheap iphone not under contract. Then just got a message yesterday that they are "adding the appropriate data plan"... Didnt educate myself about the IMEI thing early enough so it looks like my bill is going up.

Old 09-28-2010, 04:06 PM   #16
calamity
Jailbroken

I was actually able to use the unlimited data, unlimited tex, and emails with AT&T for just $30/month for a while. I basically swap my sim car with a regular phone and log onto my account and change it under "manage features". However, after upgrading to an iphone 4 with them, I have not been able to do that. Everytime I try to change the data plan, I get a text from them saying that I am not using the proper plan with my phone. I can't really say for sure if they do randomly check accounts for data activities or imei. Before I upgraded to the iphone 4, I was averaging 6-7gb of data a month because I was tethering so much.

With that being said, as long as you have a regular phone that you can put your sim in, all you have to do is log onto your account and you have the ability to switch the data plan to something other than the iphone one. Wether or not you will be able to use it for long will be something that you will found out. Like I said, I used an iphone for over a year without the iphone data plan just the regular data/txt/email plan they offer to any regular/old phones. You don't even need to go through customer service, you can do that just by login to your account online.

Old 09-29-2010, 07:33 PM   #17
Paradox31102
n00b

A year is definitely not bad. I used mine for a couple months before they noticed. I will likely try most the suggestions here, so thanks to everyone for all the input. I wouldn't imagine this is an automated system. I wonder how they are choosing accounts to audit...

I don't believe my account could of been flagged for data usage. I disabled 3G. Never used edge network. Eventually i used BossPrefs to disable data just to ensure I wouldn't accidentally use edge and end up paying outrageous per-use rates. I did get all kinds of popups saying something like "could not connect to the network because you dont have a data plan..."

Perhaps the best way would be what you did. sign up for a cheap non-iphone data plan, then leave it on. Maybe this is harder to notice than an iphone with no dataplan at all.

Old 11-21-2010, 06:06 PM   #18
matthewk
n00b

Device: iPhone 3GS
iOS Version: 4.0.1
anyone able to surpass the issue of their random imei checks by using iphone all the time? thanks,

Old 11-21-2010, 06:43 PM   #19
emckai

Device: iPhone 5
iOS Version: 6.0
iTunes Version: iTunes 11
Whoever is trying to use the internet without a data plan on the iPhone.
It probably won't work. If you're trying to use the 10 dollar Mediaplan for your iPhone. It won't work.

It might, just might work for some people, but not everyone.

I switched from my Samsung Eternity to the iPhone 3GS
On the Samsung Eternity, I had the 10 dollar plan, right when I switched my sim card to my iphone.

The next morning, I looked online and everything was there.

It showed that I had an iPhone 3GS and they automatically applied the 30 dollar plan.

But I guess im kinda off topic..

I don't think you can mask the IMEI, the phone probably work then?

---------- EDIT ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by calamity View Post
I was actually able to use the unlimited data, unlimited tex, and emails with AT&T for just $30/month for a while. I basically swap my sim car with a regular phone and log onto my account and change it under "manage features". However, after upgrading to an iphone 4 with them, I have not been able to do that. Everytime I try to change the data plan, I get a text from them saying that I am not using the proper plan with my phone. I can't really say for sure if they do randomly check accounts for data activities or imei. Before I upgraded to the iphone 4, I was averaging 6-7gb of data a month because I was tethering so much.

With that being said, as long as you have a regular phone that you can put your sim in, all you have to do is log onto your account and you have the ability to switch the data plan to something other than the iphone one. Wether or not you will be able to use it for long will be something that you will found out. Like I said, I used an iphone for over a year without the iphone data plan just the regular data/txt/email plan they offer to any regular/old phones. You don't even need to go through customer service, you can do that just by login to your account online.
When you used 6-7GB of data a month while tethering.. did they call you or text you about it?
Current Phone: iPhone 5
Firmware: 6.0.1
Previous Phone(s): [Verizon[Galaxy S3]] [AT&T[Lumia 920] [Galaxy Note] [iPhone 4s] [iPhone 4] [iPhone 3GS]]