You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    

Go Back   SiNfuL iPhone > Device Specific > iPhone 4

Notices

iPhone 4 iPhone 4 Discussion | Help
NO JAILBREAKING QUESTIONS!

Iphone 4 using iphone 2g Unlimited Data Plan
Unread 08-14-2010, 06:39 PM   #1
v13tboi1218
n00b

Device: iPhone 4
iOS Version: 4.2
iTunes Version: iTunes 10
Carrier: AT&T
Iphone 4 using iphone 2g Unlimited Data Plan

So most people who bought the new iphone 4 got stuck with ATT's idiotic 2gb data plan since they got rid of their unlimited data plan. So then instead i was thinking, couldnt i plug my sim (with an micro-sim adapter) and then grab their unlimited plan. Ive done it and so far its working but i was wondering will they stop it if they found out?

Unread 08-14-2010, 06:47 PM   #2
Bub
n00b

I am going to say NO they will not stop it since you already had the unlimited data package. The unlimited data package is just no longer available for those who are new users or decide to remove the feature. However I am not sure what would happen if you decide to upgrade from 3G to 4G and activate using the new SIM which is sent. I believe they would remove the unlimited data plan and charge you the plan you choose while purchasing the new 4G. Do not take this word from me but I am pretty sure this would be correct.

Unread 08-14-2010, 07:35 PM   #3
-shadow-
Obsessive iPhone Disorder

iOS Version: 4.1
im not sure im understanding the question but if you have a unlimited data plan on a line you can keep it no matter what unless you take it off.

Ex. if you have a 3g with an unlimeted data and a friend gives you an iphone4 you can keep your unlimited data. either cut your sim and install it or take it to at&t and get them to give you a mini sim. as long as your keeping the same number and all you are fine

If you order your i4 on a different line and transfer it to your unlimited data line you are fine
If your THANKS hit BORED. I wont complain

Unread 08-14-2010, 09:58 PM   #4
lostsoul
n00b

iOS Version: 4.1
Quote:
Originally Posted by -shadow- View Post
im not sure im understanding the question but if you have a unlimited data plan on a line you can keep it no matter what unless you take it off.
you sir are correct.. they ask you that when you make the switch..

I'm keeping my unlimited.. woooo

Unread 08-15-2010, 02:19 AM   #5
v13tboi1218
n00b

iOS Version: 4.2
I'm sorry if the question wasn't clear. I meant I had the 2gb data plan for the iPhone 4 and then I got a 2g and placed my sim in the 2g and when I plugged the phone into iTunes onstead of activating right away they made me go through the process of choosing a data plan and I saw unlimited and chose it. And on AT&T they said I now have unlimited but then they also said it was a wrong plan for the iPhone 4 when I plugged my sim back in. But I still have the unlimited data plan so I don't know if it worked

Last edited by v13tboi1218; 08-15-2010 at 02:21 AM. Reason: To make more sense on the topic

Unread 08-15-2010, 08:07 AM   #6
cold4eva
n00b

Device: iPhone 4S
iOS Version: 4.3.x
I have unlmtd data. Had to activate a ip1. Ended up with a 2g data plan on iphone 4 too. Was gonna keep it And save 10 a month but i didnt wanna chance one day having to give up unltd data. So i called att and they said for now supervisors can add it back, but soon it will not b an option. So if u dont already have unlimited, go for it. But if u do and just wanna save money, not a good idea. Att network occasionly checks to see if ur data plan matchs ur phone.

Tags
data, iphone 2g, iphone 4, plan