You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    

Go Back   SiNfuL iPhone > News > Front Page Important News

Notices

Front Page Important News Important News that appears on the Front Page of the forum
Only Admin & Mods can post in here

Unread 09-01-2010, 07:34 PM   #41
cgcat93
n00b

The itunes 10 download is now live

Unread 09-01-2010, 07:44 PM   #42
vestonind
Obsessive iPhone Disorder

Device: iPhone 5
iOS Version: 6.0
iTunes Version: iTunes 11
Carrier: Other
Quote:
Originally Posted by cgcat93 View Post
The itunes 10 download is now live
now all we have to do is wait for someone who is jailbroken to download it, and find out how bad it messes with the jailbreaks.

any volunteers...........
iPad (original) 64GB wifi (inlaws) ios 5.0.1 / redsn0w .9.10b4
iPad 2 64GB 3G+wifi (wifes) ios 5.0.1 / absinthe mac .2
iPad 3 64GB 3G+wifi (mine) ios 5.1.1 / absinthe (mac) 2.0
*ps - if you found my post interesting or helpful, please hit the thanks button. thank you, and have a nice day.

Unread 09-01-2010, 07:49 PM   #43
mnm0071980
Livin an iPhone 5 JB Life

Device: iPhone 5S
iOS Version: 7.0
Carrier: Verizon
Quote:
Originally Posted by vestonind View Post
4.0.2 did come out pretty fast, thats true. but in apples defense, they really had no choice, considering there was a serious security issue in safari. we can be thankful that there no breaches on peoples iDevices, but if apple hadn't fixed it, there was the potential for a lot of problems, especially after it became publicly know about the hole.

am curious though, since the issue was with safari, i wonder if that security hole applies to their desktop versions also. why? it has been in the news all over, about peoples iTunes accounts being charged with unauthorized purchases. are they using apples / macs and if so, is someone tunneling through that security hole to make these purchases?

don't get me wrong, i'm for jailbreaking all iDevices and making apples life a living hell, and i hope we see a jailbreak soon for people getting their new iDevices, but not at the risk of sacrificing my personal information that is on my phone.
I don't use safari because I always thought it wasn't safe and people tell me the same thing. Firefox are better to me. Safari is for anything that doesn't work out those two. 4.0.2 came out fast yes and I dont blame them.

---------- EDIT ----------
iTunes 10 is safe for JBers+unlockers: DFU mode, syncing, selecting IPSW, all okay (Stay away from 4.1 next week though!)
"I ain't a follower but I'm the wrong dude for you if your looking for a leader. I follow the life that I lead alone"

Unread 09-01-2010, 07:53 PM   #44
trashes
Jailbroken

Device: iPhone 3GS
iOS Version: 4.0.1
iTunes Version: iTunes 10
Wow... ipod touch 4g is really enticing.... I was considering upgrading my iphone 3gs to iphone 4, but I was reluctant because of the antenna issue. I think I might as well go for ipod touch 4g instead of iphone 4 and keep my 3gs....

Unread 09-01-2010, 08:11 PM   #45
iKal
Jailbroken

Device: iPhone 4
Carrier: Vodafone
Quote:
Originally Posted by vestonind View Post
now all we have to do is wait for someone who is jailbroken to download it, and find out how bad it messes with the jailbreaks.

any volunteers...........
lol im installing it now :p.... works perfectly fine for me (iPhone 4 Jailbroken) and looks damnnn good

Last edited by iKal; 09-01-2010 at 08:19 PM.

Unread 09-01-2010, 08:23 PM   #46
vestonind

well, lets see what it does with your cracked apps and things like that when you sync. jailbreaking maybe legal, but this is apple.
*ps - if you found my post interesting or helpful, please hit the thanks button. thank you, and have a nice day.

Unread 09-01-2010, 08:24 PM   #47
lod
Lord of Darkness

Device: iPhone 4S
Carrier: T-Mobile
Just installed itunes 10 using 3gs jailbroke with out any problems

Unread 09-01-2010, 08:31 PM   #48
takaki
n00b

iOS Version: 4.3
NANO is fun
but I am still waiting for the in-between of ipod touch and ipad
retina display @ 7", front & rear cam, 3g, wifi~~~~

Unread 09-01-2010, 08:45 PM   #49
mnm0071980

muscle nerd twitter about an hr ago saying this works fine people. no one read my comment ?
"I ain't a follower but I'm the wrong dude for you if your looking for a leader. I follow the life that I lead alone"

Unread 09-01-2010, 09:43 PM   #50
haitham1973
Jailbroken

iOS Version: 4.1
Quote:
Originally Posted by j13razr View Post
how can i get a copy of itunes installer 9.2.1? Stupid me didn't think about the future of my jailbreaks. But first I have to fix my phone first... "white screen of death" over the weekend.

I like all of the new products. The Nano might take some getting used to though. The screen being that small. You know with a screen that small... When is the "I-Watch" coming out?
another option is to go here http://www.oldapps.com/itunes.php they have every copy of itunes ever released both 32 and 64 versions

I don't know if there is any value in saving your shsh files for 4.0.2, but I saved mine, on both cydia and my PC, but I figured I have nothing to lose, and I hope enough people are doing the same so we don't go into the usual cycle of people updating without checking if they should or not.

4.1 is not coming out until next week, there is no excuse for anyone not saving their shsh blobs now while apple is still signing them. go here and download the appropriate version of tinyumbrella for your OS, and SAVE your blobs http://thefirmwareumbrella.blogspot.com/
PLEASE HIT THANKS IF I'VE HELPED

Unread 09-01-2010, 09:54 PM   #51
mnm0071980

Quote:
Originally Posted by haitham1973 View Post
another option is to go here http://www.oldapps.com/itunes.php they have every copy of itunes ever released both 32 and 64 versions

I don't know if there is any value in saving your shsh files for 4.0.2, but I saved mine, on both cydia and my PC, but I figured I have nothing to lose, and I hope enough people are doing the same so we don't go into the usual cycle of people updating without checking if they should or not.

4.1 is not coming out until next week, there is no excuse for anyone not saving their shsh blobs now while apple is still signing them. go here and download the appropriate version of tinyumbrella for your OS, and SAVE your blobs http://thefirmwareumbrella.blogspot.com/
its pointless to save 4.0.2. if you update to 4.1 your stuck with no JB. you downgrade back to 4.0.2 your stuck with no JB. you lose either way.

Unread 09-01-2010, 10:18 PM   #52
els_27
iPhoneaholic

Device: iPod Touch 4
iOS Version: 5.0
haha i've got a 2g ipod touch and when apple released 3g im like its exactly the same it seemed so pointless and the build-up to last years apple conference was a total flop

BUT

this year, something 'actual' magical happened: apple finally actually released what people want, oh and im defiantely getting one - jailbreak or not

Tee hee hee

Unread 09-02-2010, 12:01 AM   #53
BigSexy7947

iOS Version: 6.1
Carrier: AT&T
I got it installed and working fine. Don't see what the big deal is, it is just itunes lol. Wish they'd keep out of the social networking game, its pretty lame.

Unread 09-02-2010, 12:10 AM   #54
vestonind

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigSexy7947 View Post
I got it installed and working fine. Don't see what the big deal is, it is just itunes lol. Wish they'd keep out of the social networking game, its pretty lame.
true, it's just iTunes, but i wouldn't put it past apple to slip something in to detect jailbroken iDevices, and then " causing a problem with your iDevice " forcing you to restore. remember, only jailbreaking you iPhone is legal, nothing in there about preventing them from stopping jailbreaking of your iTouch / iPad.

The first of EFF's three successful requests clarifies the legality of cell phone "jailbreaking" — software modifications that liberate iPhones and other handsets to run applications from sources other than those approved by the phone maker. More than a million iPhone owners are said to have "jailbroken" their handsets in order to change wireless providers or use applications obtained from sources other than Apple's own iTunes "App Store," and many more have expressed a desire to do so. But the threat of DMCA liability had previously endangered these customers and alternate applications stores.

playing the part of a devils advocate:
if i was apple, and i wanted to " screw with jailbreakers ", here is what i would do. have iTunes check and see if your device is jailbroken, if so, and your device IS NOT an iPhone, have iTunes put the device into recovery mode. could also have iTunes verify if the software on your iDevice was really paid for or gifted to you. if not, same thing, force the device into recovery mode. as long as the device is not an iPhone, then i (if i was apple) would not be breaking the law.

and since the new iTouchs / iPads have cameras, even 3g capabilities, messaging abilities, they DO NOT qualify as handsets as they do not have the stand alone ability to make calls. neither do iTouch 2g's / 3g's / iPads.

so, as you can see, it would be very easy for apple to do something with iTunes to thwart jailbreakers. thats why questions about compatibility with jailbroken devices.

thank you for giving me time to rant and rave and voice my opinions.

Last edited by vestonind; 09-02-2010 at 12:39 AM.

Unread 09-02-2010, 01:24 AM   #55
Muuz
n00b

Device: iPod Touch 4
iOS Version: 4.2
Great news but what sucks is, I just bought a iPod Touch 32GB a week ago. Anyone know if Bestbuy would exchange it for the pre-order of this new iTouch?

Unread 09-02-2010, 01:57 AM   #56
Scott
n00b

No probs so long with iTunes 10 - just to mention

Unread 09-02-2010, 05:18 AM   #57
multipazz

Carrier: Vodafone
Thanked 3,438 Times in 1,336 Posts
I was hoping that mini display was for a watch...

Unread 09-02-2010, 03:59 PM   #58
Xerray
Jailbroken

Quote:
Originally Posted by mnm0071980 View Post
just take it back pay 20 or 30 more and get the new one in a week or two.[color="#d3e009"]
Would I have to bring like the receipt the box and everything that came with the ipod touch to get the ipod touch 4g for less or just the ipod touch?

Unread 09-02-2010, 04:08 PM   #59
mnm0071980

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muuz View Post
Great news but what sucks is, I just bought a iPod Touch 32GB a week ago. Anyone know if Bestbuy would exchange it for the pre-order of this new iTouch?

take it back, hit them off with some cash as a restock fee or something like that and pay the difference. that's what ima do with my red nano, its brand new wrapped in the box still so when apple puts it on shelves, ill be at the apple store to get an itouch 32.... i would call your local store in which you got it from and they should tell you although im 100% sure you can do it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xerray View Post
Would I have to bring like the receipt the box and everything that came with the ipod touch to get the ipod touch 4g for less or just the ipod touch?
i would bring everything so they won't give you an excuse not 2 exchange it. if not, they can pull up your records and do it like that but i would bring everything so they wont bs you. I wanna see what lie they give me when i have everything
The Following User Says Thank You to mnm0071980 For This Useful Post:
Muuz (09-02-2010)

Unread 09-02-2010, 04:11 PM   #60
Xerray
Jailbroken

Quote:
Originally Posted by mnm0071980 View Post
i would bring everything so they won't give you an excuse not 2 exchange it. if not, they can pull up your records and do it like that but i would bring it all. no bs from apple right?
Man! I got my ipod touch from Modmyi, but I'll still try anyway.