Jailbreak and Activate iPhone Firmware 1.1.1.
Pre-Steps - Turn off iPhone, insert AT&T SIM Card and turn on iPhone
01. Press the Home button and you will be back at the activate iPhone screen.
02. Slide the emergency slider again.
03. Enter *#307# then press Call. The iPhone will ring, press the X button at the top to delete all the characters you just entered.
04. Enter 0 then press Call again while it is still ringing. Now press Answer, then press Hold, then press Decline.
05. At the iPhone's dialing keypad. Press the Contacts button below. Press the + in the upper right corner to make a new contact.
06. Press First, Last button. Enter A for the first name then press Save in the upper right corner.
07. Press Add New URL button. Enter prefs://1F then press Save in the upper right corner. Press Save again. Press the URL button.
08. At Settings screen. Press General then Auto-Lock, then Never.
09. Back at Settings screen. Press Wi-Fi, then select your network. Enter your password and press Join. Connect to network.
10. Press the Home button. Slide the emergency slider again. Enter 0 then press Call. Press Answer, then Hold then Decline.
11. At the contacts screen again. Press the + icon, then the First, Last buton. Enter Z for the first name and press Save.
12. Press Add New URL button. Enter http://jailbreakme.com
then press Save, then press Save again. Press the URL button.
13. You will now head to the jailbreakme.com website. Scroll to the bottom of the page and press the Install AppSnapp button. Safari should crash after a few seconds.
****If it doesn't crash after 1 minute, then press the Home button. Wait until the iPhone becomes responsvie, then go into the keypad and try again from step 10 (no need to add another contact though).
Suggestion from user bezman
- Turn off iPhone, take out SIM, turn on iPhone (with no SIM), try again from step 10****
14. Once Safari crashes it will send you back to the activate iPhone screen. Wait about 30 seconds and the animation over the slider will freeze for a second and the iPhone will reboot.
15. You will now have access to the SpringBoard.
I can remember doing this jailbreak many times... we got it so easy these days with one click solutions
for more early jailbreaks.. you can fine the archive over at hackint0sh:-
Older Software Unlock Solution - Hackint0sh