UPDATE January 2011
Update Includes NEW Redsn0w 0.9.2 link This time i have uploaded so it wont go down
I am now offering one on one LIVE support on this issue just add either my yahoo or msn.
This is a full tutorial on how to restore your iPhone 3G to any 3.x frimware without SHSH blobs, How to Jailbreak it, And have custom boot logos and how to unlock. I will provide Links to everything reqired.
What you need:
- iTunes of course
- Tiny Umbrella http://thefirmwareumbrella.blogspot.com/
- Redsnow http://www.mediafire.com/?okdicyiyqswddr2
- 3.x FW for iPhone 3G (Recomend 3.1.2 ) http://www.felixbruns.de/iPod/firmware/
This is the site select FW from drop down box.
1. Download and install everything from above will make it easier. Have shortcuts on your desktop too to speed up the process
2. Open Tiny Umbrella it should look something like this
Save all your SHSH Blobs you have. Make sure any anivirus and/or firewall does not block tiny umbrella.
3. If there is anything on your iPhone make sure you get it off now because next step will wipe everything. Make sure you transfer all purchases and music and anything you dont want to lose to your computer.
4. Open iTunes and connect your iPhone to your computer.
5. Click on your iPhone on the right hand side. Now hold the shift button and click on restore.
6. Now you must select the firmware you just downloaded.
7. The restore will take a while once its almost finished you will get this error message
8. Click ok then itunes will have another pop up saying wanting to connect to itunes store click cancel. Your iphone will now be stuck on the connect to itunes screen.
9. Open Tiny Umbrella On the right hand side of the programme select your iPhone and click Exit recovery. Your device will now reboot.
10. Your iPhone will now be stuck on the emergency call screen if your require a unlock follow Jailbreaking Unlocking and Custom logos Tutorial below. If no unlock is required you can put your sim in and activate your iPhone.
if your sim cannot active your iphone you MUST jailbreak with redsnow now
You now have a fresh install of 3.x fw on your iPhone. Congradulations
Jailbreaking and Custom Boot Logos
1. Download redsnow from the above link if you haven't already done so
2. Open redsnow select the firmware you used to restore.
3. Now select what you want to do. If your already jailbroken you can use this just to install custom boot logos.
4. Follow what redsnow tells you to do. Once redsnow is finished your device will be jailbroken with custom boot logos.
1. Connect to your wifi network.
2. Open cydia it will take a while to load if its first time
3. Click on manage/sources/666.ultrasnow.com As you see its already there. download and install ultrsnow.
You have just unlock your iPhone
Hope this helps you guys. If you have any questions feel free to ask.
Also i know it works as i have just done it myself so no complaining please. I rely on a unlock for my network also. Telecom XT in New Zealand as my iPhone is a 3g 8Gb model from AT&T USA
Oh here is the image i use for my boot logo. I can also make boot logos if you like just request here