You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    

Go Back   SiNfuL iPhone > News > News > General News

Notices

SHSH Blobs Extractor - Update from iH8sn0w
Unread 02-03-2011, 12:15 PM   #1
howard1
Obsessive iPhone Disorder

Device: iPhone 4S
iOS Version: 5.1.1
iTunes Version: iTunes 10
Carrier: o2
Thanked 6,426 Times in 981 Posts
SHSH Blobs Extractor - Update from iH8sn0w

A lot of people have been wondering what I have been up to lately. I’ve been quiet. No new sn0wbreeze. Nothing. Well, something new is in the works. An SHSH Blobs Extractor. I’ve hinted this towards several people on twitter, but people seem to be getting confused. So I hope this post will clear a few things up.

When you buy a new iPod Touch, iPhone, iPad, Apple TV 2, it already comes preloaded with firmware. Let’s say someone purchases a new iPhone 4. It comes with 4.1. The user is indeed able to jailbreak it by a series of jailbreaking tools available these days. However, lets say that the user has a conflict with the device during the usage on the firmware that came preloaded. They would most likely want to start fresh and do a restore.

But wait, if Apple isn’t signing 4.1, how are you going to grab these blobs? Well, believe it or not, but the blobs are actually still on the device for that firmware. This is because the boot chain relies on these blobs. Its basically another signature check of Apple but is given to the device originally from Apple via a Restore/Update.

So, what if we can extract these blobs? Well we can!

Over the last month, I’ve been caught up with finals, but that is all over and done. So, development on this new tool has been working non stop! I’m going to explain again on what this exactly does.

If you have a device that is on a firmware that Apple is not signing (example: 4.1), and you wish to grab blobs for, you can with the new upcoming tool. Just ensure that you don’t press that Update/Restore button in iTunes. Everytime you restore or update, these blobs get replaced by completely new blobs for the firmware you are updating/restoring to.

There is a free tweak that just got pushed out called “RecoveryGuard” by pushfix.

You can grab this off his repo — "http://cydia.pushfix.info" (I highly suggest you install this for anyone that you think is going to accidentally press that button in the future while waiting for this tool to arrive.

Also, PLEASE ensure that you grab all future shsh blobs by using semaphore’s (notcom) TinyUmbrella Utility available OVER HERE!

As of now, no other information is being given, but stay tuned!

~iH8sn0w

The Following 18 Users Say Thank You to howard1 For This Useful Post:
arman (02-03-2011), asa444 (05-20-2012), b833638 (02-12-2011), ezkore (05-22-2012), FREDRIK01 (05-07-2011), gmgdnj (05-15-2012), hevyford2 (04-03-2011), ipadlvr (02-03-2011), kerode (04-03-2011), kingof9x (02-03-2011), navarhos (02-03-2011), nickole214 (06-04-2012), Radeon30 (05-20-2012), riverratt (02-22-2011), Roller (02-03-2011), Rotten (03-28-2011), sailenyau (05-20-2012), toughguy (02-12-2011)

Unread 02-03-2011, 01:25 PM   #2
Roller

iOS Version: 5.1
Carrier: Other
beautiful
Iphone 4S, 6.1, Straight Talk Unlimited Talk & Text & about 2gb of true 3g data with working MMS, $45 a month no gimmicks, no unlock Bitch!!...PS..Hit the thanks button sigs are lame!

Unread 02-03-2011, 01:34 PM   #3
quincemeister
Curiosity killed the cat

iOS Version: 7.0
iTunes Version: iTunes 11
ingenious, this will make it even more frustrating (lol) when someone says "i accidently pressed"......brilliant. a most clever tool methinks....

Unread 02-03-2011, 02:11 PM   #4
mrbob2
SinfuliPhoneHelper

iOS Version: 6.1.3
Thanked 2,080 Times in 1,096 Posts
I got my iphone4 in november and in december the camera stopped opening. I had saved my 4.1 blobs as i was on 4.1 and i like the firmware. Anyways, i took it to apple care store and they replaced it free of charge with a brand new iphone4. Fortunately!! it was on 4.1 (this was december 23rd) BUT 4.2 was out and apple had stopped signing 4.1 blobs.

I am still on 4.1 and i have only 4.2 blobs saved on cydia.

So to cut a long story short, what do i need to do as this post isnt entirely obvious :-(

It says "You can grab this off his repo — "http://cydia.pushfix.info" (I highly suggest you install this for anyone that you think is going to accidentally press that button in the future while waiting for this tool to arrive."

What tool am i exactly waiting for and why do i need this pushfix too? what does it do?

If my iphone goes tits up right now, id have no option but to update to 4.2 so being able to grab my 4.1 blobs is my priority right now.

Want to know if you can jailbreak your iDevice? click here ==> Jailbreak Chart - Jailbreak Matrix

Unread 02-03-2011, 02:46 PM   #5
Roller

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrbob2 View Post
I got my iphone4 in november and in december the camera stopped opening. I had saved my 4.1 blobs as i was on 4.1 and i like the firmware. Anyways, i took it to apple care store and they replaced it free of charge with a brand new iphone4. Fortunately!! it was on 4.1 (this was december 23rd) BUT 4.2 was out and apple had stopped signing 4.1 blobs.

I am still on 4.1 and i have only 4.2 blobs saved on cydia.

So to cut a long story short, what do i need to do as this post isnt entirely obvious :-(

It says "You can grab this off his repo — "http://cydia.pushfix.info" (I highly suggest you install this for anyone that you think is going to accidentally press that button in the future while waiting for this tool to arrive."

What tool am i exactly waiting for and why do i need this pushfix too? what does it do?

If my iphone goes tits up right now, id have no option but to update to 4.2 so being able to grab my 4.1 blobs is my priority right now.
it tricks itunes into thinking your 4.1 is the latest firmware for your device, especially nice for those who ACCIDENTLY hit the upgrade button!! I just installed it on my friend's son's ip3g on 4.1 who kept upgrading to 4.2.1 after I constantly tell his little ass not too(luckily I have his 4.1 blobs saved), I can confirm that it IS working
Iphone 4S, 6.1, Straight Talk Unlimited Talk & Text & about 2gb of true 3g data with working MMS, $45 a month no gimmicks, no unlock Bitch!!...PS..Hit the thanks button sigs are lame!

Last edited by Roller; 02-03-2011 at 03:01 PM.

Unread 02-03-2011, 03:05 PM   #6
mrbob2
SinfuliPhoneHelper

iOS Version: 6.1.3
Thanked 2,080 Times in 1,096 Posts
Mmkay so if this tricks itunes in thinking 4.1 is the latest firmware.....

Does that mean if i click restore itunes will simply update my phone with 4.1 again?

The whole point is while im not going to "accidentally" press update as i know what im doing, if my phone goes tits up il be forced to press "update" and will itunes re install 4.1 with this tool?

Sorry for sounding dumb but im still not entirely sure what this tool does lol

Want to know if you can jailbreak your iDevice? click here ==> Jailbreak Chart - Jailbreak Matrix

Unread 02-03-2011, 03:22 PM   #7
kingof9x
ŻŻ\_(ツ)_/ŻŻ

Device: iPhone 5
iOS Version: 6.1.2
Carrier: AT&T
Thanked 1,344 Times in 935 Posts
okay let me try to clear this up a bit. recovery guard just keeps itunes from popping up that window that says your not up to date and asks if you would like to update to the newest firmware version. that is what people "accidently" hit and end up losing there jailbreak (and unlock if used)

so, recoveryguard=no more pop up from itunes saying your device is not up to date.

as for the tool to get your current firmwares shsh blobs it is NOT out yet.

howard is just letting us know that it IS possible to recover the shsh blob for your current firmware and that ih8sn0w is working on a user friendly tool for a public release.

if i am mistaken then please lemme know howard but i believe this is the situation.

---------- EDIT ----------

Quote:
Mmkay so if this tricks itunes in thinking 4.1 is the latest firmware.....

Does that mean if i click restore itunes will simply update my phone with 4.1 again?
NO, please do not do that.

Thanks to x73x for my sig and avi
The Following User Says Thank You to kingof9x For This Useful Post:
mrbob2 (02-03-2011)

Unread 02-03-2011, 03:23 PM   #8
ipadlvr
Dirt , my buddy.

Thanked 1,912 Times in 955 Posts
Quote:
.....snip... Does that mean if i click restore itunes will simply update my phone with 4.1 again?
Sounds like it just stops iTunes from offering to update to the latest FM release, preventing "accidental" updates - which you seem to be immune from anyway. It has no impact if you upgrade anyway... what you get from apple is what you get.

-ipadlvr.
Demand Your Right To Install Any Device-Supported iOS - AnyiOS

Include #AnyiOS in tweets to support this effort

If I helped, informed or amused, no need to THANK,
...............just help some one else

iPhone 5 64GB, iOS 6.1.2 JB /w Evasi0n 1.5.3 - Black, LifeProof Case added AFTER 3 minute submersion without failure
iPad 1 64GB WiFi+3G iOS 5.1.1 JB /w Absinthe 2.0.4 UnT
iPT4g 32GB iOS 4.1 JB /w GreenPoison RC3 UnT
iPT4g 32GB iOS 5.1.1 JB /w Absinthe 2.0.4 UnT
iPT4g 32GB iOS 4.2.1 Jailbait

Unread 02-12-2011, 09:44 AM   #9
~*BLusH*~
Jailbroken

Device: iPhone 3GS
iOS Version: 4.3.x
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingof9x View Post
okay let me try to clear this up a bit. recovery guard just keeps itunes from popping up that window that says your not up to date and asks if you would like to update to the newest firmware version. that is what people "accidently" hit and end up losing there jailbreak (and unlock if used)

so, recoveryguard=no more pop up from itunes saying your device is not up to date.

as for the tool to get your current firmwares shsh blobs it is NOT out yet.

howard is just letting us know that it IS possible to recover the shsh blob for your current firmware and that ih8sn0w is working on a user friendly tool for a public release.
hi, i'm still a bit confused with this. do you mean that if i use this recovery guard, apple won't ask to update firmware as they thought it's the latest, but if i accidentally pressed update button, apple will show that my firmware is up to date or they will ask if we want to update, but it's the latest firmware from apple?

Unread 02-12-2011, 10:06 AM   #10
Roller

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~*BLusH*~ View Post
hi, i'm still a bit confused with this. do you mean that if i use this recovery guard, apple won't ask to update firmware as they thought it's the latest, but if i accidentally pressed update button, apple will show that my firmware is up to date or they will ask if we want to update, but it's the latest firmware from apple?
1. apple wont ask 2. wont be an update option, instead it will say check for update and if you press it will say 4.1 is latest if you're on 4.1 and 3. it wont prevent you from ACCIDENTALLY hitting the restore button

Unread 02-12-2011, 10:29 AM   #11
~*BLusH*~
Jailbroken

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roller View Post
1. apple wont ask 2. wont be an update option, instead it will say check for update and if you press it will say 4.1 is latest if you're on 4.1 and 3. it wont prevent you from ACCIDENTALLY hitting the restore button
so you mean if i restore it, it'll restore to the latest firmware from apple but to the firmware that i have(and i don't have the shsh blobs saved) so i will still need to update the firmware?

Unread 02-12-2011, 10:34 AM   #12
Roller

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~*BLusH*~ View Post
so you mean if i restore it, it'll restore to the latest firmware from apple but to the firmware that i have(and i don't have the shsh blobs saved) so i will still need to update the firmware?
i'm not sure what it'll try to restore to, because I wont hit restore lol but i'm pretty sure even if it did try to restore to 4.1 you would get an error or something, this doesnt give you fake shsh blobs!

Unread 02-12-2011, 10:37 AM   #13
ipadlvr
Dirt , my buddy.

A little more explanation from IPDB:

From the developers: This package blocks iTunes from being able to put your device in Recovery mode. This prevents normal upgrades & restores, for example accidentally clicking Upgrade or Restore in iTunes.

It also makes iTunes think your device is always up to-date.

Note: You can still restore your device by using standard recovery (home button on power on) or DFU mode recovery. Of course you can also uninstall this package to restore normal iTunes operations.

How do you get it? The tweak is available for free in the Cydia store for jailbroken iPhones.

Just launch Cydia, Tap on Manage > Source > Edit > Add > Cydia.pushfix.info > Add Source.

Once the source is added Search for RecoveryGuard BETA and install it. Simple as that.

ipadlvr.

iPhone 5 64GB, iOS 6.1.2 JB /w Evasi0n 1.5.3 - Black, LifeProof Case added AFTER 3 minute submersion without failure
The Following User Says Thank You to ipadlvr For This Useful Post:
~*BLusH*~ (02-12-2011)

Unread 02-12-2011, 11:00 AM   #14
~*BLusH*~
Jailbroken

Quote:
Originally Posted by ipadlvr View Post
A little more explanation from IPDB:

From the developers: This package blocks iTunes from being able to put your device in Recovery mode. This prevents normal upgrades & restores, for example accidentally clicking Upgrade or Restore in iTunes.

It also makes iTunes think your device is always up to-date.

Note: You can still restore your device by using standard recovery (home button on power on) or DFU mode recovery. Of course you can also uninstall this package to restore normal iTunes operations.

How do you get it? The tweak is available for free in the Cydia store for jailbroken iPhones.

Just launch Cydia, Tap on Manage > Source > Edit > Add > Cydia.pushfix.info > Add Source.

Once the source is added Search for RecoveryGuard BETA and install it. Simple as that.

ipadlvr.
thanks, i'm very clear with it.. thanks alot..

---------- EDIT ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roller View Post
i'm not sure what it'll try to restore to, because I wont hit restore lol but i'm pretty sure even if it did try to restore to 4.1 you would get an error or something, this doesnt give you fake shsh blobs!
you are right, i have 2 iphone3gs running ios 4.1, and my friend jailbroke it for me, that time i don't even know what's the actual use of jailbreaking it (i thought it was use to download crack app from installous only.. very stupid of me) and as i don't know much about things in cydia, i simply delete things and i thought i can just restore it like that, but when i want to restore, i have to update to 4.2.1 as that's the latest firmware from apple. and that time it cant be jailbroken. gosh~ i had a very hard time having to restore and facing alot of problems..

but luckily now it's successfully jailbroken with greenpoison..

Unread 02-12-2011, 06:01 PM   #15
DiabloZoe
Compulsive iPhone Disorde

iOS Version: 7.0
Sn0w has said he will push out SB 2.2 before the SHSH extractor tool!!

Unread 03-27-2011, 10:28 PM   #16
Pein X
Jailbroken

Device: iPhone 4
iOS Version: 4.1
iTunes Version: iTunes 9
When is this coming out? I need to get another replacement unit.

Unread 04-02-2011, 08:03 AM   #17
baejor
Jailbroken

iOS Version: 6.1
techjournal says that the tool had been released, but it is not on ih8sn0w.com. the sb2.4b1 is out on the beta section of the website. anyone know where to download the tool? I was on iPhone 4 with 4.1.2 and cracked my screen. took it to best buy thinking they would send mine off to be fixed and i got a refurbished iphone 4 on 4.2.1 instead. No shsh except 4.3.1 on cydia or tinyumbrella. wouldnt you know it... cracked screen again. I can hold off for a while, hopefully get a refurbished one that already has some shsh saved like someone will get if they ever sell my old one as refurbished.

Unread 04-03-2011, 04:27 AM   #18
skew
n00b

Device: iPhone 4
iOS Version: 4.2
This will be a great tool if it's ever released

Unread 04-03-2011, 06:00 AM   #19
iphonelovers
Banned because I'm a TOOL!!!

iOS Version: 4.2
Carrier: T-Mobile
"the blobs are actually still on the device for that firmware. This is because the boot chain relies on these blobs"

So, eventually your idevices can restore back to any previous firmware (in idevices blobs) but the baseband will stay the same and it shall not be downgrade. Am i right?

Unread 04-03-2011, 06:57 AM   #20
ipadlvr
Dirt , my buddy.

Honestly, I'm probably a little confused if there are two separate Blob extraction projects by two diff devs but here is the last TinyUmbrella project updated from January 30, 2011. You can follow future updates here.
Jan 30, 2011
TinyRestore progress...
As many of you know, I'm working on an app that will allow us to restore devices with (or rather without) iTunes. The plan is to allow the functionality that iTunes currently gives. I've made some progress but the process is slow-going. This is no small project and when it is finished I want it to do more than just restore signed firmware. Thank you all for your patience and support. As far as ETAs go, I'm tentatively looking at Feb / Apr... Yes that's a long way away but this isn't a simple app. It'll work on windows, osx, and linux. It'll restore without needing iTunes (much like idevicerestore from p0sixninja). (I will possibly use some of his awesome code). Again bear with me as this is a huge project.

Thanks!
Can't wait for this capability, regardless who deliver's it :-)

-ipadlvr.