You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    

Go Back   SiNfuL iPhone > Device Specific > iPhone 3G

Notices

iPhone 3G iPhone 3G Discussion | Help
NO JAILBREAKING QUESTIONS!

Reply
Thread Tools

 iPhone 3G 4.2.1 Wifi problem
Unread 04-13-2011, 08:16 AM   #1
kamjat
n00b
 
kamjat's Avatar
 
kamjat is offline
Join Date: Jan 2011
Device: iPhone 3G
iOS Version: 4.2
iTunes Version: iTunes 10
Carrier: Other
OS: Windows 7
Location: Malaysia
Posts: 11
Thanks: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Icon4 iPhone 3G 4.2.1 Wifi problem

Hi!HELP ME!My iPhone 3G 4.2.1 Untethered Jailbreak could not connect to wifi,any wifi!sometimes it says unable to join the network and sometimes i get connected for just a second AND sometimes it doesn't detect any wifi at all!I already reset the network settings....
  Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to kamjat For This Useful Post:
liljhayson (01-23-2013)

 
Unread 04-13-2011, 11:24 AM   #2
noodles2012
Jailbroken
 
noodles2012's Avatar
 
noodles2012 is offline
Join Date: Sep 2010
Device: iPhone 4
iOS Version: 4.3
iTunes Version: iTunes 10
Carrier: AT&T
OS: Windows 7
Location: Texas
Posts: 70
Thanks: 3
Thanked 8 Times in 8 Posts
Restart phone.
Hard reset.
Reset modem.
Reset router.

Basically try the obvious solutions. If that doesnt help let me know.
  Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to noodles2012 For This Useful Post:
liljhayson (01-23-2013)

 
Unread 04-13-2011, 12:07 PM   #3
demonknight9
Obsessive iPhone Disorder
 
demonknight9's Avatar
 
demonknight9 is offline
Join Date: Oct 2009
Device: iPhone 5S
iOS Version: 7.1.x
iTunes Version: iTunes 11
Carrier: Other
OS: Mac OS X
Location: London
Posts: 1,172
Thanks: 241
Thanked 302 Times in 214 Posts
if it doesn't help then restore your phone and begore you restore from a backup try it. If that fails you have an hardware problem.
If something seems too good to be true, it most certainly is.
Always look a gift horse in the mouth, unless you don't much care whether it has teeth or not.
And remember you can't cheat an honest man.


Don't forget to click thanks if I helped you!
  Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to demonknight9 For This Useful Post:
liljhayson (01-23-2013)

 
Unread 04-28-2011, 07:35 PM   #4
Jado1981
Jailbroken
 
Jado1981 is offline
Join Date: Oct 2010
Device: iPhone 4S
iOS Version: 6.1.2
iTunes Version: iTunes 11
Carrier: AT&T
OS: Windows 7 x64
Location: texas
Posts: 76
Thanks: 101
Thanked 12 Times in 9 Posts
I had the same problem, and was about to post basically the same problem. After much goofing around, I did this to "fix" my problem. So far my wifi is back up on my phone.
I enabled mac filtering on my router, and added my mac address to the "banned addresses" I reset my phone, and then rebooted my router. I then removed my address from the banned addresses, and now I'm back on without a problem. It makes no sense, but it worked. I hope this can help you some... My guess is that it's a hardware problem. BTW, I have att uverse and mine is a 2wire router/gateway.
  Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jado1981 For This Useful Post:
Kabilach (09-12-2011), liljhayson (01-23-2013)

 
Unread 04-28-2011, 07:57 PM   #5
0x1de
One and only

 
0x1de's Avatar
 
0x1de is offline
Join Date: Apr 2011
Device: iPhone 5
iOS Version: 7.1.x
iTunes Version: iTunes 11
Carrier: T-Mobile
OS: Windows 8 x64
Location: A Warm Uterus
Posts: 1,198
Thanks: 329
Thanked 683 Times in 298 Posts
this is an extremely old post and the fact that you're commenting on it is quite dumb
IF YOU COME ACROSS ANY DEAD LINKS IN ANY OF MY SECTIONS PM ME PLEASE!
Twitter- @0x1de FOLLOW ME
  Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to 0x1de For This Useful Post:
liljhayson (01-23-2013)

 
Unread 04-28-2011, 08:15 PM   #6
DeFlanko
iPhoneaholic
 
DeFlanko's Avatar
 
DeFlanko is offline
Join Date: Nov 2009
Device: iPhone 3GS
iOS Version: 4.2
iTunes Version: iTunes 10
Carrier: T-Mobile
OS: Windows 7
Location: CA
Posts: 171
Thanks: 59
Thanked 47 Times in 28 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 0x1de View Post
this is an extremely old post and the fact that you're commenting on it is quite dumb
Your lucky im not a mod, id ban your ass in a heart beat for putting a fellow member down like that.

I think what he did is correct he SEARCHED for an existing thread with his SAME issue and decided to post in it, AND also posted up a possible solution for OP.
  Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DeFlanko For This Useful Post:
joecef (09-12-2011), liljhayson (01-23-2013)

 
Unread 05-04-2011, 11:58 AM   #7
jamxclusive
n00b
 
jamxclusive is offline
Join Date: Aug 2010
Device: iPhone 3G
iOS Version: 4.1
iTunes Version: iTunes 10
Carrier: Other
OS: Windows 7
Location: Ny
Posts: 23
Thanks: 3
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
pWNED^ HAHAHAH
  Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to jamxclusive For This Useful Post:
liljhayson (01-23-2013)

 
Unread 05-04-2011, 04:07 PM   #8
0x1de
One and only

 
0x1de's Avatar
 
0x1de is offline
Join Date: Apr 2011
Device: iPhone 5
iOS Version: 7.1.x
iTunes Version: iTunes 11
Carrier: T-Mobile
OS: Windows 8 x64
Location: A Warm Uterus
Posts: 1,198
Thanks: 329
Thanked 683 Times in 298 Posts
eh, guess you're right, but don't threaten me...that's just being hypocritical
IF YOU COME ACROSS ANY DEAD LINKS IN ANY OF MY SECTIONS PM ME PLEASE!
Twitter- @0x1de FOLLOW ME
  Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to 0x1de For This Useful Post:
liljhayson (01-23-2013)

 
Unread 06-16-2011, 05:12 AM   #9
kamjat
n00b
 
kamjat's Avatar
 
kamjat is offline
Join Date: Jan 2011
Device: iPhone 3G
iOS Version: 4.2
iTunes Version: iTunes 10
Carrier: Other
OS: Windows 7
Location: Malaysia
Posts: 11
Thanks: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Thanks guys,i'll appreciate it I found that its hardware problem.I installed idroid android fo iphone on my iphone an it damaged my wifi.
  Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to kamjat For This Useful Post:
liljhayson (01-23-2013)

 
Unread 06-16-2011, 04:11 PM   #10
Pickwick
n00b
 
Pickwick's Avatar
 
Pickwick is offline
Join Date: Nov 2009
Device: iPhone 3G
iOS Version: 4.1
iTunes Version: iTunes 9
Carrier: T-Mobile
OS: Windows 7
Location: Germany
Posts: 11
Thanks: 16
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kamjat View Post
Thanks guys,i'll appreciate it I found that its hardware problem.I installed idroid android fo iphone on my iphone an it damaged my wifi.
Oh man hier ist was los:-)
THX Pickwick
  Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Pickwick For This Useful Post:
liljhayson (01-23-2013)

 
Unread 07-11-2011, 12:19 AM   #11
kimodotnet
n00b
 
kimodotnet is offline
Join Date: Jun 2011
Device: iPhone 3G
iOS Version: 4.2
iTunes Version: iTunes 10
Carrier: Other
OS: Windows 7
Location: egypt
Posts: 2
Thanks: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Hay guys;

i think i have found some solution to wifi grayed out problem.

i think i can help you if you have save your SHSH for 4.0, 4.1 ... and later.

i've been searching for this problem for a long time and i didn't find any useful answer and i have tried so many solutions without any luck, so i decided to do it on my own risk.

PS : keep your internet connection ON all the time of the following procedure

this is what i did for my 3G IPhone :

1 - downgrade your iphone form 4.2.1 to 4.0.2 with your current bb 6.15
you will get the famous 1015 error. if you tried to get out of recovery using tineumbrella it won't do any good and your iphone will stuck in recovery.

2 - restore your iphone with the original IOS 4.2.1 ( so you can get your backup back )

3 - don't use hacktivation to activate your phone , try to use the original SIM card.

4 - do step no. 2 again but this time before you start restoring your iphone close itune and open tine tineumbrella and start TSS server.

5 - disconnect your iphone from USB and shutdown it.

6 - open itune and before connecting your iphone press and hold home button then connect your phone to USB you will notice the apple logo, keep holding home button until iphone goes to DFU mode and itune recognize it.

7 - restore your iphone using the ORIGINAL IOS 4.2.1

8 - if you got 1015 use tineumbrella to get out of recovery

9 - this is very important step : if you are on bb 6.15 like me you need to flash your baseband one more time with Ipad bb so jailbreak you iphone with redsn0w 0.9.6b5 or later and mark the ipad baseband check box and continue jailbreaking.

10- when finish your wifi suppose to work fine now.

i have used those steps after trying so many times including freezing my iphone.

this problem appeared after installing a custom ISPW which doesn't have bb in it.

by downgrading your iphone and update it again with the original IOS and reflash it with ipad bb again ( like the first time you made it ) all of your problems should disappear.

this steps solved the following problem i have experienced :

1 - gray wifi
2 - low signal wifi if not grayed out
3 - iphone over heated
4 - battery drained
5 - slow performance

i hope it help you,

best of luck.

karim
Karim
  Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to kimodotnet For This Useful Post:
liljhayson (01-23-2013)

 
Unread 07-12-2011, 07:49 AM   #12
Apeman1213
n00b
 
Apeman1213 is offline
Join Date: Jul 2011
Device: iPhone 3GS
iOS Version: 3.1.3
iTunes Version: iTunes 10
Carrier: T-Mobile
OS: Windows 7
Location: Texas
Posts: 2
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
You used the OS 4.2.1 from apple in step 2 and 7 ?? Or was it a custom firmware?
  Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Apeman1213 For This Useful Post:
liljhayson (01-23-2013)

 
Unread 07-16-2011, 04:07 PM   #13
smokes
Jailbroken
 
smokes is offline
Join Date: Jul 2011
Device: iPhone 3G
iOS Version: 4.3
iTunes Version: iTunes 10
Carrier: o2
OS: Windows XP
Location: England
Posts: 31
Thanks: 35
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Karim thanks for detailed info I am having a lot of problems with poor wifi signal the only way I can connect is when I am in the same room as the router. As soon as go away the signal drops from 2 bars to nothing. The fix you mention sounds like it could sort my problem I wonder how much a shop would charge? I know nothing about these phones & don't want to brick it

Thanks
Smokes
  Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to smokes For This Useful Post:
liljhayson (01-23-2013)

 
Unread 09-12-2011, 12:58 AM   #14
kimodotnet
n00b
 
kimodotnet is offline
Join Date: Jun 2011
Device: iPhone 3G
iOS Version: 4.2
iTunes Version: iTunes 10
Carrier: Other
OS: Windows 7
Location: egypt
Posts: 2
Thanks: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apeman1213 View Post
You used the OS 4.2.1 from apple in step 2 and 7 ?? Or was it a custom firmware?
@ Apeman1213

Use the Original IOS 4.2.1 from Apple in 2 and 7 and let me tell you why.

the problem we have is in the custom firmware.. when you make a new custom firmware or download 1 from any website the application you use to make this firmware skips the wifi part and it consider the wifi part as an original part of the OS so after while the iboot file can't recognize the wifi device any more,.

its like a computer if you have a VGA card and you didn't install its software it will work but you can't use all its features and games will not work. even if you installed a custom copy of its software. YOU HAVE TO USE THE ORIGINAL ISO TO SOLVE THIS PROBLEM.

---------- EDIT ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by smokes View Post
Karim thanks for detailed info I am having a lot of problems with poor wifi signal the only way I can connect is when I am in the same room as the router. As soon as go away the signal drops from 2 bars to nothing. The fix you mention sounds like it could sort my problem I wonder how much a shop would charge? I know nothing about these phones & don't want to brick it

Thanks
Smokes
hay somkes

to be honest i don't have any info about "shop would charge?".
i've got those steps after try and error so many times because here in Egypt we don't have any shop can do that. most of the maintaining shops here are afraid to do anything to any iPhone and they dealing with it like a nuclear device or something i don't know why !!!

and apple store will consider my iPhone out of warranty "which i'm by the way" so i did what i have to do.

Sorry dude i would love to help you @ any time , but you are on your own this time.
Karim
  Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to kimodotnet For This Useful Post:
liljhayson (01-23-2013)

 
Unread 10-10-2011, 12:13 PM   #15
popolink
n00b
 
popolink is offline
Join Date: Oct 2011
Device: iPhone 3G
iOS Version: 4.2.x
iTunes Version: iTunes 10
Carrier: AT&T
OS: Windows XP
Location: bkk
Posts: 2
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
restore
  Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to popolink For This Useful Post:
liljhayson (01-23-2013)

 
Unread 10-22-2011, 12:36 AM   #16
jackiechan
n00b
 
jackiechan is offline
Join Date: Oct 2011
Device: iPhone 3G
iOS Version: 3.1.3
iTunes Version: iTunes 9
Carrier: T-Mobile
OS: Windows 7
Location: texas
Posts: 2
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
hi does anyone knpw how to downgrade iphone3g, bb6.15.00, firmware6.15.00, version 4.1 to 3.1.3/
  Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to jackiechan For This Useful Post:
liljhayson (01-23-2013)

 
Unread 10-22-2011, 01:32 AM   #17
joecef
Obsessive iPhone Disorder
 
joecef's Avatar
 
joecef is offline
Join Date: Jun 2010
Device: iPhone 3GS
iOS Version: 5.1
iTunes Version: iTunes 10
Carrier: Other
OS: Windows 7
Location: La
Posts: 2,842
Thanks: 3,183
Thanked 954 Times in 715 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackiechan View Post
hi does anyone knpw how to downgrade iphone3g, bb6.15.00, firmware6.15.00, version 4.1 to 3.1.3/
Download 3.1.3 firmware and shift+restore to 3.1.3 firmware
Kinda easy
  Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to joecef For This Useful Post:
liljhayson (01-23-2013)

 
Unread 07-18-2012, 05:33 AM   #18
Grunzisbest
n00b
 
Grunzisbest is offline
Join Date: Jul 2012
Device: iPhone 3GS
iOS Version: 6.0
iTunes Version: iTunes 10
Carrier: Other
OS: Windows 7
Location: Bangladesh
Posts: 6
Thanks: 1
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
my spring board usually crash and phone moves to safe mode.. i think its due to multi task action ... how to sole it???

---------- EDIT ----------

Hi!HELP ME!My iPhone 3G 4.2.1 Untethered Jailbreak could not connect to wifi,any wifi!sometimes it says unable to join the network and sometimes i get connected for just a second AND sometimes it doesn't detect any wifi at all!I already reset the network settings....
  Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Grunzisbest For This Useful Post:
liljhayson (01-23-2013)

 
Unread 01-22-2013, 06:25 AM   #19
sniper14
n00b
 
sniper14 is offline
Join Date: Dec 2012
Device: iPhone 3G
iOS Version: 4.2.x
iTunes Version: iTunes 11
Carrier: Other
OS: Windows 7
Location: manila
Posts: 1
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
ihave same problem but stil not fix idid to restore with the original ios
  Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to sniper14 For This Useful Post:
liljhayson (01-23-2013)

 
Unread 01-22-2013, 11:47 PM   #20
ir-one
SoftbankSuck
 
ir-one's Avatar
 
ir-one is offline
Join Date: Oct 2010
Device: iPhone 4
iOS Version: 4.3
iTunes Version: iTunes 10
Carrier: Other
OS: Windows Vista
Location: Japan
Posts: 163
Thanks: 70
Thanked 30 Times in 27 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kimodotnet View Post
Hay guys;

i think i have found some solution to wifi grayed out problem.

i think i can help you if you have save your SHSH for 4.0, 4.1 ... and later.

i've been searching for this problem for a long time and i didn't find any useful answer and i have tried so many solutions without any luck, so i decided to do it on my own risk.

PS : keep your internet connection ON all the time of the following procedure

this is what i did for my 3G IPhone :

1 - downgrade your iphone form 4.2.1 to 4.0.2 with your current bb 6.15
you will get the famous 1015 error. if you tried to get out of recovery using tineumbrella it won't do any good and your iphone will stuck in recovery.

2 - restore your iphone with the original IOS 4.2.1 ( so you can get your backup back )

3 - don't use hacktivation to activate your phone , try to use the original SIM card.

4 - do step no. 2 again but this time before you start restoring your iphone close itune and open tine tineumbrella and start TSS server.

5 - disconnect your iphone from USB and shutdown it.

6 - open itune and before connecting your iphone press and hold home button then connect your phone to USB you will notice the apple logo, keep holding home button until iphone goes to DFU mode and itune recognize it.

7 - restore your iphone using the ORIGINAL IOS 4.2.1

8 - if you got 1015 use tineumbrella to get out of recovery

9 - this is very important step : if you are on bb 6.15 like me you need to flash your baseband one more time with Ipad bb so jailbreak you iphone with redsn0w 0.9.6b5 or later and mark the ipad baseband check box and continue jailbreaking.

10- when finish your wifi suppose to work fine now.

i have used those steps after trying so many times including freezing my iphone.

this problem appeared after installing a custom ISPW which doesn't have bb in it.

by downgrading your iphone and update it again with the original IOS and reflash it with ipad bb again ( like the first time you made it ) all of your problems should disappear.

this steps solved the following problem i have experienced :

1 - gray wifi
2 - low signal wifi if not grayed out
3 - iphone over heated
4 - battery drained
5 - slow performance

i hope it help you,

best of luck.

karim
Tried this methode but didt work with my iphone

*iPhone 3Gs 16GB
*iPhone 4 16GB
*iPad 3G+Wifi 32GB
*iPad 2 3G+Wifi 32GB
Carrier: Softbank & NTT Docomo Japan


  Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to ir-one For This Useful Post:
liljhayson (01-23-2013)
Reply

Tags
4.2.1, iphone 3g, wifi

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off




All times are GMT -7. The time now is 01:39 PM.

Copyright 2009 (SiNfulSS)- Shot Caller @ SiNfuL iPhone