You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    

Go Back   SiNfuL iPhone > Discussion | Help > App | Game | Software - Discussion & Help > Cydia Apps Discussion

Notices

Cydia Apps Discussion Discussion & Help for all Cydia Apps.

Iphone 3GS now stuck on Apple Logo/GreenPoison Skull after installing Resupported 4.
Unread 04-23-2011, 01:11 AM   #1
rct316
n00b

Device: iPhone 3GS
iOS Version: 4.2
iTunes Version: iTunes 10
Carrier: AT&T
Iphone 3GS now stuck on Apple Logo/GreenPoison Skull after installing Resupported 4.

Alright first off hello, long time luker, first time poster. I just jailbroke my phone about a month ago so bear with me if im a little inexperienced.

Ok so to keep things short 2 days my phone was completly submerged in water for about 5 seconds. I quickly took it out, and dried it. Imediatly after i noticed sand in the dock port and quickly dried it and removed and sand. No sand seemed to enter the mic port. The screen quickly started flashing and showed "charging is not supported with this accessory". As well as the audio seemed off as if a headphone was plugged in. I turned it off and did a quick dry. Took about another 1-2 hr before i got home to fully clean the dock and phone. I then left it in rice for about 12 hrs as i went to sleep, again cleaned the dock, and the sound went back on. From everything else i read, i actually got LUCKY on this case. The sound is back on, and was off caused by dirt in the port. But the popup is still constant somewhat, about every 2-3 hour, but almost non existant. Also the lock screen has the triangle warning with same pop up.

Now because of the popup I decided to download Resupported 4 which I assumed would allow me to remove the popup and the lockscreen.

But now because of this my device will not boot up to the springboard at all. The phone will start up, show the apple, then show the skull caused by the Greenpoison jailbreak, but then will get stuck with the loading circle.

Now for the past 3 days, and me being up 3 hours straight yet again I have nowhere else to turn. Ive tried and looked up everything I could, but outdated and unrelieable information could only get me so far.

Does anybody have any idea on what to do, and how to fix this problem? Is the problem the water damage? Is the problem the installation of Resupported 4. I do not believe the water damage caused the apple logo to be stuck, but rather from Resupported 4?

Please ANY help and support is GREATLY appreciated. Thank you...

Unread 04-23-2011, 01:38 AM   #2
kerode
iPhone Junkie

Device: iPhone 5S
iOS Version: 7.1.x
iTunes Version: iTunes 11
Carrier: Other
Thanked 1,617 Times in 492 Posts
i know you have probably already tried this but try a hard reset if that doesn't work try again a couple more times, i had this issue today and after about 4-5 hard resets my phone booted! good luck!!
The Following User Says Thank You to kerode For This Useful Post:
rct316 (04-24-2011)

Unread 04-23-2011, 01:45 AM   #3
rct316
n00b

yeah ive tried this, ive tried waiting for 5 min between each reset, and resetting imediatly in a row, but non has worked.

btw thanks for your help. lol ill be here all night again. haha been trying to fix for the last 3 days and all night for 2 nights.

Unread 04-23-2011, 02:01 AM   #4
rontorbay
iPhoneaholic

Device: iPad 2
iOS Version: 6.1.2
My daughter dropped her phone in a sink with fresh water in it. She snatched it out, couldnt have been in for more than 2 -3 secs. I grrabbed it from her, shook the water out violently, then took it apart (I have experience of this), used tissue to dry any visible moisture, then used the rice method, for 3 days. Re-assembled the phone and EVERYTHING, but EVERYTHING worked, EXCEPT, the sleep button. If phone battery went flat, could boot it to life by plugging into usb port or Power supply, and charging normally.

But, and here's the rub...... couldn't power off the phone.......no problem, just keep it charged, or use sbsettings to boot, or reboot.

The biggest problem ...... couldn't put phone into DFU, so no Jailbreak if upgraded.

Headphone socket, silent switch, volume buttons and sleep switch are all on same cable. This was replaced............ still no joy. Final diagnosis ........ LOGIC board FU***D !!

Cost of replacement new, 300 in UK. Used working from USA, $275 ....... 167 UKP.

That is your problem my friend:- I STRESS!!, the only thing not working, was the TOP (SLEEP) button, and this required a new LOGIC BOARD. Bought a Used phone from eBay UK for 230. There's your answer.................. SORRY!!

Unread 04-23-2011, 02:16 AM   #5
hope376
Obsessive iPhone Disorder

Device: iPhone 4
Generally the first thing to replace when your phone gets wet is the battery. Even though the phone seems to be charged the battery fails under load and won't boot.

Ps rontorbay don't hijack threads.
Cheery Bye

Unread 04-23-2011, 02:28 AM   #6
rontorbay
iPhoneaholic

Device: iPad 2
iOS Version: 6.1.2
@ hope376:- This forum is about helping others, sharing experiences, solutions and friendly advice.

My post was relevant to a members problem. If I want to post a new thread, I know how to go about it. I wasn't under the impression that the number of words written determined whether a thread was hi-jacked.

I could flame you, and tell you to keep it friendly, but I'll let it pass, 'cos you did offer an opinion to rct316.

In the case rct316, your reply was not relevant. The battery is powering his device, although admittedly, he doesn't mention the duration of the power.

I repeat from my previous post, the LOGIC board is the most probable malfunctioning part. This is from experience of repairing iPhones, and in consultation with colleagues with experience of water damaged iPhones.

Last edited by rontorbay; 04-23-2011 at 02:38 AM.

Unread 04-23-2011, 03:18 AM   #7
rct316
n00b

actually my phone was working for 2 days after dropping in water and in fact did NOT notice ANY battery problems. it charged easily with no problem at all. and charged pretty much exactly the same. infact i did not think about it until you brought it up at all.

I believe my problem is in fact due to the installion of the application. but any help would be appreciated. thanks for the replies

Unread 04-23-2011, 03:15 PM   #8
rct316
n00b

anybody have any ideas?

Unread 04-23-2011, 03:23 PM   #9
multipazz

iOS Version: 4.0.1
Carrier: Vodafone
Thanked 3,438 Times in 1,336 Posts
try msft.guy ramdisk recovery...

you can use his tools to repair the disk volumes and to access the files to fix problems..

I am working on a tutroial to post here.. but it will not be finished for a few more days..
and will be only for macintosh...

the tutorial is ported from msft.guy's windows method

Mostly iPhone hacking

Mostly iPhone hacking: Booting SSH ramdisk on new devices
Mostly iPhone hacking: Working iPhone recovery ramdisk with SSH ;-)

i believe it can fix your problem..
The Following User Says Thank You to multipazz For This Useful Post:
rct316 (04-24-2011)

Unread 04-23-2011, 06:57 PM   #10
hope376

Quote:
Originally Posted by rontorbay View Post
@ hope376:- This forum is about helping others, sharing experiences, solutions and friendly advice.

My post was relevant to a members problem. If I want to post a new thread, I know how to go about it. I wasn't under the impression that the number of words written determined whether a thread was hi-jacked.

I could flame you, and tell you to keep it friendly, but I'll let it pass, 'cos you did offer an opinion to rct316.

In the case rct316, your reply was not relevant. The battery is powering his device, although admittedly, he doesn't mention the duration of the power.

I repeat from my previous post, the LOGIC board is the most probable malfunctioning part. This is from experience of repairing iPhones, and in consultation with colleagues with experience of water damaged iPhones.
My experience is the problem you have discribed only happens on 2 g the newer handsets seem to be able to handle water. Yes the buttons may stop working but these can be fixed by polishing the contact areas.

You would be mad to replace the mainboard at that price it would be only worth wile to get an out of service warranty then you have a mint handset.
Cheery Bye

Unread 04-23-2011, 10:04 PM   #11
kerode
iPhone Junkie

Device: iPhone 5S
iOS Version: 7.1.x
Thanked 1,617 Times in 492 Posts
mate see if you can enter dfu and run greenpoison again, not sure if it will work but i'm sure i read somewhere that this has helped a few people stuck in boot loops!
The Following User Says Thank You to kerode For This Useful Post:
rct316 (04-24-2011)

Unread 04-24-2011, 02:13 AM   #12
rct316
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by kerode View Post
mate see if you can enter dfu and run greenpoison again, not sure if it will work but i'm sure i read somewhere that this has helped a few people stuck in boot loops!
Aye thanks for your support, I've just tried to run greenpoison again (twice) but it did not work. After greenpoison finishes, the iphone reboots and gets stuck on the skull/loading circle again.

But THANK YOU for your help and reply. I will appreciate any help given.
Any other Ideas?

---------- EDIT ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by multipazz View Post
try msft.guy ramdisk recovery...

you can use his tools to repair the disk volumes and to access the files to fix problems..

I am working on a tutroial to post here.. but it will not be finished for a few more days..
and will be only for macintosh...

the tutorial is ported from msft.guy's windows method

(cant post urls)

i believe it can fix your problem..
lol again I am not very iphone savy but I will try my best on this method. Thank you for your help and I will try and report back on the results...

I also feel that it is important to note that yes the error was from water damage, BUT the brick is from resupported. Mainly because the water damage was SO MINOR that the water sensor did not go off at ALL. Also because I used my phone for 2 days without any MAJOR problems. Most of the problem was caused by sand in the dock, which was easily fixed and removed by toothbrush. Also important to note is when I connect my phone to itunes, itunes still recognizes the phone and i could still access everything, EXCEPT the apps tab. Which i believe is caused by Resupported 4. I also can still access through IPhoneBrowser, and also access my iphone though the usb port and access pictures/video. Also I am able to access DFU mode and restore mode.

Any other ideas will be GREATLY appreciated. Thank you...

also is there any way to ssh into my device using iphonebrower, to remove the app? would this be possible to do?

Unread 04-24-2011, 03:40 AM   #13
multipazz

iOS Version: 4.0.1
Carrier: Vodafone
Thanked 3,438 Times in 1,336 Posts
tutorial is now live:-
[Mac OS] iPhone Data Recovery iOS 4x via SSH ramdisk method - SiNfuL iPhone