You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    

Go Back   SiNfuL iPhone > iOS Firmware > iOS 4 Firmware

Notices

iOS 4 Firmware iOS 4 Firmware Discussion
NO JAILBREAKING QUESTIONS!!!

4.3.3 Freeze/Reboot Issue
Unread 06-16-2011, 11:54 AM   #1
Scoriae
Jailbroken

Device: iPhone 4
iOS Version: 4.3
iTunes Version: iTunes 10
Carrier: Other
4.3.3 Freeze/Reboot Issue

Greeting folks,

Decided to put this one in a new thread since the old 4.3.3 experience thread had gone about a month without replies, didnt want to be a necromancer

My phone has had this issue ever since installing 4.3.3 and 4.3.2, that issue being:
Closing some apps will cause the springboard to freeze, and it will then either reboot or unfreeze after some time (10 seconds minimum to a few minutes). This happens rarely, maybe a few times a week on 4.3.3, but I am now annoyed by it. On 4.3.2 it happened multiple times a day. It does NOT matter what application is closed, and there are no predictable patterns that I was able to notice.

I've used every version of the 4.3.3 jailbreak, including its subsequent updates, to try and nail this problem but to no avail. I am unable to add/remove apps/tweaks a few at a time due to the sporadic nature of this problem; it would take me ages to find the specific issue via trial and error.

The tweaks I used are no different from what I was using on 4.1. I am currently using an iPhone 4. I chose to upgrade to 4.3.3 for added functionality and for application compatibilities (iMovie, and infrastructure mode, specifically, though there are a few others).

So my questions are:
- Has anyone had this problem on 4.3.3?
- If so, has anyone found a remedy or at least the culprit to the problem?
- Is 4.2.1 as stable as 4.1? I may drop down to it depending on feedback. As a reminder, I am not going back to 4.1 since there are application incompatibilities with that iOS version, despite it being the most stable I have used thus far. I like 4.3.3, except for this singular issue.

Thank you in advance for your input, insight and feedbacks. It is greatly appreciated.

Unread 06-16-2011, 12:31 PM   #2
Boardr
n00b

Carrier: AT&T
Well, I have never experienced this rebooting phenomenon, but I have encountered some freezing, though, not to the extreme you're having.

The only feedback I can give you is that 4.2.1 was just as stable (for me) as 4.1, and a helluva lot more stable than 4.3.3; I've never encountered freezing on 4.2.1.

Unread 06-16-2011, 02:49 PM   #3
player04
Obsessive iPhone Disorder

Device: iPhone 4S
iOS Version: 5.0.1
Restore again

Unread 06-16-2011, 02:55 PM   #4
Scoriae
Jailbroken

Did so, about 20 times over the course of the last month, to no avail.

I'm preparing to drop down to 4.2.1, but still hoping (perhaps in vain) that a solution will be found.

Unread 06-16-2011, 05:06 PM   #5
HungLeon

Device: iPhone 3G
iOS Version: 3.1.3
iTunes Version: iTunes 9
Carrier: T-Mobile
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scoriae View Post
Greeting folks,

Decided to put this one in a new thread since the old 4.3.3 experience thread had gone about a month without replies, didnt want to be a necromancer

My phone has had this issue ever since installing 4.3.3 and 4.3.2, that issue being:
Closing some apps will cause the springboard to freeze, and it will then either reboot or unfreeze after some time (10 seconds minimum to a few minutes). This happens rarely, maybe a few times a week on 4.3.3, but I am now annoyed by it. On 4.3.2 it happened multiple times a day. It does NOT matter what application is closed, and there are no predictable patterns that I was able to notice.

I've used every version of the 4.3.3 jailbreak, including its subsequent updates, to try and nail this problem but to no avail. I am unable to add/remove apps/tweaks a few at a time due to the sporadic nature of this problem; it would take me ages to find the specific issue via trial and error.

The tweaks I used are no different from what I was using on 4.1. I am currently using an iPhone 4. I chose to upgrade to 4.3.3 for added functionality and for application compatibilities (iMovie, and infrastructure mode, specifically, though there are a few others).

So my questions are:
- Has anyone had this problem on 4.3.3?
- If so, has anyone found a remedy or at least the culprit to the problem?
- Is 4.2.1 as stable as 4.1? I may drop down to it depending on feedback. As a reminder, I am not going back to 4.1 since there are application incompatibilities with that iOS version, despite it being the most stable I have used thus far. I like 4.3.3, except for this singular issue.

Thank you in advance for your input, insight and feedbacks. It is greatly appreciated.
yup, those issues belong to snowbreeze jailbreak, not with the official fw and redsn0w, my ip4 running official 4.3.3 very stability compare to my friends whose also running 4.3.3 but custom fw, and those issues are very common to one of them
My Signal Bars

A SIGNAL BARS THAT DOES NOT HAVE ALOT OF EVENTS AND SOCIALIZATIONS IS A DEAD SIGNAL BARS
The Following User Says Thank You to HungLeon For This Useful Post:
Scoriae (06-17-2011)

Unread 06-16-2011, 08:50 PM   #6
Scoriae
Jailbroken

Good to hear its not just me. I'll give redsn0w another shot then; seems they have released another version since I stopped trying the restore. Dropped down to 4.2.1 but back up I go!

Thanks for the tip, sir!

Update: Looks like theres a new sn0wbreeze (2.7.3) since I last tried as well. I am unable to use redsn0w at the moment due to my need to preserve baseband; I have been unable to find a solution that would preserve the baseband without using a custom ispw created by sn0wbreeze. I tried loading the original firmware using tinyumbrella and fixrecovery to kick it out of the loop, but no dice. Did about 15 restores today to find a working combination of programs and methods, but no dice. Still though, its good to know im not the only one. Thanks again, HungLeon.

Last edited by Scoriae; 06-17-2011 at 01:04 AM.

Unread 06-17-2011, 03:36 AM   #7
imitheboss@hotmail.c
n00b

Carrier: T-Mobile
need help to unlock iphone 4 4.33
with basband 04.10.01

Unread 06-17-2011, 05:20 AM   #8
Marmik

iOS Version: 6.1.2
Carrier: Vodafone
ya it happened with my phone as well
u try to restore and jailbreak it again
in my phone it was happening on 4.3.1 and 4.3.2
but now on 4.3.3 it does not happen
u might have installed some cydia app which is causing ur SB to freeze!!!
Game Center ID=kais0ku
iMessage: kais0ku@me.com
Facebook
Twitter- kais0ku
Google+

Unread 06-17-2011, 09:01 AM   #9
Speedx69
Jailbroken

Device: iPhone 3GS
iOS Version: 5.0
Carrier: Rogers
I have a 3gs went to 4.3.3, no jailbreak started from new, screen flickers and reboots every 10 mins about could be less. baseband is 5.16, tried every 4 os and nothing works. Went to 3.1.3 and has been running about a week perfect, jailbroke and still is perfect. I have from 3.1.3 all the way to 4.3.3 shsh saved also. Tried multiple times on every 4 os to get at least 1 of them working, but no go.. I read that it has to do with the battery and the 3gs and the 4 os's can anyone confirm this issue. How can I try a custom 4 os, I am running a 3gs, new bootrom-model MC144C, baseband is at 5.16.02, and jailbroken 3.1.3 as I mentioned before I have 3.1.3 to 4.3.3 shsh blobs saved.

Thanks

Last edited by Speedx69; 06-17-2011 at 10:01 AM.

Unread 06-19-2011, 02:54 PM   #10
Scoriae
Jailbroken

Its been a few days since I restored using a custom firmware created with sn0wbreeze 2.7.3, and thus far I do not seem to be having the issues I reported before. Previously, the highest sn0wbreeze available was 2.7.1r2 which was what I was using up to the point I did the most recent restore.

I also removed LockInfo since I rarely used it. Unknown if that played a role.

Also, yay for thread hijack.

Unread 06-23-2011, 05:32 AM   #11
player04

iOS Version: 5.0.1
Yay +1 for thread hijackers.

Unread 06-23-2011, 06:38 AM   #12
kkaa4422
n00b

Device: iPod Touch 2
iOS Version: 4.1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scoriae View Post
Its been a few days since I restored using a custom firmware created with sn0wbreeze 2.7.3, and thus far I do not seem to be having the issues I reported before. Previously, the highest sn0wbreeze available was 2.7.1r2 which was what I was using up to the point I did the most recent restore.

I also removed LockInfo since I rarely used it. Unknown if that played a role.

Also, yay for thread hijack.
I think LockInfo doesn't cause this ,because I'm using it
Probably hijack