You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    

Go Back   SiNfuL iPhone > Device Specific > iPhone 3GS

Notices

iPhone 3GS iPhone 3GS Discussion | Help
NO JAILBREAKING QUESTIONS!

Reply
Thread Tools

 3gs 3.0.1 firmware restored and screwed
Unread 08-17-2009, 11:23 PM   #1
Sgtanimus
Jailbroken
 
Sgtanimus's Avatar
 
Sgtanimus is offline
Join Date: Aug 2009
Device: iPhone 4
iOS Version: 4.1
iTunes Version: iTunes 10
Carrier: AT&T
OS: Windows 7
Location: California
Posts: 84
Thanks: 17
Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts
3gs 3.0.1 firmware restored and screwed

Hello,

i'm new to jailbreaking and pick up a black 16 3gs. I was on 3.0.1 firmware and use redsnow 0.8 and use 3.0 update. I downgraded it back to 3.0 and did a restore without getting the ecid. i guess i'm screwed..huh! co'z non of my crack apps work anymore and can't sync them to itunes.

but tomorrow i'm getting an exchange and gonna get the white 16 gb 3gs. ( i'll take my chance if the color change ) will go back to apple to replace it again.

so the new phone is gonna be on 3.0 once i get it.

What do you guys suggest i should do first? and if i could get some links for ecid and ibss...etc. . Many thanks to all and awesome website!
  Reply With Quote

 
Unread 08-17-2009, 11:39 PM   #2
gregorcarbine
iPhoneaholic
 
gregorcarbine is offline
Join Date: Aug 2009
Device: iPhone 3G
iOS Version: 3.1.2
iTunes Version: iTunes 8
Carrier: AT&T
OS: Windows XP
Location: ky
Posts: 168
Thanks: 24
Thanked 59 Times in 31 Posts
!!!ATTENTION!!! All iPhone 3Gs Users Who Want To Jailbreak | FSMdotCOM

this is the website i found that had some good information. i'm not on a 3gs so i haven't tried this but it's a place to start. hope this helps.
  Reply With Quote

 
Unread 08-18-2009, 12:06 AM   #3
cooler2442
n00b
 
cooler2442 is offline
Join Date: Aug 2009
Device: iPhone 4
iOS Version: 4.2
iTunes Version: iTunes 10
Carrier: AT&T
OS: Windows 7
Location: California
Posts: 7
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
So those who jailbroke a 3GS already without getting an ECID are screwed if we decide to restore and upgrade to a new firmware? Because I was on 3.0.1 and I jailbroke fine today with 0.8 and back to firmware 3.0 and I downloaded about 100 cracked apps that all work fine.
  Reply With Quote

 
Unread 08-18-2009, 12:25 AM   #4
Sgtanimus
Jailbroken
 
Sgtanimus's Avatar
 
Sgtanimus is offline
Join Date: Aug 2009
Device: iPhone 4
iOS Version: 4.1
iTunes Version: iTunes 10
Carrier: AT&T
OS: Windows 7
Location: California
Posts: 84
Thanks: 17
Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cooler2442 View Post
So those who jailbroke a 3GS already without getting an ECID are screwed if we decide to restore and upgrade to a new firmware? Because I was on 3.0.1 and I jailbroke fine today with 0.8 and back to firmware 3.0 and I downloaded about 100 cracked apps that all work fine.
Are u saying u did what I did and all your crack apps still work?
Then, if that's the case whatthe he'll did I do. Pls. Help!

Just like what I posted. Updated to 3.0.1, jailbroke it & use 3.0 use redsnow 0.8, downgraded the firmware to 3.0 again, applied appsync 3.0 then sync but none of my crack apps showed up on my phone.
  Reply With Quote

 
Unread 08-18-2009, 12:47 AM   #5
eddiemc
n00b
 
eddiemc is offline
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: oslo
Posts: 18
Thanks: 1
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgtanimus View Post
Are u saying u did what I did and all your crack apps still work?
Then, if that's the case whatthe he'll did I do. Pls. Help!

Just like what I posted. Updated to 3.0.1, jailbroke it & use 3.0 use redsnow 0.8, downgraded the firmware to 3.0 again, applied appsync 3.0 then sync but none of my crack apps showed up on my phone.

You did download an original AppStore app before applying the appsync patch, right? If not, then thats the problem. If you did, and also reebooted afterwards, then i'd do a restore and jailbreak again. Should work fine, i'm on a 3gs and i've no problem using cracked apps....

By the way, it's also no problem getting the ecid, ibec and ibss on 3.01. You will have to restore, but 3.0 or 3.01 doesn't matter. The problem doesn't start until september and 3.1

regards
-e
  Reply With Quote

 
Unread 08-18-2009, 12:49 AM   #6
turkish
iPhone hacker since 1.1.1
 
turkish's Avatar
 
turkish is offline
Join Date: Aug 2009
Device: iPhone 4S
iOS Version: 6.1
iTunes Version: iTunes 11
Carrier: T-Mobile
OS: Mac OS X
Location: location, location! lol
Posts: 1,117
Thanks: 1,123
Thanked 1,200 Times in 291 Posts
before u install appsync u MUST install a free app from the actual itunes store FIRST!
this setsup the mobile substrate that appsync alters.
U HAVE to reboot the phone after the appsync patch is installed
also, u may need to click "store" in itunes and authorize computer to get ur apps to have proper permissions.
Lastly install "installous" to do it thru the phone instead of itunes

edit:
dang eddiemc must have been typin while i was.
Sent from my iPhone
DO NOT REPLY WITH "thanks!" HIT THE THANKS BUTTON IN THE ORIGINAL POST!!!
I hit "Thanks" for laughs and common sense!
SO DON'T BEG FOR IT!

STOP staring at my avatar!

click here to take FULL advantage of your iPhone, get rich, get famous, learn a language, or even take over the world!
  Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to turkish For This Useful Post:
Sgtanimus (08-18-2009)

 
Unread 08-18-2009, 12:56 AM   #7
(-•SiNfulSS•-)

 
(-•SiNfulSS•-)'s Avatar
 
(-•SiNfulSS•-) is offline
Join Date: Jun 2009
Device: iPhone 5
iOS Version: 6.1.2
iTunes Version: iTunes 11
Carrier: AT&T
OS: Windows 7 x64
Location: 127.0.0.1
Posts: 7,149
Thanks: 1,660
Thanked 24,853 Times in 2,547 Posts
I will be honest, the whole needing to install a legit app thing doesn't apply to AppSync from what I have seen. I don't have one single legit app in my Applications folder, I even crack all my free apps and all the legit ones that I have bought. When I restore my phones I never install any legit apps and all my cracked apps work just fine. So I'm pretty sure that the whole "install a legit app first" thing only applied to the old mobileinstallation hack, but with AppSync this isn't necessary.



If you lack enemies, you're not doing something worthwhile!
(-•SiNfulSS•-)

www.SiNfulSS.com
www.SiNfuLiPhone.com
www.SiNfuLiPhoneRepo.com
www.SiNfuLRacing.com
www.SiNfuLComputers.com
  Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to (-•SiNfulSS•-) For This Useful Post:
Sgtanimus (08-18-2009)

 
Unread 08-18-2009, 01:18 AM   #8
cooler2442
n00b
 
cooler2442 is offline
Join Date: Aug 2009
Device: iPhone 4
iOS Version: 4.2
iTunes Version: iTunes 10
Carrier: AT&T
OS: Windows 7
Location: California
Posts: 7
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Well since your asking me what I did. I bought the Iphone 3GS on Thursday, decided to install Pandora Radio over the weekend. Today I watched a youtube guide and jailbroke it using 0.8 and downgraded from 3.0.1 to 3.0 and installed about 100 apps that all work fine.

---------- EDIT ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddiemc View Post
You did download an original AppStore app before applying the appsync patch, right? If not, then thats the problem. If you did, and also reebooted afterwards, then i'd do a restore and jailbreak again. Should work fine, i'm on a 3gs and i've no problem using cracked apps....

By the way, it's also no problem getting the ecid, ibec and ibss on 3.01. You will have to restore, but 3.0 or 3.01 doesn't matter. The problem doesn't start until september and 3.1

regards
-e
So if I want to upgrade to 3.1 in September and don't have my ECID will I not be able to upgrade?
  Reply With Quote

 
Unread 08-18-2009, 06:54 AM   #9
eddiemc
n00b
 
eddiemc is offline
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: oslo
Posts: 18
Thanks: 1
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by cooler2442 View Post
Well since your asking me what I did. I bought the Iphone 3GS on Thursday, decided to install Pandora Radio over the weekend. Today I watched a youtube guide and jailbroke it using 0.8 and downgraded from 3.0.1 to 3.0 and installed about 100 apps that all work fine.

---------- EDIT ----------



So if I want to upgrade to 3.1 in September and don't have my ECID will I not be able to upgrade?

According to rumors Apple will patch the current exploit which enable us to jailbrake/unlock the 3gs.. I reckon hackers will find a new hole, but nevertheless the dev team advise getting the ecid, ibss etc. just to be on the safe side.
You cannot extract those from the 3.1 firmware, and since you might need those to jailbreak/unlock in the future, get them before you upgrade to 3.1

Basically do not upgrade in september until you have those stored

-e
  Reply With Quote

 
Unread 08-18-2009, 08:11 AM   #10
Sgtanimus
Jailbroken
 
Sgtanimus's Avatar
 
Sgtanimus is offline
Join Date: Aug 2009
Device: iPhone 4
iOS Version: 4.1
iTunes Version: iTunes 10
Carrier: AT&T
OS: Windows 7
Location: California
Posts: 84
Thanks: 17
Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts
I did all that. How come all my legit apps are the only ones showing up. Maybe I need to deauthorized it and authorized iTunes again. Due to I've installed itunes to several pc's. Thanks for all the response guys and will report back.

BTW. should i still get the white 3gs eventhough it turns out yellow according to the latest report?
  Reply With Quote

 
Unread 08-18-2009, 08:16 AM   #11
(-•SiNfulSS•-)

 
(-•SiNfulSS•-)'s Avatar
 
(-•SiNfulSS•-) is offline
Join Date: Jun 2009
Device: iPhone 5
iOS Version: 6.1.2
iTunes Version: iTunes 11
Carrier: AT&T
OS: Windows 7 x64
Location: 127.0.0.1
Posts: 7,149
Thanks: 1,660
Thanked 24,853 Times in 2,547 Posts
When you say that the apps aren't showing up are you talking about on your phone? Does iTunes give you any errors when trying to sync your cracked apps? Have you tried rebooting? If iTunes allows you to sync the cracked apps then everything should be fine. iTunes would give you an error message if syncing cracked apps doesn't work.



If you lack enemies, you're not doing something worthwhile!
(-•SiNfulSS•-)

www.SiNfulSS.com
www.SiNfuLiPhone.com
www.SiNfuLiPhoneRepo.com
www.SiNfuLRacing.com
www.SiNfuLComputers.com
  Reply With Quote

 
Unread 08-18-2009, 08:34 AM   #12
Sgtanimus
Jailbroken
 
Sgtanimus's Avatar
 
Sgtanimus is offline
Join Date: Aug 2009
Device: iPhone 4
iOS Version: 4.1
iTunes Version: iTunes 10
Carrier: AT&T
OS: Windows 7
Location: California
Posts: 84
Thanks: 17
Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts
Yes! the crack apps were the one's not showing up ( all the legit are there ). NO errors at all. Everytime i sync it usually gives you a progress of the apps your synchronizing but i don't get that progress on the crack apps ONLY legit apps.

does that mean that my phone is screwed?
  Reply With Quote

 
Unread 08-18-2009, 09:09 AM   #13
CheeseyChung
Obsessive iPhone Disorder
 
CheeseyChung's Avatar
 
CheeseyChung is offline
Join Date: Aug 2009
Device: iPhone 4
iOS Version: 4.2
iTunes Version: iTunes 10
Carrier: AT&T
OS: Mac OS X
Location: FloRida
Posts: 927
Thanks: 237
Thanked 306 Times in 152 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by (-•SiNfulSS•-) View Post
I will be honest, the whole needing to install a legit app thing doesn't apply to AppSync from what I have seen. I don't have one single legit app in my Applications folder, I even crack all my free apps and all the legit ones that I have bought. When I restore my phones I never install any legit apps and all my cracked apps work just fine. So I'm pretty sure that the whole "install a legit app first" thing only applied to the old mobileinstallation hack, but with AppSync this isn't necessary.
Whats the benefit of cracking free apps, or allready purchased apps?
iPhone 3G 3.1.2 pwnage
  Reply With Quote

 
Unread 08-18-2009, 10:06 AM   #14
DarkLoki
Obsessive iPhone Disorder
 
DarkLoki's Avatar
 
DarkLoki is offline
Join Date: Jul 2009
Device: iPhone 4
iOS Version: 4.2
iTunes Version: iTunes 10
Carrier: AT&T
OS: Windows 7
Location: Oregon
Posts: 817
Thanks: 20
Thanked 235 Times in 113 Posts
Autherize. It's what I did
  Reply With Quote

 
Unread 08-18-2009, 10:17 AM   #15
gregorcarbine
iPhoneaholic
 
gregorcarbine is offline
Join Date: Aug 2009
Device: iPhone 3G
iOS Version: 3.1.2
iTunes Version: iTunes 8
Carrier: AT&T
OS: Windows XP
Location: ky
Posts: 168
Thanks: 24
Thanked 59 Times in 31 Posts
The iBSS thing, I don't have 3gs btw but I'm curious. If u wanted to downgrade how does having this file help and here do you put it in the iPhone to asure a succesful return to factory settings?
  Reply With Quote

 ecid, ibss etc?
Unread 08-23-2009, 06:04 PM   #16
rbfla
Jailbroken
 
rbfla's Avatar
 
rbfla is offline
Join Date: Aug 2009
Device: iPhone 3GS
iOS Version: 4.0.1
iTunes Version: iTunes 10
Carrier: AT&T
OS: Mac OS X
Location: florida
Posts: 38
Thanks: 88
Thanked 6 Times in 4 Posts
ecid, ibss etc?

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddiemc View Post
According to rumors Apple will patch the current exploit which enable us to jailbrake/unlock the 3gs.. I reckon hackers will find a new hole, but nevertheless the dev team advise getting the ecid, ibss etc. just to be on the safe side.
You cannot extract those from the 3.1 firmware, and since you might need those to jailbreak/unlock in the future, get them before you upgrade to 3.1

Basically do not upgrade in september until you have those stored

-e
noob here. what is it, and where do i get the ecid, ibss etc? Help please!
  Reply With Quote

 
Unread 08-23-2009, 10:54 PM   #17
zguy916
Obsessive iPhone Disorder
 
zguy916's Avatar
 
zguy916 is offline
Join Date: Aug 2009
Device: iPhone 5
iOS Version: 7.0
iTunes Version: iTunes 10
Carrier: AT&T
OS: Mac OS X
Location: ca
Posts: 452
Thanks: 307
Thanked 36 Times in 31 Posts
Ok sooo I did my ecid with usbview and put it in purplera1n.com and I have that file! I didnt do the ibec and ibss yet and jailbroke first........just wondering if im screwed or if its ok the grab ibec and ibss before new update?!?! Please let me know .......thanks
  Reply With Quote

 
Unread 08-23-2009, 10:58 PM   #18
gregorcarbine
iPhoneaholic
 
gregorcarbine is offline
Join Date: Aug 2009
Device: iPhone 3G
iOS Version: 3.1.2
iTunes Version: iTunes 8
Carrier: AT&T
OS: Windows XP
Location: ky
Posts: 168
Thanks: 24
Thanked 59 Times in 31 Posts
I think think the .ibss is the thing you get after taking your ecid to purplera1n.com or whatever, not 100% sure but pretty close.
  Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to gregorcarbine For This Useful Post:
zguy916 (08-25-2009)

 
Unread 09-02-2009, 02:45 PM   #19
iLady
Jailbroken
 
iLady's Avatar
 
iLady is offline
Join Date: Aug 2009
Device: iPhone 4
iOS Version: 4.1
iTunes Version: iTunes 9
Carrier: Rogers
OS: Windows 7
Location: Canada
Posts: 42
Thanks: 6
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
i got my ecid and i don't know where im supposed to put it , do i go to geohot's site but i dont see a like dah i must be dumb can someone help me out
  Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off




All times are GMT -7. The time now is 07:23 PM.

Copyright © 2009 ––––•(SiNfulSS)•–––- Shot Caller @ SiNfuL iPhone